Home
Posted By: wabigoon The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
So, who do you pull for, Wile E, or the roadrunner?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Beep...Beep
Wile E.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Both.

If the coyote ever caught the bird.....it would be all over.

My favorites are the catapults he comes up with.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by stxhunter

LMAO
The Coyote, of course!
Always rooted for the song dog.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
A classmate worked at Warner Brothers, would meet Chuck Jones in the hallways, said Chuck told him, "We weren't writing the cartoons for kids, we were having fun",
Posted By: las Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Dangerous post. Rick chewed our butts the last time we discussed cartoons.... smile
Always rooted for the under dog. He sure is a tough rascal!!!!!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
I actually like the two Wile Coyote cartoons that don't involve the roadrunner the best. The first one is the one where the coyote and the sheepdog clock in. Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog. The other involve bugs bunny and the coyote is "Wile Coyote.....super genius"
Posted By: horse1 Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Yeah Harry I saw this one. It's where the coyote strapped his ass to an Acme rocket.................

Rockhound gets me with that one every time.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Both.

If the coyote ever caught the bird.....it would be all over.

My favorites are the catapults he comes up with.

Not to mention that he's Acme's best customer.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Wile E.

You weren't rootin' for wil'e the last time you visited!
Acme!
Posted By: Pugs Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Acme!

A fine American corporation! grinYou can peruse their catalog @ ACME Corp Catalog
Posted By: hanco Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Coyotes
Posted By: JamesJr Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
We don't have roadrunners around these parts, but we do have coyotes. It's hard for me to pull for a coyote in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Those old cartoons were fun though, I really enjoyed them. However, my favorites were Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn, and the real old cartoons from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.
Some of the Bugs Bunny cartoons with Elmer Fudd hunting rabbits got pretty good. One, though, would have been banned for sure these days. It was a black guy, barefoot and pants held up by a rope over one shoulder. He was holding a shotgun by the muzzle and dragging it behind him as he slouched along. He was singing a drawling "gonna get me a ra-a-a-a-bit". Shall we say sterotyping?
Posted By: colvin Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
I second 1911a1 , I love the bugs bunny wile -e one . I actually have a wile-e and a roadrunner tattoo on my back...and Marvin the Martian and Yosemite Sam on my upper arms..
speaking of warner bros cartoons, speedy gonzalas... I don't think you'll see that little stereotype on tv anymore. lmao!

actually, thinking back I recall a lot of racial stereotypes cast in our saturday morning cartoons. Including moronic white hillbillies and doofus plump whitey hunter "elmer fud".
Posted By: achadwick Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
I always figured Elmer Fudd was a spoof of Elmer Keith. JMHO
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
youcan still find all those old toons on youtube.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Beep! Beep!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by achadwick
I always figured Elmer Fudd was a spoof of Elmer Keith. JMHO

Nah, Fudd didn't use a big enough gun.
Posted By: AMRA Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Wile E
Posted By: Spud Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Don' t care for 'em, gotta have dialogue. Especially like Daffy D. and his large vocabulary. Example: "Why the copious flow of lacrimal fluid....?" Only Daffy'd say that.

afterthought: all time favorite: Tijuana Toads
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Taz was my hero!
Wabigoon: I really didn't root for either side - i just enjoyed watching them (when I was young!) and hoping they would both do more and more crazy things.
I was seldom disappointed in them.
I always enjoyed Wiley Coyote opening the crates from Acme "works" and seeing what crazy contraption he would try to use to bring Roadrunner to bag!
Are they still on T.V. somewhere?
I need a break from pelosi, mcCain, corker, boxer, williams and the rest of the anti-Americans.
A good hour of Roadrunner Cartoons would probably do me some good.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Now, I would vote for the roadrunner. They come into the yard everyday to get a drink and peek around stuff.

This summer, had some quail in the yard, with chicks, and a roadrunner came in for a drink. Mama quail was not having that and chased the sucker around the yard for about 2 minutes.
Neutral on the coyote vs. the bird, but when I was a kid Wile E's long fall off of a cliff out of sight followed by the delayed impact was about the funniest thing I had ever seen. The old Tom and Jerry cartoons were also pretty violent i.e. funny as hell, always loved to see Tom get hit with a frying pan so hard it molded to his face. The Simpson's "Itchy and Scratchy" had to have been modeled after Tom and Jerry.

The 40's and 50's cartoons with the original cell by cell drawings were the highlight of the art. Sometime along in the 60's or even late 50's they started cutting corners on the animation and then later trying to tone down the ultra-violence, which made them a lot less funny.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Roadrunner Cartoons? - 10/24/17
Ol' Wile E!

What can I say....I'm a softy.
© 24hourcampfire