Home
What say you?

Throwback yes, ripoff no. Some new guys rediscovering something golden
I saw Led Zepplin live in '77.
Van Fleet is a good band but... they don't have the soul and raw asskick of Led Zep.

Pretty fun band. Drummer is kinda boring.
Consider their age and the stage presence they have already. By the time they are the age of Led Zeppelin during their prime they will be quite similar. They did not play a single Zeppelin song during any of the shows I have been to. However they do start to play Zeppelin and the lead singer comes to the mike and says " Just kidding" before going into their original songs.

An Astonishing band for three brothers and a neighbor which began this at only 16-17 years old. These young guys are the future of real old school Rock and Roll
At least they ain't running around with their pants down showing the crack of their azzes trying to be rappers.
Not bad. I saw them in 73
Led Zeppelin....greatest cover band ever..........flame proof suit on.....
Led Zep Fans: Throwback or Ripoff?

Who fugging cares? They ROCK!
They need haircuts grin
I like this one.
I think they are well on their way...I would go to a concert.
UnLeded.

The times made the bands as much as the bands made the time.
I like their music but the singer's voice is too similar to Plant's. Intentional or not it annoys me for some reason.

Clark
They're so young! The local station said a couple of those guys are still in high school.

I'll be interested to see how their sound matures.
Originally Posted by 257_X_50

You can call all Blues based bands cover bands if you like. As a matter of fact, every musician starts as a cover musician. Lennon/McCartney were no different than Beethoven in that respect.

Clapton covered the Blues, as did The Stones, Hendrix, Allman Brothers, The Who. Aerosmith etc. Next generation of rock covered them. Where do you want to go with this?
I think they are good. It's nice to see kids that appreciate the classic rock music of the 70's.
Originally Posted by OdT
Throwback yes, ripoff no. Some new guys rediscovering something golden

This. Even if I don't care for the sound of a "cover" band it's still cool to see after all these years people discovering Led Zeppelin.
Imitation music. Originators are interesting, imitators are not.
If they would get haircuts and close shave , wear proper clothes , never take pot and booze , I might listen to them .
Led Zep isn't making any new music. These guys are.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
If they would get haircuts and close shave , wear proper clothes , never take pot and booze , I might listen to them .

That's what Pat Boone was for. This is Rock 'n Roll!
Singer could easily front the best ZEP tribute band ever. He certainly has a similar range to Robert Plants and has a similar inflection style. Drummer ain't no John Bonham, of course no one else in the world is either. Did they lean on Zep's style...well yes. But everybody leans on somebody's style as they develop. Hell if it weren't for those kid's in England 50 years ago listening to every Delta Blues recording they could get there hands on rock and roll likely would not be what is is today. It's nearly all twelve bar blues or some variation there of.

I think they are a breath of fresh air among young artists today.

I say Rock On.

Originally Posted by 257_X_50

No Flame here bud....like I said everybody leans on somebody....some bands do a lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Led_Zeppelin_songs_written_or_inspired_by_others

twofish

Best 'Zep cover band . . . grin

I like 'em!
Love Dread Zep!

Tort Elvis lives!
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by ol_mike

That's what Pat Boone was for. This is Rock 'n Roll!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smile

Originally Posted by BarryC
Led Zep isn't making any new music. These guys are.

That's just it. These guys are not making new music. Not by a longshot.
Been to two live shows of theirs now, they did not play a single zepplin song all they did was their own original music. Ive never heard a recording of them doing zepplin either.

I think by definition that is not a cover bands style
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
At least they ain't running around with their pants down showing the crack of their azzes trying to be rappers.

That alone is worth the price of a CD.
© 24hourcampfire