Home
Even some business too. It'll be interesting to hear about the ratings in a few days.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-be-focus-for-many-fans-this-sunday.html
Ignoring the whole circus from now on sends a crystal clear message.
NF who?
Haven't watched a single game all year. Not going to start now.
I doubt there will be much difference at this point. I'm thinking the people that don't want to watch already have made the decision, and the people that do aren't going to care about honoring veterans over watching their favorite sport.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I doubt there will be much difference at this point. I'm thinking the people that don't want to watch already have made the decision, and the people that do aren't going to care about honoring veterans over watching their favorite sport.

Sorry, you're wrong. I know of 25 family members that are avid fans that will be doing something else.
Sadly, I know vets that are pissed off about the whole thing, yet still watch the games, play their fantasy crap and wear all the garb.

Havent watched a game all year, dont plan on it and dont miss it.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman

I watched 2 Steeler games over 2 years. That stunt in Chicago of hiding in the locker room "to avoid controversy" killed my 45 year love of the Steeler Nation. They're dead to me.
What frost me is the so-called patriots who are boycotting for Veterans Day only. I've got too many friends and loved ones who proudly served that flag, and too many friends and loved ones whose coffins were covered with it.
Edited to add.
Love of country is not something you do one day a year.
Screw the NFL
7mm
When my comes to my spare time-

NFL= NOT F*CKING LIKELY
Now everyone knows what the N stands for with NFL.

Right there with ya.

We drape the flag over the caskets of our fallen servicemen.

I’m most days pretty disgusted with my govt and how they waste the money they extort from me.

But i love my country and the opportunity it provides for everyone living in this country

If you can’t get off your millionaire azz and pay respect to those things then F you and the fing Shetland pony you rode in on
Not
Flippin
Looking
Done as well.....no games this year either. Screw em. Hope the Seababies and Bennett lose every game.
I'm with this guy. I don't want to hear or see any NFL players, coaches, or owners trying to reach out to the veterans on Veteran's Day. They made their bed, now lie in it!!!

"In Colorado, a decorated local veteran recently turned down an invitation from the Denver Broncos to be honored during Sunday night’s game against the New England Patriots, Fox 31 reported."
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

ditto
I still order my Corona NFL style
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
NF who?

+2 ...
Ignoring the whole circus from now on sends a crystal clear message.

^^
I did not know it until yesterday, but my son in law, always a huge NY Giants fan, and an ESPN subscriber through DirectTV, has cancelled his NFL package, and has not watched a single NFL game this entire season. He is not particularly political, but he told me that he is just tired of the crap, the disrespect, and the drama.
Haven't watched a game all year. Hope some of them are standing in the soup line next year!

Dick
I’m disgusted with the whole affair.

Watched two Raiders games at the beginning of the season but none since and I’ve already told the wife we’re taking a trip somewhere on Super Bowl Weekend, probably to the coast and go wine tasting.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

With a lime?
Originally Posted by jk16

NFL= NOT F*CKING LIKELY

This! That !@$% Kapernick needs to be tarred and feathered and deported to Somalia. What a total ingrate. 😡
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Sorry, you're wrong. I know of 25 family members that are avid fans that will be doing something else.

they watched the games until today?
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

I watched 2 Steeler games over 2 years. That stunt in Chicago of hiding in the locker room "to avoid controversy" killed my 45 year love of the Steeler Nation. They're dead to me.
What frost me is the so-called patriots who are boycotting for Veterans Day only. I've got too many friends and loved ones who proudly served that flag, and too many friends and loved ones whose coffins were covered with it.
Edited to add.
Love of country is not something you do one day a year.
Screw the NFL
7mm

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by jk16

NFL= NOT F*CKING LIKELY

This! That !@$% Kapernick needs to be tarred and feathered and deported to Somalia. What a total ingrate. 😡

Kapernick is not a big deal.

He is just one peckerwood,
in a world populated with many.

The NFL, however, and their lack of standards and values, now there's the problem!
I disagree with your assessment of Kapernick- as much notoriety as he got for his little stunt, it would be sweet to see him humbled, if not educated-he's too stupid for that.

However I totally agree with you as far as the powers that be in the NFL are concerned. They could stop this thing in its tracks. That they already haven't speaks volumes.
Ya know, I was thinking about this this morning. Most of the active players have already made their millions and don't have a lot to lose.

The owners and the next "generation" of starters are the ones who will feel it in their pocketbooks. Most of the owners are good enough business people to figure this out pretty quick if we keep the pressure on.

Haven't watched a game all year and don't intend to.
Thursday, I was hunting with a couple of friends I've hunted with for years. One asked me if I watched NFL on TV and I told him no-way. My Grandad fought in France in the war to end all wars, my Dad was in the Korean conflict and there's no way on God's green earth am I going to honor a bunch of ingrates by watching them trash freedom earned by others willing to die for this country

Yeah, Why?
Butch, if I remember your grandson kicked for WVU a couple of years ago, and was very good. Is he playing in the league now? What's his take on all this?

As far as me, I haven't watched a game this year. They pissed me off too bad and almost everyone I know of my age feels the same way.
I hear the contract for Thursday night football is up for next year and so is Goodells contract. Could be a few changes in the offing. Got a good 40# 3 mile hike done along with some work out in the pole barn.
As my mom took me to Brunch after church the Packers were on. I found myself getting upset when the Pack missed a pass, or the Bears got some good yards. I found myself not liking the emotions and remembered it was one reason I stopped watching. Glad I did , however it was nice to se Ty Montgomery run a 40 yds touchdown. He was invited to our church 3 weeks ago and he seems like a decent guy. He slapped all the little kids a high 5 and talked with them. Still I won't watch an NFL game. I go take a hike in the woods and enjoy Sundays a lot more now.
Go to church, then go hunting and/or fishing, or shooting. I know a church in the country that guys come in their camo hunting gear and have their dogs in the trucks ready to go after service.

Yeah, Why?

You should commend them for their sacrifice.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Go to church, then go hunting and/or fishing, or shooting. I know a church in the country that guys come in their camo hunting gear and have their dogs in the trucks ready to go after service.

+1
I will NEVER watch the Nation Felon League, nor will I buy ANY of their products!

Good Americans cannot support or allow this to exist!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boycott the NFL forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Amen^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GREAT RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am downright pissed about this. I swear I won't watch the NFL for a second 50 years.

Yeah, Why?

and they'll go back to watching the games again next week?
Sports Drive-Bys Apoplectic Because the Texans Passed on Kaepernick

The Houston Texans lost their star quarterback, Deshaun Watson. He blew up his ACL in practice. Oh, that’s horrible. You’re out for the year with the ACL. Well, the Drive-Bys, Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison last Sunday night on the NBC NFL show immediately, “They gotta go Kaepernick, they gotta go. How do you not get Kaepernick? They got a team with the same kind of offense that Kaepernick ran, you gotta get Kaepernick.”

The Drive-Bys, every time a quarterback opening comes, “You gotta get Kaepernick.” And of course Bob McNair, owns the Texans, said we gotta stop letting the inmates run the prison. He was talking about the executives, not the players. But, anyway, the story is that the Houston Texans are gonna go with their current backup quarterback, they’re gonna pass on Kaepernick.
And the Drive-Bys are beside themselves. The Drive-Bys are trying to force this league to hire the anti-American protesting Kaepernick. And so far the league is resisting it, and ESPN’s expected to lay off another 100 people after Thanksgiving so as to lessen the blow. Many of them are gonna be on-camera people. They’re losing subscribers at a rapid rate.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...because-the-texans-passed-on-kaepernick/
How Liberalism Destroyed the NFL

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/11/09/how-liberalism-destroyed-the-nfl/
What I don't get.................how anybody could have watched any NFL football the last 15 yrs.
Not like this latest stunt came out of the blue.
The only team I ever watched was the Packers, and I haven't missed watching them, especially after Rodgers was hurt. I believe that the boycott has had some affect, but by and large it's not been as effective as I would have liked. People tend to forget, given time, and when the playoffs start, and all the Super Bowl hype begins, viewership will be about the same as it's always been. It will be the hardcore people like most of us, who never really got all that excited about the NFL in the first place, who will continue to boycott.
I don’t watch and I damn sure don’t go!!
Who cares?
Originally Posted by McInnis
Butch, if I remember your grandson kicked for WVU a couple of years ago, and was very good. Is he playing in the league now? What's his take on all this?

As far as me, I haven't watched a game this year. They pissed me off too bad and almost everyone I know of my age feels the same way.

Yes Josh kicked in college and had a few All American team things and one of 3 nominated for the Lou Groza award in 2014. Believe it or not he cared little for sports. He saw it as a ticket to his education. Yes he was courted by agents and invited to the kicking camps, just wasn't his deal.

KFWA, Didn't know that you think you know more about our Family than we do. Found out it wasn't that hard to do something else.
Are you a Vet?

I have to say that is one of the things I admire most about your nation...piss on the flag at your own peril.

Ok, that made me laugh.
[quote=McInnis]
KFWA, Didn't know that you think you know more about our Family than we do. Found out it wasn't that hard to do something else.
Are you a Vet?

I'm just asking questions, I don't remember offering an opinion on them
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Steelhead

With a lime?

No Fu*king Lime
Make them all get a real job and 75% would be in prison before 12 months passed.
I have a bad feeling that the pseudo patriots in this country will start getting fatigued by the drama of the whole controversy, and they'll put they entertainment above country soon. I haven't watched all season and don't plan to any time soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Left and the NFL just wait it out and the ratings start drifting back up again.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I have a bad feeling that the pseudo patriots in this country will start getting fatigued by the drama of the whole controversy, and they'll put they entertainment above country soon. I haven't watched all season and don't plan to any time soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Left and the NFL just wait it out and the ratings start drifting back up again.

You are probably right on the fatigue setting in, but I think the ratings will stay low as folks realize that the NFL isn't all that. Once away from the whole routine, most will find other pursuits.

Yep. The place I work is mostly vets and you'd never know anything is amiss listening to them squawk and rant all week about how awesome their team is.
© 24hourcampfire