Home
Some of you guys knew that my Pop has been battling cancer for almost 8 years. Yesterday at 4:52 he went to claim his victory prize. I must say he was the sweetest, most humble, kind, loving, helpful and generous person I have even known, that coming from me his son doesnt carry a lot of weight but everybody that knew him says the same thing. He was the best Dad a guy could ever have and always made it known to everybody that he loved them. We were very close, I talked to him on the phone almost everyday and was honored to be his caregiver the last month of his life. I made sure he never seen the inside of a nursing home, something he said would eventually have to happen but I wasn't having it. I miss him terribly already but was blessed to have him as a Dad a mentor and a best friend for 45 years. I'm beyond blessed to have had him so close for so long.
Thank you to those of you who have prayed for him over the years. I know it is part of what extended His time that the doctors where saying he didn't have. I appreciate those prayers, check ups and the friendships you extended to me while I struggled over his sickness. Thank you from the deepest parts of my heart.
Sorry to hear of your families loss.
Very sorry for your loss, sounds like you will take after him.
I lost my dad in 1977 from a long battle with cancer. I still miss him, but have great memories that still bring a smile to my face.
You will never forget the good memories.
Sure hate to hear of this. Sorry for your loss.
So sorry to hear of the loss of your father, Troy.
I'm very sorry for your loss. May God grant you and your family peace during this time of loss.
My condolences my friend.

Prayers for you and yours.
You are a good man. God bless.
Sorry for your loss.
poboy's right ,
God bless you and yours in the coming days. RIP to a man who did a great job as a father.
Seal billy ,

Your words say a truckload , may your Dad rest in peace , condolences to you , family and friends .

Mike
Sorry for your loss.

R. I. P.
Kind thoughts, prayers, may Our Lord be with all.
sorry for your Loss, mines been gone 8 years now!
Seal Billy,

Sorry for your loss and I feel your pain. My Dad died 12 days ago. I was blessed to have him as a best friend and mentor for 45 years, and I did what it took to keep him at home too. You should be proud that you were able to be his caregiver when he needed you. May God bless you and your family in your time of need.

Rick
Condolences to you and your family.
so sorry for your loss
Sorry for your loss! RIP Pop!
Condolences bud....
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.. At least he's not in pain any longer, and in a much better place above...

Best wishes..
RIP. Sorry to hear this sad news. Prayer sent.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I expect a similar loss myself way too soon. My dad has been on oxygen 24/7 for a couple years. He was told to expect no more than 1 year. He is on borrowed time. He is my role model.
SB,

So sorry for your loss. I was very close to my dad and lost him nearly ten years ago. Still miss him every day. Condolences.
rough news Troy. Prayers said for you and your family.
Originally Posted by poboy
You are a good man. God bless.

Damn few would do what you did for their father, and no matter if words were ever spoken, I guarantee that he knew that you loved him deeply by your actions.

He knew it then, and he knows it now my Friend.
I am so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. It was great to hear of your love for him and your faith. RIP
My condolences for the loss of your Dad.
I'm afraid my Dad is nearing the last stage of life.
His deterioration is very noticeable.
God bless you and provide comfort for you and your family.
Seal billy,
sorry for your loss, thank you for being a perfect son.
You have my heartfelt condolences. I wish you peace, my friend.
My sincere condolences. Certainly is plenty of evidence he was a remarkable man.
My sincere condolences. You are a true steward of a great inheritance.
Condolences for your loss and prayers for you and your family during this time.

So sorry SB - I'm glad you we blessed with such a wonderful Dad.
Sorry for your loss and Godspeed to your Dad.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's tough losing someone like that, but he is in a far, far better place.
My condolences to you and your family.
Condolences Sand B
So sorry for your loss. I felt the same as you about my dad. Never heard of another person saying a bad thing about him. He died in 1995 and I still miss him dearly.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP.
My sincere condolences on your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye but you will see him again.
My heart goes out to you and your family. Cherish the good memories .
He had his son by his side. What more can any man ask for?
So sorry condolences
RIP to your Pappy, and prayer sent for you and the rest of the family and friends.

I lost mine in 1986, i was 23, still miss the man.
Seal Billy, I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for comforting and strength.
Sorry for your loss, Seal Billy. I was in the same boat 24 years ago this past August and had just lost Mom 15 months prior. It was a rough time, caring for Dad along with my wife, 2 young sons, and another son on the way. Time doesn't actually heal anything, at least not for me, but it does dull the pain quite a bit.
Sealbilly, the loss of your dad is the hardest thing a man can endure. My sincerest condolences at this difficult time for you. I would be proud to meet you one day and shake your hand.
My sincere condolences to you and yours, Seal billy.
Sure hate to hear this, but sure am glad he is not suffering the battle anymore either.

Thoughts, prayers continue, and condolences.
I am very sorry for your loss, sir.
Sorry for your loss, prayers sent for you and your family.
First of all, my condolences, second of all, my congratulations on having such a fine Dad and a close relationship with him.
I won't say it gets easier, but after a while, the hurt of losing him will fade.
The memories and the love will be with you the rest of your life.
I lost my own "Old Man" over seven years ago. Ain't a day goes by that I don't think of him, and how lucky I was to know him so well.
You and your family will be in my prayers.
7mm
I happy for you, everyone SHOULD have a dad like that. You know what I mean
Sorry to hear this news prayers on the way.
I am sorry for your loss.
It is a wonderful thing that you can say that with such meaning.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

donsm70
RIP.

Can't imagine the feeling.

Work with my dad on a daily basis so it's gonna be a double whammy. Lose the boss and a best friend all at once.
My Sincere Condolences for the loss of your Dad.
So sorry for you loss. Sounds like you were truly blessed. I have the a ton of respect for you keeping him home, you are obviously the type of son all fathers hope for.
Very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
Condolences!

Mike
Deepest condolences.

Sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry to hear this, may he rest in peace. Sincere condolences and deepest sympathies from my family to yours.
My deepest sympathies sir. I'd love to tell you the hurt and the pain goes away quickly, but my dad's been gone 30 years and the coming of deer season still brings heartache and tears. 10 feet tall and bullet proof. That's how every dad should be remembered.
Sorry for your loss. Prayers up
Condolences for you and yours.
SB - can't help but rejoice on your behalf that your dad was so great for you, that you knew and enjoyed him so well, and that you could care for him until the end. Thanks for your excellent report and expression that you experienced the power of prayer in the dealing with his illness. You have my condolences, and belief that you will feel better each ensuing day.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Some of you guys knew that my Pop has been battling cancer for almost 8 years. Yesterday at 4:52 he went to claim his victory prize. I must say he was the sweetest, most humble, kind, loving, helpful and generous person I have even known, that coming from me his son doesnt carry a lot of weight but everybody that knew him says the same thing. He was the best Dad a guy could ever have and always made it known to everybody that he loved them. We were very close, I talked to him on the phone almost everyday and was honored to be his caregiver the last month of his life. I made sure he never seen the inside of a nursing home, something he said would eventually have to happen but I wasn't having it. I miss him terribly already but was blessed to have him as a Dad a mentor and a best friend for 45 years. I'm beyond blessed to have had him so close for so long.
Thank you to those of you who have prayed for him over the years. I know it is part of what extended His time that the doctors where saying he didn't have. I appreciate those prayers, check ups and the friendships you extended to me while I struggled over his sickness. Thank you from the deepest parts of my heart.

His reward will be great as will your's. My sincere condolences for your loss.
My condolences.

Geo
Sorry to hear of your loss! May all of our Thoughts and Prayer comfort You and your Family, at this time. memtb
Prayers sent. You are fortunate to have had such a wonderful man in your life.
My sincere condolences to you and your family. Your fathers’ legacy will live on through you and he will be with you always. God bless.
Thank you for all your kind words,.prayers and well wishes. I spoke at his funeral tonight, something I didn't think I could do but I did it.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Thank you for all your kind words,.prayers and well wishes. I spoke at his funeral tonight, something I didn't think I could do but I did it.

I couldn't at my dads funeral.
© 24hourcampfire