Home
Near Queen City Missouri

Not wide but he's really long in the back

Kimber Montana .280 AI shooting 120 grn Nosler BT's at about 2800 fps
[Linked Image]
cool cool
Congrats! That is a nice deer, and I like the paint job on the MT. I'm curious about the velocity, do you load them down for a reason?
Posted By: CP Re: I killed a decent buck Saturday - 11/15/17
''Tis a nice buck...
Really nice.
Great buck! Same question on velocity. Just curious
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Congrats! That is a nice deer, and I like the paint job on the MT. I'm curious about the velocity, do you load them down for a reason?

Yes I picked the bullet and reduced speed because I had open heart surgery about 10 months ago. I'm pretty much pain free now but I shot that load during the spring and summer months and didn't see a need to switch to hunt.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Yes I picked the bullet and reduced speed because I had open heart surgery about 10 months ago. I'm pretty much pain free now but I shot that load during the spring and summer months and didn't see a need to switch to hunt.

Smart man. Your brass will probably last forever too.

Congratulations!
That's a nice buck!!
Very nice and it's a good load. Reduces recoil considerably.
Nice buck.
Very nice!
Sweet! I like the Rack!
Very nicely done, Congrats! Glad to see you recovering so well.
Congrats Ted on the nice buck...

and glad to hear you are healing up nicely after that cardiac surgery...

smart idea not to stress it...
Congrats on a nice buck!
That load is all you need! Shot a few at 2650 fps and was extremely accurate!

Good buck it tis!
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Makes sense! I am loading the 150 NBT in my 280 AI MT and I know I'm leaving 50-100fps on the table. The recoil was noticeably more with the higher velocity. I decided I wasn't that tough. grin
Real nice buck! Great rifle too.....
Nice buck and glad you healed up enough to get out and hunt, congrats.
NICE, Congrats!
Nothing wrong with that buck!!
Good looking whitetail buck for sure.
Congratulations
Originally Posted by gunner500
NICE, Congrats!

+1 laugh
Nice Missouri Buck
Very nice Buck for sure.Happy times.
1. Congratulations on a really nice buck. When it comes to whitetail, I just shoot the first legal animal I see... Hence, no nice whitetail racks. Sigh.. I think of them as walking backstraps... smile

2. Nice load! The bullet has a terrific reputation as a deer killer, and your load seems super-comfy to shoot. I have friends who shoot that bullet from the .280 and the 7mm-08 with exemplary results. I'm more of a .25 & .30 caliber guy, but the deer never know the difference.

3. Family and friends have gone through heart surgery and have come back to enjoy a rich life. You're doing great.

Congrats!

Guy
If that’s just decent I’d settle for mediocre...
great pic, nice deer

congrats Ted, tks for taking us along.
Ted

Lucky for you that our SW Mo Bucks are ranging all the way to the NE Mo. grin Actually looks like an Iowa Buck that slipped across the line. GW
Our North Missouri deer numbers must be crashing

I remember a decade of years between 2001/2010 when seeing 20 deer a day was the norm.

I hunted 4 days and only saw 3 deer on my lease this fall.
He's better than "decent" congrats!
It had to be the frankenstud that was your good luck charm...
It might have....but I had given the Frankenstud on my pack to a hunting buddy the day before.

I give one away from time to time
Nice buck, congratulations.
My dad's best buck was of similar size and shape. I grew up looking at that mount (it's now in my house) and I think that's why I have a thing for narrow'ish and tall whitetails. Well done!
© 24hourcampfire