Home
Spent 4 or 5 days on the farm of one of my best friends sitting in a ground blind with my wife.

9 point buck fell to her 6.5 Creedmore and 130 grn Accubonds

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Congrats to her!
Now that was time well spent! Good shootin!

Mark in GA
Posted By: RNF Re: Wife punches her Oklahoma tags - 11/23/17
Nice shot, congrats to your wife.
congrats to your wife. Great looking buck.
Congratulations. That is a very nice buck..
Way to go, congrats
You're going to need another freezer with all the deer she's tagging this year. Nice buck, Atta Girl !!
Nice buck!
Cool!
The Creed puts another one down. Nicely done.
Most excellent!

Might wanna check that chambering, though, word on the street is that the 6.5CM is a fad.
Congrats to the misses, I absolutely love hunting with my wife...
Congrats to wifey nice deer. BTW where could I get that stock pouch thingy on the RAR?
On a safety note . . . love to see photos with the muzzle of the rifle not pointed at anyone! wink
Posted By: EdM Re: Wife punches her Oklahoma tags - 11/23/17
Happy day. Well done to the both of you.
Originally Posted by colorado bob
You're going to need another freezer with all the deer she's tagging this year. Nice buck, Atta Girl !!

thats what I'm thinking!

attaboy Ted. (and Mrs. Ted)
Congrats to you and your wife Ted, and Happy Thanksgiving as well.
Nice buck. Your wife did well. Congrats to her.

May you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Cool, Ted. Did you get it on video?
Originally Posted by skeen
Cool, Ted. Did you get it on video?

I didn't

Before daylight on the way to our blind I hung the tarsal glands off the North Missouri buck that I killed last week on a limb above a scrape.

That buck was under that tree limb just as it was getting light enough to see decently so the lighting for video wasn't any good but unlike TV I wasn't about to pump the brakes.....I just watched the show and enjoyed the ending.

A quartering away shot....we recovered the Accubond on the opposite side of the deer at the base of his neck.

I'll put it on a scale tomorrow and see what it retained
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Congrats to wifey nice deer. BTW where could I get that stock pouch thingy on the RAR?

Triad Tactical

Her bag has internal ammo loops
Very Nice!

Good job guiding the Mrs!!

Mike
Congratulations.
Well done !!!Congrats to you both.
Nice hunt & pics .I love Oklahoma.Got a lot of family thata way.
This is excellent! Congrats all around.
Nicely done, give it up for the Oklahoma girls!
Nice buck, pretty lady. You are lucky to have such a wonderful wife! Doesn't get any better! Congrats!
Ted, y'all get a lot of hunting done bud. I like that.
Pretty awesome stuff TT.
Congrats to her on a great buck!
Nice.
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Triad Tactical

Her bag has internal ammo loops

Thanks.
Congrats to both
Hank
Great buck! Congrats to your lovely wife!
Posted By: efw Re: Wife punches her Oklahoma tags - 11/23/17
Bro that’s AWESOME congrats to you both!!!!!

Public or private? wow amazing what happens when ya read the OP...

Either way I’m envious; I’ve been meaning to get down there for years and her luck proved I need to speed it up!
The recovered Accubond weighed 86 grns.

Good for her, glad she likes hunting with you. She did good.
Congrats to the both of you!! How do you like the RAR?
Originally Posted by mmgravy
Congrats to the both of you!! How do you like the RAR?

It shoots very good and it's functional but it suffers when it comes to the trigger.

I'm told that's an easy fix though......

Spring?

The 6.5 is already a mild recoiling round but with the brake she has on it there is almost no recoil and no lift.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I bought a Predator in 6 Creed to see how I liked the cartridge before building a rifle for the cartridge. I found the same thing with the trigger as you and didn't like it at all. I could not adjust it below 3 3/4 pounds so I bought a Timney, which cured the problem.

I have Jewels in some rifles and while this trigger is not a Jewel, it is not far from it. I have since heard it is an easy fix with the spring but considering how well the rifle shoots, I am not sorry for doing what I did.

I was impressed with the cartridge and will be putting 6 Creed together in the near future with an 8 twist Rock 5R and 700 action I have sitting here. It will have a Jewel trigger and be bedded in a Ti stock.

What brake did you put on her rifle?
The brake?

It is of my own making
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire