Home
Anybody have good experiences with these? BassPro has them on sale for $29.99 in their new flyer that starts Wednesday.

I'm thinking of adding one of these to the arsenal with a light St Croix rod. Most of my fishing over the years has been saltwater. Lately, I've been hitting the Everglades with a buddy freshwater fishing. May not catch as many big fish, but the weather and water sure don't beat you up anywhere near like being on the ocean.
For thirty bucks you can only go so far wrong.
Great reels... retired most of my beloved 300 and 308 Mitchells and switched to Presidents this year.
Hey.....Where do you get off talking about hunting or fishing equipment around here?

This is the Hunters Campfire which regardless of the name has nothing to do with hunting or campfires.
Cut him some slack Charlie, after all, he's just an Outfitter. laugh
They are great little reels for the money. I use one on an ultralight rod and plan on being at Bass Pro Wednesday morning to pick up two more.
Thanks, fellas.

Yeah, Charlie. You're right. How dare I. Hunter's Campfire has mutated to troll board. smile
If I was not already fully loaded with them, I would be buying more... those are great reels... and for the price... WOW.... buy them
Own one of the Pflueger President reels in the 35 size, it's spooled with 8 lb. Vanish Fluorocarbon line - been a very smooth and reliable bass reel.
I've got 5 of them in different sizes and I absolutely love em! I'll have to pick up a couple of spares at that price!
I will pick up another one or 2 at that price. I think they are excellent.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Anybody have good experiences with these? BassPro has them on sale for $29.99 in their new flyer that starts Wednesday.

I'm thinking of adding one of these to the arsenal with a light St Croix rod. Most of my fishing over the years has been saltwater. Lately, I've been hitting the Everglades with a buddy freshwater fishing. May not catch as many big fish, but the weather and water sure don't beat you up anywhere near like being on the ocean.
I've had one of their baitcasters for years and it's a solid reel.
Dad and I both have Presidents in StCroix ultralights. Great minds must think alike.

Are you sure they are $29 or $39....
I only own one of 'em but it's a great reel.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Dad and I both have Presidents in StCroix ultralights. Great minds must think alike.

Love St Croix rods. Great action. Great feel all the way through the butt. I think I've only got them and Star now. Star rods are great for when you have to lay the wood on them.
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Ackley, yes. Page 3.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/online-catalogs?catalogCode=BassPro/5day_17_04_tab
from what i've seen they build some good reels and some crappy cheap reels also, the price usually reflects that.
Anyone know the difference between the 6900 series and the 3500 series?
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Ackley, yes. Page 3.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/online-catalogs?catalogCode=BassPro/5day_17_04_tab

Thanks for the link!
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Anyone know the difference between the 6900 series and the 3500 series?

Jim, if I'm reading their model numbers right and my intuition is correct, I'm guessing the 2 digit suffix represents the size.

6925 represents a 2500 size, 6930 represents a 3000 size, 6935 represents a 3500 size, and so on.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
from what i've seen they build some good reels and some crappy cheap reels also, the price usually reflects that.

Roger, regular price is $59.99. ingwe hasn't responded here yet, but I think he's had some good experiences with them too, IIRC.
© 24hourcampfire