Home
Posted By: HilhamHawk Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
I was pretty curious, so, since today was the big day, I went to Arby's and sprung for one of these. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The slab on my sandwich was at LEAST an inch thick, and was nice & tender. All in all, it was a right tasty sandwich, although I won't say it was the best I ever had................. grin
Posted By: Bald1 Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Curious... what did they charge for it?
Posted By: kellory Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Thanks for the reminder. I've been waiting to try one. Local store is a couple miles away, but might just be lunch tomorrow.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Today is the opener of our deer hunt. How's that for irony?
Posted By: edk Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
I am gonna take a guess and say no sandwich you can get from Arby's would be the best ever. Ed k
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Originally Posted by Bald1

$7 for just the sandwich, or $9 for the meal. Limit 2 per customer. It was big enough that one was plenty for me.
Originally Posted by edk
I am gonna take a guess and say no sandwich you can get from Arby's would be the best ever. Ed k

Not according to some around here.............. wink
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Just finished one, pretty good. Only available today, according to the sign.
That's pretty cool. Arby's is pretty good around here.
Fast food and deer just doesn’t go together, it reminds me of roadkilll, drive thru deer sandwich. 😬
Posted By: CraigD Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Just back from Arby's - my venison sandwich was outstanding - super tender and great flavor. The one I brought home for the wife was tougher than boiled owl! Luck of the draw... She said it tasted good but couldn't hardly get a bite. It is going into an omelet tomorrow.
I heard it is imitation deer meat.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I heard it is imitation deer meat.

That is simply incorrect. Farm raised New Zealand venison.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
I havent ate deer meat in a long time, donate my kills to the meat locker on ft campbell. I'm not ashamed to admit I hunt for antlers and what I let walk others will whack in a heartbeat. I cant begin to imagine eating a fast food venison burger⚛, let alone wondering what and where the source is for this amount of venison nationwide🤔. I will spend my 7 bucks on a foot long cold cut combo from subway at least I got some sort idea of what is in that of my own doing.
If you saw your “cold cuts” being squirted out the business end of a slime pusher you probably wouldn’t care about the lips and fingers that went into the salami. 😂
Originally Posted by renegade50
I havent ate deer meat in a long time, donate my kills to the meat locker on ft campbell. I'm not ashamed to admit I hunt for antlers and what I let walk others will whack in a heartbeat. I cant begin to imagine eating a fast food venison burger⚛, let alone wondering what and where the source is for this amount of venison nationwide🤔. I will spend my 7 bucks on a foot long cold cut combo from subway at least I got some sort idea of what is in that of my own doing.

To each his own, but these are not burger, or processed meat. They are cut slabs of actual deer steak, and were procured over the last year from New Zealand deer farms. The slab on my sandwich was at LEAST an inch thick of full grained venison, not one of their typical "processed" meats.
Posted By: colodog Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
I was curious and ordered two at lunch today, one was plenty!

About an inch thick, tasty and tender.

A slab of steak sandwich that wasn't over cooked or over seasoned, yummy and for $7 each!

I'll have my leftover steak with taters and gravy tonight.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If you saw your “cold cuts” being squirted out the business end of a slime pusher you probably wouldn’t care about the lips and fingers that went into the salami. 😂

Ya i know😃 processed meats are great!!!!
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by renegade50

To each his own, but these are not burger, or processed meat. They are cut slabs of actual deer steak, and were procured over the last year from New Zealand deer farms. The slab on my sandwich was at LEAST an inch thick of full grained venison, not one of their typical "processed" meats.

Yummy!!!! Just messing with ya man😁
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by Bald1

$7 for just the sandwich, or $9 for the meal. Limit 2 per customer. It was big enough that one was plenty for me.

+1

Supposedly it was Red deer from New Zealand. Good sized slab of meat cooked medium rare and very tender.
Posted By: kellory Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
Thanks to your timely warning, I just ate the last venison burger in the columbus Ohio area. (I had them call around to every store looking for more). It was tasty, though the wife thought it a little dry. The were a very BIG seller, and there are no more coming anytime soon. They did not expect the turnout it received. In fact, I ordered 3 at the drive-thru and by the time I got to the window, they could only deliver one. (The last one). The manager did comp a replacement sandwich.
News flash, it could be next year before Arby's imports any more venison sandwiches.
Just something about a medium rare precooked then reheated deer steak from new Zealand that dont seem right to me. Jmo guys ,,,,,but when a bunch of people nationwide tomorrow morning are recreating the turbo lax scene from the movie "dumb and dumber" = 7 bucks well spent😩
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/21/17
I had one for lunch today, not bad although I could have been happier without the sauce that dripped all over the place. The store manager told me that they only got 100 pieces of venison with which to make the sandwiches and when that was gone the offer was over. Thought about getting one to go for tomorrow but the $7.00 was a bit much. My BIL and his son already have three deer in the freezer and I can have as much of that as I want. I have the makings of some sausage in the fridge marinating, it'll go in the smoker tomorrow. 3-4 hrs. of alderwood smoking then finish in the oven for 1/2 hr. of so at 250 degrees.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/22/17
Have one north and south along highway, by 2 pm they were almost sold out.
One on west side.........by 2pm, had only sold 30 out of the 100 they were allotted.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/22/17
Ok - it's an elk steak sandwich...
Posted By: smarquez Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/22/17
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

butt holes and nostrils too.
Posted By: jac3k Re: Arby's Venison Sandwich - 10/22/17
I ate two of em. I thought they were good.
© 24hourcampfire