Home
Posted By: lvmiker Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Real question, is Malta on an injun rez? I am headed that way in a few days and am wondering about accomodations, it is against my religion to RON where alcohol is not available. I am hoping to go to the Slippery Ann area in the CMR, with a name like that it must be good. Help a brother out if you know the area, please.

mike r
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Nope. Not on the rez, but you'll drive through one at least to get there. lol
Posted By: deflave Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
No. Malta is a nice quiet town. They'll all ask you where you're from and what you do for a living, but that's about it.

Dave
Didn't know they had Injuns in the Mediterranean.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Slippery Ann is a good place to view elk. Malta is close to the res. but not on it.
Watch out for rain, if it rains you will be there until it dries out.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Originally Posted by deflave
No. Malta is a nice quiet town. They'll all ask you where you're from and what you do for a living, but that's about it.

Dave

Just don't answer "APR." Even if it's true. Unless you're looking to buy land.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
I know a guy that lives an hour or so from there, but he's an azzwhole.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Stayed there on a pd hunt. Nice little motel and restaurant within a block of it. I'll have to look to remember names.

Maltana Motel is where we stayed.

Posted By: lvmiker Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Thanks for the info gents, I have heard about Montana gumbo. If I get stuck BGG told me to call Travis as he has a monster truck full of beer and knows where all the Elk live.

mike r
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
When you are in Malta, go out on Frenchman creek and check out my Grand dad's homestead. Sod shed built in 1890's. Just kidding, it melted away many years ago.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Slippery Ann is also a great place to paddlefish in the spring. And beware of Deflave and his monster truck full of beer. Trouble ha ha
Posted By: DHN Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I know a guy that lives an hour or so from there, but he's an azzwhole.

Thanks, amigo. (If you meant an hour from Slippery Ann) I'm in good company, with you and the other one!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
The GN is a hotel with a bar and restaurant.

The prime rib is pretty good, along with the rest of the menu. The rooms are not too bad either. They have a little BBQ joint and several other places to eat. Pizza joint and a drive through south of town. The Wanda burger is on sale on Wednesdays.

Malta is a nice small town. I was down there for a few days helping a buddy get caught up with his farming. They were having a big party in town that weekend, car show, drag races and a motorcycle jump.

Lodging was scarce on short notice but what got me was the fact that the rooms were the same price as they would have been if the town was not busy. Like 82 bucks.

Most other towns would jack the prices up, not Malta.
Posted By: DHN Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
The drag races here are a good show, for those so interested. We had 107 cars this past weekend. Drags are 5 times per year, we are the only 1/8 mile IHRA track in the state, and the highest turnout of any track. The community appreciates any out=of=town business, and treats you well accordingly.
Posted By: troutslayer Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Slippery Ann is a great place to view elk with 500 or so of your closest friends.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
I don't know Malta but I heard Mistem took an epic dump at someone's house that's about a hundred miles from there with lot's of beer cans and 223 cases laying around.
Posted By: BLG Re: Is Malta On The Rez - 09/29/17
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Thanks for the info gents, I have heard about Montana gumbo. If I get stuck BGG told me to call Travis as he has a monster truck full of beer and knows where all the Elk live.

mike r

Just don't count on Travis bringing you bullets.....well, the correct ones anyway.

Clyde
© 24hourcampfire