Home
Posted By: BarryC Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
A story on Drudge the other day cites a study that pot causes schizophrenics to be more violent. Pretty well squares with my experience being around potheads, crazy or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4950206/Smoking-cannabis-DOES-make-people-violent.html
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
What, you mean to tell me they aren't all mellow hippies and organic environmentally responsible farmers?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BarryC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
You know the derivation of the word "assassin".
Posted By: victoro Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
What's your personal experience with pot? Did it make you violent?
Posted By: BarryC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
It sure made my room mates violent. And some of the knuckleheads I've known.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
So that's what happened to Hillary...
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What, you mean to tell me they aren't all mellow hippies and organic environmentally responsible farmers?

[Linked Image]

That's a Cartel gang killing, not some stoners that killed people....fake news
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
It made my oldest son violent at times. If it had been awhile since his last high he could get extremely violent and it played a role in his suicide.
While it may not effect most people in that way, that [bleep] NOT harmless!
Posted By: persiandog Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
Originally Posted by BarryC
You know the derivation of the word "assassin".

yes , but did you know they were also an Islamic cult ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins
Posted By: Seafire Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
I never had any use for dope whatsoever.....

although many on the campfire have tried to convince me of being wrong...

so far it hasn't worked....

it also turns Lazy Asses into Welfare Collectors...
and then into thieves...

Car alarm goes off in my driveway the other night...

I zip outside and two 20 somethings were running off down the road...

I am sure they were duly employed locally, of course...
Originally Posted by Seafire

and then into thieves...

So the 2 thieves were definitely pot smokers looking to steal your car, not scum that steal cars or break into houses for a living ?...you got all that info while they were running down the road away from you ? smile
Posted By: Gus Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
i didn't personally observe any violence when in the barracks at the hood in '71. lot's of smoke in the air. and other stuff too, mostly pills, and some teaspoons being heated with a lighter before being brought up into a needle for further process.

i doubt that MJ is all that violent compared to other chemicals, drugs, etc. etc. but, on the other hand, we all abhore violence. and we want to do all we can to minimize it, right?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
My wife's friend's daughter is in a jail psych ward due to violence related to weed. The girl does haven't mental issues and the weed did not mellow her out.

Everyone reacts different to drugs and medicines. To say any drug or medicine has no side effects is blissfully ignorant.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
I've seen many many more folk get violent while drinking than smoking up.
Posted By: toad Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/06/17
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I have to agree....

Everyone reacts different to drugs and medicines. To say any drug or medicine has no side effects is blissfully ignorant.

Nobody denied side effects, the discussion was about violence and pot. I've seen a lot of people smoke pot or stoned on weed in my life...and never seen any of them violent.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Refer Madness is still alive and well.
Eighty year old propaganda still working.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
I think the key here is it is referring to schizophrenics. I've never personally seen anyone high on marijuana get violent. The opposite is what I've seen. Mellowed out and lacking any motivation to do anything but sit around and snack. Oh , and get paranoid about all kinds of things. Alcohol on the other hand often brings out the worst in people. I smoked a little way back in high school but I quit due to having no motivation and dragging for days afterwards.
Posted By: add Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
:: inhales and holds, holds, holds ::

:: long exhale ::

"Like man, you won't like when I am angry."
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by toad

I have to agree....

Dude, what were we talking about?
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Dude, where's my car ? smile
Posted By: pal Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
..."Pot CAUSES Violence" Pretty well squares with my experience being around potheads...

Ridiculous.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
More violent than alcohol? Laughable.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

and then into thieves...

So the 2 thieves were definitely pot smokers looking to steal your car, not scum that steal cars or break into houses for a living ?...you got all that info while they were running down the road away from you ? smile

Apparently 'ol Seafire ran them down and questioned the two boys for a few hours.................
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17

Everything that has been said and will be said on this thread about locoweed can be said about alcohol.

And no, don't do pot--never have.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
I've seen a lot more folks want to fight from alcohol. That's just my personal experience. I do think a lot of drugs can be enhancers to whatever a person is feeling at the time,and personality plays a role. I had an uncle that you couldn't stand to be around unless he was drinking. If he was drinking though,he was a nice guy.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

and then into thieves...

Apparently 'ol Seafire ran them down and questioned the two boys for a few hours.................

For real. Only thing this thread is missing is the other idiot from Oregon... no, not Jell0. The other one.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
I seen a lot of people get real mean on tequila.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
I don't buy it, not at all.
In my mis spent youth, in the sixties and seventies, I "experimented" with all kinds of pot and hashish.
It doesn't make you violent, on the contrary it makes you mellow. It makes you want to lay on your ass and eat a pint of Bryer's Rocky Road ice cream.

I played around with pot quite a bit but I am a strong willed guy and would not let some stupid dope take control of my life. About 1984, 1986, I got tired of it and quit smoking. I have always had a productive life, worked 14 years as a Paramedic, during 5 of those years I was smoking pot regularly and believe me, so were my paramedic buddies and lots of RNs at the hospital. I also have built 6 custom log cabins by myself, including the log palace I live in here in the NC mountains. I was not stoned when I got into my log cabin building career, but, if after working for 8 hours building a log cabin, I had sat down and had a joint, who gives a [bleep]? No different than drinking a 6 pack, which I often did during my log cabin career.

By contrast, two of my buddies from the old days of 1970 got on the pot bandwagon and never got off. Charlie and Sam still stay up until 4 am, drinking cheap beer and smoking a joint. Get up at noon and have a joint for breakfast. Haven't done an honest day's work in 30 years.
Charlie is 66 years old and lives in his Dad's basement. Pathetic. Never moved out since high school. And he was the most energetic guy at Chamblee High School, a starting wide end on the football team plus voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in the high school annual. Wasn't smoking pot in high school
Sam has been supported by his wife for 40 years. Potheads.
Sad to see these two guys waste their lives, very sad for me, but they are pot heads and are not violent. Don't have the energy to be violent.

If you want to, you can destroy your life on marijuana, just as my former friends Charlie and Sam have. You also can destroy your life on liquor, or on cocaine if that is what you want.
But don't try to tell me that pot makes you violent, give me a break.
Posted By: Starman Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I had an uncle that you couldn't stand to be around unless he was drinking....

I wonder if he drank because he couldn't stand himself and the convenient means of 'escape' from the self, was through alcohol.

Alcohol seems to give many dutch courage and false security,, indicates to me many in society have self esteem/confidence issues.

of course I also knew people who for yrs tried to escape their problems through compulsive weed consumption,
then also others who tried retail therapy, religion, etc....which can also have a mind altering drug effect resulting in voilence.... grin
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17

Everything that has been said and will be said on this thread about locoweed can be said about alcohol.

And there are ahellovalot of alcohol users/abusers on here who have NO BUSINESS pointing fingers at pot smokers. Alcohol is a much more dangerous, addictive, powerful DRUG than pot.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by Blackheart

And there are ahellovalot of alcohol users/abusers on here who have NO BUSINESS pointing fingers at pot smokers. Alcohol is a much more dangerous, addictive, powerful DRUG than pot.

I'll drink to that smile
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Dude, have you seen my high capacity mag?

Uhh, you said [bleep]!

I did not!

What?

What what?

I don't know.

Oh.

Where's my magazine?

You can't read!

What, it's a big one.

That's what she said!

Hahaha, pass the bong.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

and then into thieves...

For real. Only thing this thread is missing is the other idiot from Oregon... no, not Jell0. The other one.

You mean Spanky??
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Dude........did you say something?
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Dude........did you say something?

Don't make me kick your ass...
Posted By: DMc Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I seen a lot of people get real mean on tequila.

Seen a lot of maidens become vixens on tequila!!!

DMc
Posted By: milespatton Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17

Had a neighbor that was older than me. A Korean war vet, that when drinking Black Jack Daniels, would get into a fight every time. Most times He would start it, just to be fighting. Drinking beer never in a fight, and most other brands of whiskey, but Black Jack would do it. It was also His favorite whiskey. miles
Posted By: rem141r Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
i think the take-away is that pot doesn't always stop schitzo's from going schitzo. and no disrespect to the mentally ill intended.
Originally Posted by pal
..."Pot CAUSES Violence" Pretty well squares with my experience being around potheads...

Ridiculous.

There may be some truth to that....Sativa generally mellows people out, whereas Indica has the opposite effect.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
No, pot causes added stupidity, you have to be stupid to smoke it in the first place, some pot defenders talk a good conservative game, but, deep inside their blood runs yellow dog democrat pure. they're really closet liberals, I've often wonder what else they're closeting.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
When they start getting violent just throw them a bag of Doritos or a pan of brownies.....everything becomes copacetic. I'm not a toker but I get angry when I'm hungry too.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I've never personally seen anyone high on marijuana get violent. The opposite is what I've seen. Mellowed out and lacking any motivation to do anything but sit around and snack.

Article didn't say that the violence necessarily occurs while they are stoned.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Not according to scientific studies.

I bet you believe the "scientific studies" done on climate change.
Posted By: viking Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Don't forget cheap whiskey.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Have never smoked pot or used any other rec drug, and might have a few ounces of wine with friends at dinner a few times a year. So, have zero experience or knowledge from the user/abuser standpoint. But, due to my career and extensive avocational experiences, I have been exposed to tons of user behavior - and have observed carefully while stone sober. Most of the view is not pretty.

It is interesting, almost humorous, to see users/abusers argue about which substance makes folks more mean, or docile, or crazy, or lazy, etc. Users are citing experience gained while somewhat out of their minds - or way out. Being drunk/stoned/weirded cannot be extrapolated to others - these substances affect different people in differing ways and generalization is very weak. It seems that most users/abusers are going there with hope of escape from some real life stuff. Most of the time, the escape appears to be a door to deeper problems.

Some go into rec drug use, realize negatives, decide to quit - and are successful. Some decide to use in moderation and in selected circumstances - if they are truly strong/disciplined folks, they can manage that and be productive. The majority go in and simply waste themselves. The substance of choice does not seem to matter very much.

There are choices to be made in every life - every day. I'm not smart enough to know/understand what others face or to comment on the quality of their decisions. But, I have observed and understand many of the choices that will undermine a life. The specific substance seems to matter very little.
Originally Posted by gunner500
No, pot causes added stupidity, you have to be stupid to smoke it in the first place, some pot defenders talk a good conservative game, but, deep inside their blood runs yellow dog democrat pure. they're really closet liberals, I've often wonder what else they're closeting.

I generally agree with most of what you post but I've got to wonder what smoking pot has to do with ones political perspective....same could be said of tobacco and alcohol by anybody who didn't know better....some thought ole Ben Franklin was smokin dope when he flew his kite...
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17

An anonymous scientific study? With only schizophrenic mental patients as examples? If you spent 30 seconds on google you would see for yourself that alcohol causes more violence in our society than all other illegal drugs combined.
Posted By: viking Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Weed is weed, I hate it. But look at how alcohol effects some people. Most domestics are alcohol related.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol. Anyone who thinks pot is somehow benign isn't being honest.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Dumbest fuggin thing said on this thread so far. I've known a shytload of pot smokers who are very staunchly conservative and plenty of drinkers who are liberal twats to the bone. As I said before, anyone who drinks alcohol has NO BUSINESS berating pot smokers. It's just a matter of what your drug of choice is. If you're a drinker you're just as much a "druggie" as any pot head. If you're a drinker who condemns pot smokers, you're a pathetic, delusional hypocrite. Period.
Posted By: add Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol.

You live in a community heavily comprised of schizophrenics?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
People that live in small communities where a large percentage of the population, family and friends are addicts tend to have a different perspective on the effects of long term pot use if they aren't users and can make a sober assessment of the situation. Same can be said for those in legal and medical fields.

Stoners love to delude themselves into believing there is no harm or adverse effects from their drug of choice, and their favorite tactic is pointing out how much worse alcohol is.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/07/17
Originally Posted by pal

Ridiculous.

some people may have more schizo's in their circle of friends than most. Just sayin
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol.

You live in a community heavily comprised of schizophrenics?

I've lived over half my life in communities where pot use has been very prevalent, chronic, and generational. (Some locals have estimated male use somewhere in the 90th percentile. Female use doesn't seem far off that mark, and it doesn't seem to have the same almost universally negative association in people's minds that alcohol use does during pregnancy.)

Either there is a rather high rate of schizophrenia among some groups, or something triggers it. I know pot exacerbates it sometimes. I have known of many women who were abused for failing to adequately provide for 'their man's' next hit. "Dope over diapers", you know?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
I live in a community where it was recently reported that 40% of a certain demographic's babies tested positive for meth.

Meth and booze.

A similar story made the Great Falls Tribune front page head line last Sunday.

Pot ain't chit, hell the tribe was gonna grow it for sale until they learned the Feds would cut off funding.

Whiskey is probably the worst around here(for anyone) when it comes to fighting.

Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Pot and booze starts a lot of fights in parking lots.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I don't buy it, not at all.

By contrast, two of my buddies from the old days of 1970 got on the pot bandwagon and never got off. Charlie and Sam still stay up until 4 am, drinking cheap beer and smoking a joint. Get up at noon and have a joint for breakfast. Haven't done an honest day's work in 30 years.
Charlie is 66 years old and lives in his Dad's basement. Pathetic. Never moved out since high school. And he was the most energetic guy at Chamblee High School, a starting wide end on the football team plus voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in the high school annual. Wasn't smoking pot in high school
Sam has been supported by his wife for 40 years. Potheads.
Sad to see these two guys waste their lives, very sad for me, but they are pot heads and are not violent. Don't have the energy to be violent.

If you want to, you can destroy your life on marijuana, just as my former friends Charlie and Sam have. You also can destroy your life on liquor, or on cocaine if that is what you want.
But don't try to tell me that pot makes you violent, give me a break.

Simon,

Perhaps the cheap beer until 4am might not be helping the problem? I'd not be laying the blame on just the pot.

I'll agree the pot is probably not making the violent though.
Geno
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Are there daily pot smokers who don't drink?

I imagine there are daily drinkers who don't smoke pot.

I don't know enough about it to know the difference between addiction and self-medication. Or if one follows the other.

I expect there are people who take drugs to take the edge off their own reality. And then become addicted.

And schizophrenics probably have a bad enough reality they want something to take the edge off.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
And firearms CAUSE murder, and alcohol CAUSES drunk driving fatalities, and etc, etc

Laffin'

[bleep] people are [bleep], regardless of intoxicants.

If you happen to live in a place that the pot CAUSES violence, move to a place where humans act decently.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by Backroads
And firearms CAUSE murder, and alcohol CAUSES drunk driving fatalities, and etc, etc

Laffin'

[bleep] people are [bleep], regardless of intoxicants.

If you happen to live in a place that the pot CAUSES violence, move to a place where humans act decently.

Exactly 100% correct...........end of conversation. 😉

ETA....and prohibition works. If it’s made illegal then no more problems and everyone can sleep safe and sound knowing that they are being protected by the government and the power of her laws. 😁
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Are there daily pot smokers who don't drink?

Neither is legally obtained, and weed is easier to import, so yes.

Daily drinkers are generally known by the yeast stains on their teeth. sick

grin
Posted By: Calvin Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
People that live in small communities where a large percentage of the population, family and friends are addicts tend to have a different perspective on the effects of long term pot use if they aren't users and can make a sober assessment of the situation. Same can be said for those in legal and medical fields.

Stoners love to delude themselves into believing there is no harm or adverse effects from their drug of choice, and their favorite tactic is pointing out how much worse alcohol is.

Yes.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by pal

Ridiculous.

some people may have more schizo's in their circle of friends than most. Just sayin
While the study was of schizophrenics, I do not believe the effect is confined to schizophrenics.

Oh, and I just LOVE the "smear the messenger" approach. Perfect example of what all Democrats do when someone says something that threatens their thrill, free schitt or freak.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
I've been around many pot heads throughout the years,,,,,

Not a single one was violent, ever.

In fact it's just the opposite,. people who are high are almost always extremely laid back, lazy.

Burnt out is the term they use.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by pal

Ridiculous.

While the study was of schizophrenics, I do not believe.
Yeah well what you "believe" don't count for shyt. I'll go with my own experience every time. My experience with pot smokers is extensive and disagree's with your belief.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Based on what I see on livepd, pot is a scourge on our society.

Pot smokers are in a way different social circles than I am in.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I've been around many pot heads throughout the years,,,,,

Not a single one was violent, ever.

In fact it's just the opposite,. people who are high are almost always extremely laid back, lazy.

Burnt out is the term they use.
I think the "burn out" is the key. Burn out is depression.
Think of Bobbie Brown. That guy didn't start out depressed, he became depressed from drug use.

And again, the study says the effect does NOT necessarily happen while the user is stoned. It could be weeks since they last indulged. It's an organic change to the brain.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Gotta love it how the guys with the squinty bloodshot eyes can clearly see there are no adverse affects from pot use.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Pot,booze,guns,knives,cell phones,cars,and the internet.

All things that get blamed for being the problem when [bleep] abuse them. A ton of pot users that are worthless but there's a ton that you wouldn't even know smoked pot.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
A ton of pot users that are worthless but there's a ton that you wouldn't even know smoked pot.
Exactly. Fully half of the people I've worked with over the past 40 years were pot smokers. Most were skilled, intelligent, hard working folks.
Posted By: victoro Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Gotta love it how the guys with the squinty bloodshot eyes can clearly see there are no adverse affects from pot use.

Ever had a hangover from alcohol and seen yourself in a mirror the next morning? You don't get hangovers with pot. Are you an nicotine addict? You can go years even decades without using pot and don't miss it at all. I agree 100% that you should never use pot at work or while driving any vehicle and of course kids should use it.. While pot enhances all your senses like sight, taste, touch and hearing you can't maintain a train of thought while high (it also screws up your depth perception). I've never known a pot addict or even a daily user but I've known many alcoholics and nicotine addicts (most are dead now). The alcoholics would sometimes show up at work still drunk and the nicotine addicts would have to take a smoke break every 20-45 minutes. Smoking anything is harmful to your lungs including pot but the few pot smokers I've known didn't smoke 1-3 packs of joints like the nicotine addicts smoke cigarettes do. You can put pot in things like cookies and, brownies but you should only eat one. Some people are stupid and eat too many cookies or brownies but some people regularly drink too much alcohol too. One thing I remember (from 50 years ago) is that when you're high on pot sex is wonderful and it effects women the same way. There some really bad problems caused by pot use. Many alcohol poisoning deaths occur when someone is high on pot throw doesn't up like you normally would when you drink too much alcohol. This is a good thing for people who are taking chemotherapy. Smoking pot might also cause you to start smoking cigarettes. I don't use pot because it is illegal and if it was I wouldn't smoke it but I wish pot was legal and nicotine wasn't.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17

I thought the thread was about pot & violence, then the narrative got changed to adverse/side effects of the drug community in general....by guys like you.

I contend that pot doesn't make you more violent, unless you're a schizophrenic that was in an "unnamed" study without solid references or scientific data.

Are there other potential pitfalls and problems with the abuse and drug lifestyle to the surrounding community ?, of course there are...just like a local bar, and adult book store, or medical doctors handing out "legal" Oxi prescriptions in Florida.
These pot threads are always good for a laugh....I'm gonna chime in one more time...drugs are drugs....not everybody reacts the same to drugs...take these ADHD kids...they are prescribed various forms of "speed" which actually calm them down..If YOU take one of their meds, likely you'll have a reaction like you've taken a couple cross tops....I've known people who after one beer start getting belligerent....EVERY TIME THEY START DRINKING...and after three or four, they're looking to start a fight...alcohol doesn't effect/affect everybody the same...neither does pot...sure, there are GENERALITIES that are fairly accurate, but one suit very seldom "fits all" when you're talking about drugs...some people should never drink...some people should never smoke weed...weed can be abused, as can alcohol or any other drug...it's really as simple as that...

Me??? I occasionally drink and occasionally smoke...sometimes both...I never get violent and usually manage to get one of my bucket list chores done in the process...Like Clint Eastwood once said (or was it John Wayne??) grin..."a man's gotta know his limitations"....
Posted By: GanjaFarmer Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
A story on Drudge the other day cites a study that pot causes schizophrenics to be more violent. Pretty well squares with my experience being around potheads, crazy or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4950206/Smoking-cannabis-DOES-make-people-violent.html

^^RETARD ALERT^^
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by GanjaFarmer

^^RETARD ALERT^^

Ain't that tha truth, Dave!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17

and then into thieves...

GFY, along with Big Fish and a couple more other Morons who troll this site..

You philosophize your canned responses to anything I post, from living hundreds if not thousands
of miles away from this county.

Its easy to figure out they are drug users....who use dope, meth, heroin and anything else they can
get their hands on...just follow the local police daily records...already had one car stolen by stoners
and totaled....within the last 6 months..

its a major chronic problem county wide...of course your [bleep] wouldn't know that living in Seattle
or whatever liberal schitthole you dwell in.....

a county of 70,000 people.... with over 3000 "legalized" pot grows in it..
not to mention the chronic epidemic of meth users and heroin users... what could go wrong?
I am sure they are ALL stellar citizens...

Must be conservative rich California transplants who are out stealing cars at 10:30 PM
just for the kicks... so they can buy some more Wine to get high...

You Urban dwellers are the friggin Morons...

and yeah Pot does cause violence....

it makes decent non drug using people want to beat dopers friggin brains in...
and leave 'em laying in the middle of the road to get ran over, like some squirrel or old lady's cat.

Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
These pot threads are always good for a laugh....I'm gonna chime in one more time...drugs are drugs....not everybody reacts the same to drugs...take these ADHD kids...they are prescribed various forms of "speed" which actually calm them down..If YOU take one of their meds, likely you'll have a reaction like you've taken a couple cross tops....I've known people who after one beer start getting belligerent....EVERY TIME THEY START DRINKING...and after three or four, they're looking to start a fight...alcohol doesn't effect/affect everybody the same...neither does pot...sure, there are GENERALITIES that are fairly accurate, but one suit very seldom "fits all" when you're talking about drugs...some people should never drink...some people should never smoke weed...weed can be abused, as can alcohol or any other drug...it's really as simple as that...

Me??? I occasionally drink and occasionally smoke...sometimes both...I never get violent and usually manage to get one of my bucket list chores done in the process...Like Clint Eastwood once said (or was it John Wayne??) grin..."a man's gotta know his limitations"....

As with just about all things, moderation is key.

Establishments don't lose their licenses for too much moderation.

and then into thieves...

You philosophize your canned responses to anything I post, from living hundreds if not thousands

Its easy to figure out they are drug users....who use dope, meth, heroin and anything else they can
get their hands on...just follow the local police daily records...already had one car stolen by stoners

its a major chronic problem county wide...of course your [bleep] wouldn't know that living in Seattle

not to mention the chronic epidemic of meth users and heroin users... what could go wrong?

Must be conservative rich California transplants who are out stealing cars at 10:30 PM

and leave 'em laying in the middle of the road to get ran over, like some squirrel or old lady's cat.

Why the fugg is your whiny bitch ass sending me PMs? You on the rag again (rhetorical- not even women bleed as long as you)? That's Sycamore level schit right there (and I didn't read his hers either). Still bent out of shape about Ganja?

and then into thieves...

Why the fugg is your whiny bitch ass sending me PMs? You on the rag again (rhetorical- not even women bleed as long as you)? That's Sycamore level schit right there (and I didn't read his hers either). Still bent out of shape about Ganja?

Bwahahahaha!! It's like Seafart got fistfugcked by Dave!! I bet that was bloody.
Hey Travis... how's life in Montana this morning?

and then into thieves...

Bwahahahaha!! It's like Seafart got fistfugcked by Dave!! I bet that was bloody.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so spot on, Clark. Ain't no tampon that can plug that flow.

I mean honest to god. You have achieved Suckamore level of vagina hurt. Didn't think it possible. Hurt so bad you sent me a PM. Just like Suckamore.
Laugh it up jerkoff....

all 300 lbs of ya, living in Mom's basement etc...

being called a Moron by a Real Moron, isn't really much of an insult...

especially by a ShidtCargo schittbird, living in a liberal sinkhole like Metro Seattle..

betcha you're a customer service rep, at Nintendo...and list that as a "computer professional"...

but hey, you and Ganga can jerk each other off all day....

I have better things to do that watch a pair of sock puppets stroke each other...

Don't know, ask Clark. There's multiple members here with access to this screenname. This one's coming from the ATL.

How heavy is your rag today? I'll step out on a limb here:

[Linked Image]
Laugh it up jerkoff....

especially by a ShidtCargo schittbird, living in a liberal sinkhole like Metro Seattle..

betcha you're a customer service rep, at Nintendo...and list that as a "computer professional"...

I have better things to do that watch a pair of sock puppets stroke each other...

I guess "better things to do" means "talk about my vagina hurting on the internet." Carry on!

I mean honest to god. You have achieved Suckamore level of vagina hurt. Didn't think it possible. Hurt so bad you sent me a PM. Just like Suckamore.

actually Sweetpea...

you have an open invitation to drop down for a visit....

maybe you, me and Roy can engage in "Meaningful Conversation"

We can take you around and you could look for a place to open your own pot farm..

I mean, you being a big time Seattle area High Tech Upper Level Executive and all...
you probably always looking for high yield investments...

if mom will loan you the keys to her Kia...

Don't know, ask Clark. There's multiple members here with access to this screenname. This one's coming from the ATL.

How heavy is your rag today? I'll step out on a limb here:

[Linked Image]

geee Trav....

I figured you for a little bit better on the insults...

and I know you're not slipping... so some other person must have hacked your ganga account...

maybe fishdick is using his "computer skills" and having a conversation with himself...

waiting for his burrito to be done in the microwave...

actually Sweetpea...

you have an open invitation to drop down for a visit....

maybe you, me and Roy can engage in "Meaningful Conversation"

We can take you around and you could look for a place to open your own pot farm..

I mean, you being a big time Seattle area High Tech Upper Level Executive and all...
you probably always looking for high yield investments...

if mom will loan you the keys to her Kia...

Boy you just can't stop with your "better things to do," can you?

Judging by your definition of "better things to do" I take it "Meaningful Conversation" means you and Roy going all Deliverance on my 300lb Nintendo ass in the back of mom's Kia.

And considering OR is so obviously full of retards like you I think I'll pass. No rain check either. But thanks for the flattery.

Hey, don't you have better things to do you big, bad man you? Or are you going to send me another PM? What'd the last one say? Lemme guess, solicitation for gay sex with you and home boy Roy?
Laugh it up jerkoff....

I guess "better things to do" means "talk about my vagina hurting on the internet." Carry on!

Keep guessing fishdick....

that "ding" you just heard means your burrito in the microwave is done.....

I'm sure most of the exercise you get is from your computer to the microwave and back...

Mom going to loan you the keys to the Kia Rio, so you can drop down here for a visit...

you could meet me and Fireball and then stop by and blow Jeff O on the way back home to BotHell.
Laugh it up jerkoff....

Man it's been so long since you said you'd quit watching "a pair of sock puppets stroke each other," that I thought I'd remind you you had "better things to do." How's boy toy Roy? Or are you his boy toy? I don't know how those queer things work.
Laugh it up jerkoff....

Keep guessing fishdick....

that "ding" you just heard means your burrito in the microwave is done.....

I'm sure most of the exercise you get is from your computer to the microwave and back...

Mom going to loan you the keys to the Kia Rio, so you can drop down here for a visit...

you could meet me and Fireball and then stop by and blow Jeff O on the way back home to BotHell.

But you said you had better things to do. Like blow Jeff from the sound of it (honest to god who thinks of chit like that?). Instead of arguing with sock puppets on the internet.

I contend that pot doesn't make you more violent, unless you're a schizophrenic that was in an "unnamed" study without solid references or scientific data.

Not exactly "unnamed", it is quite easy to find. You could even call the study's main researcher and ask questions, if you can stand to have your narrative destroyed. smile

A recent meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies demonstrated that chronic cannabis users have deficits in the prefrontal cortex, a part of the brain that inhibits impulsive behaviour.

...the association between persistent cannabis use and violence is stronger than that associated with alcohol or cocaine.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171006164855.htm
Actually we Oregon "Retard" hicks just want the opportunity to meet some big time
Seattle "Mover and Shaker" such as yourself...

I bet they would love your mom's Rio out in Cave Junction...

CJ would be your type of town...

and if you are looking for gay sex like the average Seattlite that comes down this way
CJ will have more to accommodate you than BotHell would...

along with plenty of dope... although we have to make sure you didn't get buttbreeded out there..

I'd hate to see someone out there, do you and then put your 300 lb ass in the trunk of Mom's Kia...

Roy and I would be happy to take it by the post office and let them Mail it back to mom...

A Kia Rio should run more than a couple of bucks in Postage....

We can get it passed as one of those flat rate boxes...

But Mom would have to pry your fattass out of the trunk.....

I heard another ding... guess your hot pocket is done in the microwave now...

better get it before it gets cold...
Laugh it up jerkoff....

Man it's been so long since you said you'd quit watching "a pair of sock puppets stroke each other," that I thought I'd remind you you had "better things to do." How's boy toy Roy? Or are you his boy toy? I don't know how those queer things work.

Trying to play dumb and 'protect' your stellar reputation?

kinda funny statement from someone sitting on his mom's [bleep] and sucking on his hot dog..
in front of his keyboard...

keeping working it fishdick....
Laugh it up jerkoff....

kinda funny statement from someone sitting on his mom's [bleep] and sucking on his hot dog..

Seafire, why do these potheads get so upset? LOL! laugh Makes me think they have "deficits in the prefrontal cortex". laugh laugh
Barry,

these zeros like to think they are real bad asses because they live on the internet.....

I really think most of them are fugged in the head, long before they started sucking on their bong..

Bong or schlong, as long as they have either/or to suck on... they are on a high...

but hey, the internet gives them the platform to be Ninjas, from the comfort of mom's basement
instead of having to go down to the Mall...

I'm sure most of these clowns like Fishdick, don't have a prefrontal cortex.... never saw a prefrontal cortex
on a ciderblock...which I am sure is what occupies the upper recesses of his fathead...
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
An UBER driver who specialized in driving people from the internet to other internet people's locations so they could fight could make a hell of a living.

He might even need to buy a bus.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by Bristoe
An UBER driver who specialized in driving people from the internet to other internet people's locations so they could fight could make a hell of a living.

i'm thinking a lot of folks might get their ass handed to them if that happened.

I have no idea why you're flipping out on me, but the thread was about pot causing violence ?....no you're on meth and heroin.

1) My point was how do you know the 2 car thieves were smoking weed if you didn't ask them ?
2) If they were smoking weed prior to being in your driveway, I'd say they didn't get violent if they ran away.

Relax, it's Sunday morning.
Laugh it up jerkoff....

Man, funny how words on the internet can get your vagina so worked up that you send me a PM. Also, I thought you had better things to do?

Wasn't it you that got into some spat with someone from MT and you turned out to be a total bitch about it?

If I had to choose between you and fireball for biggest drama queen... it'd be a tie. But if you keep responding you might win!

See you at Red Robin!

I have no idea why you're flipping out on me, but the thread was about pot causing violence ?....no you're on meth and heroin.

1) My point was how do you know the 2 car thieves were smoking weed if you didn't ask them ?
2) If they were smoking weed prior to being in your driveway, I'd say they didn't get violent if they ran away.

Better be careful or Seafart will send you a PM... or worse- invite you down to enjoy his and Roy's company.

I'd bet any amount of money he responds in a condescending manner using exactly zero logic with equal amounts of fact. I imagine him at the keyboard hacking away and cursing up a storm because he's out of tampons and doesn't want to go to the store because someone *might* impugn his integrity on THE INTERNET while he's away. I'm pretty sure he was abused as a child.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
This thread proves it's true, pot does cause violence. Or at least invitations for it.

Or is it just another day on the 'campfire?

Yeah,.......hit the bong a time or two. You're starting to sound violent.

Better be careful or Seafart will send you a PM... or worse- invite you down to enjoy his and Roy's company.

I'd bet any amount of money he responds in a condescending manner using exactly zero logic with equal amounts of fact. I imagine him at the keyboard hacking away and cursing up a storm because he's out of tampons and doesn't want to go to the store because someone *might* impugn his integrity on THE INTERNET while he's away. I'm pretty sure he was abused as a child.

Lol,
Sounds like he's in the right state for a Medical card, smoke a bowl or something...geezuz
Originally Posted by smokepole
This thread proves it's true, pot does cause violence. Or at least invitations for it. Check

Or is it just another day on the 'campfire? And check. Seafart is in full drama queen mode and can't stop himself. It is AWESOME.

Lol,
Sounds like he's in the right state for a Medical card, smoke a bowl or something...geezuz

Seriously. I always enjoy these threads and watching him and fireball totally lose their chit. You know you've done got 'em good when they send you a PM.
"I don't smoke pot because it makes people violent!! In fact, I whup every pot smoker I see half to death with a baseball bat!! If there's one thing I can't stand it's violent people!!"

Lol,

Seriously. I always enjoy these threads and watching him and fireball totally lose their chit. You know you've done got 'em good when they send you a PM.

Pot and Playboy...1 makes you violent, and the other caused the ruination of marriage and family.

The things you learn in a day on the Fire smile
I was watching an episode the other day on the TV.

Pot, grifa, ganja, pacalolo, MJ, weed, grass, whatever name you wish to call it was introduced by ancient

ALIENS!!!!

or maybe it was a Ruskie communist plot back in the 60's, along with the cinnamon toothpicks the nuns warned us about.

Whoever it was, it was an intentional act meant to destroy western civilization, such as it is.

Geno

PS or maybe it was black jazz musicians?

PPS by the tone this thread has taken it appears to have been an effective tactic. shocked
Cinnamon toothpicks, I forgot all about those things Geno...came in a wax paper envelope smile

Ooops I'd better stop, forgot that I'm a troll...lol
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Don't worry be happy. grin
these guys sound really violent:

Geno
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Threads like this always remind me of talking to liberals about gun control. Lots of emotion and next to zero facts or experience
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I was watching an episode the other day on the TV.

Pot, grifa, ganja, pacalolo, MJ, weed, grass, whatever name you wish to call it was introduced by ancient

ALIENS!!!!

Ha!!! One evening about a month and a half ago, I sat down outside with a joint, a twelve pack of beer, and some good tunes playing, with the intention of clearing my head of all the political and social bullschitt that had been going on...a couple hours, half a joint and maybe eight beers in, I started pondering the possibility we've been visited and came to the conclusion that we probably have...maybe not by living creatures but probably by a form of artificial intelligence/robotics created by them to explore the universe....think about it....as far as I know, most descriptions of aliens are pretty similar.. big black glassy eyes...no genitals and no speech (which makes sense because they'd be communicating amongst themselves via radio waves or some other form of electronic communication)...the descriptions I've read about them, seem to portray them as non-threatening in appearance, with no fangs, horns, weird lizard eyes etc. etc....I don't know if the obstacles of space travel (time, distance, radiation, weightlessness etc.) will ever be overcome, but who knows??? cool I'm almost positive that before we send crews of astronauts towards other parts of the Milky Way, we'll be sending our proxies with AI out first....probably in a likeness of the human form....
Posted By: The_Big_D Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
This idea is one of the silliest I have ever heard. Never met someone that weed made more aggressive or violent, but I think its possible some people who tend to be aggressive may use weed to help themselves chill a bit.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/08/17
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Threads like this always remind me of talking to liberals about gun control. Lots of emotion and next to zero facts or experience

Or talking to a woman!
Posted By: Northman Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/09/17
Should ban alcohol.. That would end violence all over.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/09/17

I have to agree....

I have spent my entire adult life in law enforcement and security, both military and civilian. This would be my observation and opinion as well.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I generally agree with most of what you post but I've got to wonder what smoking pot has to do with ones political perspective....same could be said of tobacco and alcohol by anybody who didn't know better....some thought ole Ben Franklin was smokin dope when he flew his kite...

liberals-----democrats will try anything, ie drug use, orgies, ass sex, no moral scope, etc etc, Conservatives not so much, I know no alcoholics, but, the most intelligent people I have ever known are social drinkers, I take a nip of scotch from time to time for the bitters, same with my black coffee and tea, I like bitters, hate most sweets, can also drink beer till the sun comes up at a poker table with barely a buzz, have never drank for the crutch effect.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
BarryC: I don't need to read your linked to article and won't.
I dealt with "pot-heads" professionally for going on 30 years!
"Pot" as you call it does different things to different folks - NONE of those things are any good what so ever to that "pothead" or to society!
PERIOD!
Anyone that thinks it does good is an idiot or a "pothead" themselves!
Most ALL "potheads" also use other (both prescribed and illegal) drugs which leads to even MORE irrational and abhorrent behavior.
Slovenliness, laziness, anti-social and criminal behavior are ALL side effects of habitual "pot" use!
"Pot" may or may not be "addictive" - that really doesn't matter - people who use "pot" habitually are diminished and prone to abuse and addiction of/to other even worse drugs.
Sad facts these - worst thing a parent can allow is a child going towards use of "pot", prescribed behavioral drugs and/or illegal drugs!
NOTHING good will come from use of the above described items.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Don't forget poor hygiene VG, dopeheads are too damn lazy to bathe. sick stinking bong water swilling fuggers.
Posted By: victoro Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
"Pot" as you call it does different things to different folks - NONE of those things are any good what so ever to that "pothead" or to society!
PERIOD!
Most ALL "potheads" also use other (both prescribed and illegal) drugs which leads to even MORE irrational and abhorrent behavior.
Slovenliness, laziness, anti-social and criminal behavior are ALL side effects of habitual "pot" use!
"Pot" may or may not be "addictive" - that really doesn't matter - people who use "pot" habitually are diminished and prone to abuse and addiction of/to other even worse drugs.
Sad facts these - worst thing a parent can allow is a child going towards use of "pot", prescribed behavioral drugs and/or illegal drugs!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Substitute the word "alcohol" or "alcoholic" everywhere you used the word "pot" or "pothead" and the results will be the same.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Weed causing crime is a joke. .
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by fishnpbr

I have to agree....

I have spent my entire adult life in law enforcement and security, both military and civilian. This would be my observation and opinion as well.

Thank you for your service and open opinion.

If anyone thinks pot is worse than alcohol for society, you're either in denial or ignorant (both?).
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Smoking weed or POT causes ZERO criminal behavior. You ignorant phuque . Go write about Cobras in a snowstorm doing doughnuts.

Do you consider child neglect criminal behavior? Of course it couldn't possibly be the weed that results in kids showing up to school unfed in urine soaked pajamas, that's just bad parenting.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Sounds like poverty to me.

Those dry villages don’t have those problems now do they? What about the “wet” villages? The unfed, urine soaked yutes in the wet villages is that also the result of pot?.....nope the underlying factors are poverty and alcohol abuse. Alcohol is implicated in much of the molesting, incest and rape not to mention physical assault and theft. Human nature being what it is there’s always going to be extremes in a free society. Look at Paddock, do we outlaw guns, BFS, scopes, rangefinders, hotels and outdoor concerts?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
It's not poverty when you sit around all day and smoke weed. Fill the bong with weed, or fill the cupboards with food? Spend all day stoned, or work all day?

I'm simply countering the claim that smoking weed causes zero criminal behavior. And lets forget the alcohol comment, we're discussing weed.

While I personally enjoy a beer or glass of wine with the occasional meal and haven't been drunk in over a decade, that doesn't mean I'm blind to the social cost of drunks. Why can't those that choose to smoke weed accept that there are negative societal costs, including crime associate with their drug of choice? If you don't want to know about the downsides, figure out why not.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Thanks for the idea! I was thinking about retiring early and taking on a half-azz part time job. That sounds perfect. I'd get to see the country AND be entertained, all in one bundle.
Posted By: victoro Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/10/17
"It's not poverty when you sit around all day and smoke weed. Fill the bong with weed, or fill the cupboards with food? Spend all day stoned, or work all day?"

Must be your friends. I don't know anybody that has ever done that, all my friend have always worked. All the homeless bums around here are addicted to alcohol and nicotine.

"Fill the bong with weed, or fill the cupboards with food?"

Can't have both. If you smoked pot all day you'd eat all the food.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/11/17
Another myth.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Pot CAUSES Violence - 10/11/17
I think pot use and a mental disorder would cause folk to debate it on a thread over and over again.
© 24hourcampfire