Home
http://www.medhelp.org/heart-disease/articles/Can-Excessive-Endurance-Exercise-Damage-Your-Heart/423
I’m in no danger!!
Anything to excess can be bad.
I'm good for a brisk 5 mile hike in the hills but as for running, a dash to the fridge is my limit.
Still, 1 million times more people rust out than wear out.
That is why I gave it up ... in favor of Scotch.

“The key to long life? Many centenarians swear by Scotch as the key to their longevity, at the end of last year, the UK’s oldest woman, Grace Jones, who is 110, declared: “Whisky is very good for you. “I started having a nightly tot of it when I turned 50, so I’ve been having it every night for the last 60 years and I certainly have no intention of stopping now. “My doctor said ‘keep up with the whisky Grace, it’s good for your heart’.”

If it’s good enough for Grace ... it’s good enough for me.

See:

http://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/health-benefits-drinking-scotch-whisky-moderation/
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care or myself! laugh
Originally Posted by hatari
Still, 1 million times more peple rust out than wear out.

Amen to that!

I'd rather go standing up than sitting on my asss... weighing 400lbs, smoking and watching TV.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care or myself! laugh

No kidding! I'm damn near worn out now, half-way through! Nobody told me I'd live near this long! In fact, I heard how I was gonna get myself dead in a hurry so much when I was younger, that I must have planned on it!
Then I'll live till 100...
given that everybody goes, sooner or later, maybe the Fates will be gentle upon us.

a lot of folks thinks it's all in our hands, more or less. and the science agrees.

but, on the other hand, why have religion, God's will & the Fates?
Originally Posted by hatari
Still, 1 million times more people rust out than wear out.

One of my dads favorites.
"I'm tough as nails, you can tell by the rust stains in my skivvies!"
I hurt,,,,,,,

All over.....
Originally Posted by Gus
given that everybody goes, sooner or later,

It appears that is not correct Gus, By Cross's thread it appears that Greg will live on forever in Squirrelnuts head.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I hurt,,,,,,,

All over.....

At 300 years old you should bud............Think you got it bad? think about Moses..........
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I hurt,,,,,,,

All over.....

At 300 years old you should bud............Think you got it bad? think about Moses..........

Or ingwe!

Even!
I hurt,,,,,,,

All over.....

Or ingwe!

Even!

You have a fine point, I'll bet the reason Ingwe doesn't post much any more is the stubs that used to be fingers hurt to much......poor Ingwe.
At 77 I have a rule regarding exercise!

I take a nap if that thought occurs!!
I hurt,,,,,,,

All over.....

Genesis says he died at 120. Do you know what the last thing was that the Bible said about his death?
"...and his natural force was not abated." At 120, he could still function in bed.
I'm starting to suspect that nobody gets out of here alive.
I have heard, the easy chair kills more than the autos.
I think overdoing anything can be harmful. In the case of the old Scottish lady I think good genes and moderate living might have contributed greatly to her longevity. Just a guess.
All the damn ‘Hammerheads’ out running and biking are doing is conditioning themselves for an additional stay of 18 months in a frigging nursing home!
Originally Posted by rainshot
I think overdoing anything can be harmful.

Does this mean I'll be going blind?
That's why I don't severely exercise
I’m gonna have some healthy beer tonight.

Just do it til you need glasses! I did!

Just do it til you need glasses! I did!

I've had glasses since I was 5. grin
© 24hourcampfire