Home
Posted By: Squirrelnut Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Good grief. Who in their right mind would pay $700 for one of these things. I'd rather have another rifle.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/704156214
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Why would anyone want one anyway?

To make their rifle more inaccurate?

They are welcome to all of those they can scoop up...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Wannabe schit.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
And so it begins.......
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Someone is laughing all the way to the bank.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well oiled.
Posted By: hanco Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Glad I have one, Don't know what for??
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
And so it begins.......

Whatever do you mean?🙄
Posted By: KFWA Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
I never considered owning one.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
They look fun, but they're expensive and IMO, inaccurate. Full auto is the same way in a light weapon and these are worse-accuracy wise.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
fool and his money are soon parted.
i have one and used it 2 or 3 times. good way to flush ammo down the drain.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
No interest in bumpstock but did panic and put an FN 15 on layaway and ordered ten 30-round mags!
Posted By: NeBassman Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
The SureFire 100 round mags are now sold out too.

http://www.surefire.com/mag5-100.html
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
People are idiots.
Posted By: centershot Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Is there going to be another 3 year drought on .22 lr ammo?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by centershot

No sheit. If the left wants to protect themselves against us crazies, they oughta go after our 22's, we got enough ammo to feed them for a 100 year war!
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
They look fun, but they're expensive and IMO, inaccurate. Full auto is the same way in a light weapon and these are worse-accuracy wise.

And it takes a great deal of practice to get them to run right, which means thousands of rounds down range, and after all that you have a less accurate weapon even than a legit full auto. The binary trigger has more promise, but they are going after them too.
Originally Posted by NeBassman
The SureFire 100 round mags are now sold out too.

http://www.surefire.com/mag5-100.html

Rife with reliability issues.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
the old bags bill includes making owning one illegal.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17

Yes there will, I just bought it all. laugh
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
People are idiots.

That sums it up.
Posted By: kellory Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
I've used a bump stock for one day. I don't care for it, nor would I ever want to own one. But, neither do I want to allow any infringement of the 2nd amendment.
Take a look at the "banned list" of assault rifles ". It started with only a few weapons that had a history of being used for bad deeds. By the end of the banned list, it had what a dozen rifles? Some had NEVER been used in a crime, but fit the basic description. It is a LOT easier to add to a banned list, than to start one from scratch and get it past the voters.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17

Good morning, EthanEdwards. Your opinion about the accuracy might apply to some, even most. But not to all. I saw one guy empty a thirty round magazine in about two seconds on a twenty-five yard target and produced a 4" group.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by kellory
I've used a bump stock for one day. I don't care for it, nor would I ever want to own one. But, neither do I want to allow any infringement of the 2nd amendment.
Take a look at the "banned list" of assault rifles ". It started with only a few weapons that had a history of being used for bad deeds. By the end of the banned list, it had what a dozen rifles? Some had NEVER been used in a crime, but fit the basic description. It is a LOT easier to add to a banned list, than to start one from scratch and get it past the voters.

In California a muzzle loader with a thumbhole stock is an assault weapon.
Posted By: GonHuntin Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Anyone who thinks they should be banned is blaming the tool, not the user.......
Posted By: Anjin Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Anyone who thinks they should be banned is blaming the tool, not the user.......

Moreover, I've read in recent days that with practice, one can achieve the same result without any added components; e.g., by pressing a rifle against one's hip.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
People are idiots.

And they are bound and determined to prove it.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
It's not hard. The better your trigger the easier it is to do.
There is a feel for it............have buddies that have burned tons of ammo, they can burn a mag often in one go.
Silly.

Not total spray and pray either.

ts different, and as a target/hunter guy.........kinda counter to what we practice. I've tried it a couple times, like 3 over the last 15 yrs.
I think my best run was around 15 shots in a zip.

I'd much rather have a good varmint trigger and a Mountain dew and be more accurate less fast.
Fast hits are better than faster misses.
I have seen people bump fire bone stock semi autos.
So...............where will the lefties go with this "can't increase rate of fire" legislation?
And....................this "we have to do something".............

How in the flying flip is this going to bring back the dead or patch up the wounded?

Reactive.

Next crazy will just do something different. Can't stop 'em. Just punish good people afterward.

Ridiculous.

Liberals are insane..............same as the mass shooters really.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
I'm gunna panic buy a burger for lunch, with all the fixins, before they're outlawed.
Burger? I'm going Gyro.
Increases my rate of fire..............
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
I guess we'll just have to go back to the old fashion way with the thumb in the belt loop.
Originally Posted by Anjin

Moreover, I've read in recent days that with practice, one can achieve the same result without any added components; e.g., by pressing a rifle against one's hip.

Can't aim that way. Irrelevant, though, since even the NFA is unconstitutional, and needs repealing. Anyone willing to disregard the laws against mass murder isn't going to be deterred from obtaining illegal full auto rifles by the threat of Federal imprisonment. If you don't fear that, it's not hard to get them, especially if you're a multi-millionaire.
I'm betting the liberals will consider a normal good trigger of short travel as an accessory that increases rate of fire.........on any gun.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Can't aim that way. Irrelevant, though, since even the NFA is unconstitutional, and needs repealing. Anyone willing to disregard the laws against mass murder isn't going to be deterred from obtaining illegal full auto rifles by the threat of Federal imprisonment.

Esp when those folks can pizz away 100K on a GF's vacation.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Looks like Sen. Feinstein will win Firearms Salesman of the Year this year.
Originally Posted by hookeye
I'm betting the liberals will consider a normal good trigger of short travel as an accessory that increases rate of fire.........on any gun.

This guy's trigger finger is the next thing they need to outlaw.

Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17

Can't aim that way. Irrelevant, though, since even the NFA is unconstitutional, and needs repealing. Anyone willing to disregard the laws against mass murder isn't going to be deterred from obtaining illegal full auto rifles by the threat of Federal imprisonment. If you don't fear that, it's not hard to get them, especially if you're a multi-millionaire.
Hear-hear.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm gunna panic buy a burger for lunch, with all the fixins, before they're outlawed.

You shouldn't just get "A" burger - you should buy all that are available before other people can buy some.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Burger? I'm going Gyro..

Better go to Arby's.........
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Can't imagine most folks don't have all they need stocked up after the last 8 years.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17

I swear, I'm working on the .22 CF alternative, LR variant.

Them what don't handload ought get a .32 flintlock.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Get u some bipods - quick!
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
And do not forget those high capacity magazines-- whatever that is
Originally Posted by Ringman

Good morning, EthanEdwards. Your opinion about the accuracy might apply to some, even most. But not to all. I saw one guy empty a thirty round magazine in about two seconds on a twenty-five yard target and produced a 4" group.

Anyone that needs to be shot 30 times must be a BMF!

The duplex trigger lets you put rwo rounds on target with a single pull and release. Much more practical, I think, and at $400 or so, more affordable. Don't need one of those either, but it's interesting, although I suppose a case could be made (and probably will) that by firing more than one round with a single trigger pull, that it falls under the FCA.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
People are idiots.

You are under stating the matter.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Why would anyone want one anyway?

To make their rifle more inaccurate?

They are welcome to all of those they can scoop up...

Wish I had about 10 right now...
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
How long before they outlaw pockets in pants and belt loops.

As well as having more than 3 bags at a hotel.
Congress needs to outlaw this man's trigger finger.

Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
They should give the maker a medal, not ban them. If he had picked targets, instead of relying on those gimmicky stocks to spray & pray, the body count would have been exponentially higher.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
I panic bought one for my 336.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
He's putting those rounds out at just over 300 rpm, a bit under half the rate of a full auto M16 or M60.

From what I've seen he can achieve pretty much the same rate of fire with a DA revolver...
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Panic Buying - 10/05/17
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Can't imagine most folks don't have all they need stocked up after the last 8 years.

Shhh, my wife might find out.
Posted By: kellory Re: Panic Buying - 10/06/17

Can't aim that way. Irrelevant, though, since even the NFA is unconstitutional, and needs repealing. Anyone willing to disregard the laws against mass murder isn't going to be deterred from obtaining illegal full auto rifles by the threat of Federal imprisonment.

Esp when those folks can pizz away 100K on a GF's vacation.

The 100k was to buy a house.
© 24hourcampfire