Home
Posted By: wabigoon The Bird, The Bird, - 11/23/17
No, not the Trashmen, How was your meal? Some of you may enjoy the meal later in the day?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/23/17
Local BBQ joint smoked ours. Different flavor from roasted or fried. Wasn't too bad, although I kind of prefer deep fried. Getting ready in about an hour to start eating leftovers.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/23/17
We had some Millennials and GenZ over at noon, for a big Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings. It was great.

Tomorrow I am taking a couple of them from the inner city hunting with me. First time they've ever been outdoors. Personal experience often changes their perspective quickly.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
I got it!

"I want the bird, Mr. Spade!"

Im a ham man! laugh
Posted By: calikooknic Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
Did a prime rib, you'll see picks later.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
We raise a few turkeys so they aren't a great holiday treat. We had a fine leg of lamb.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No, not the Trashmen, How was your meal? Some of you may enjoy the meal later in the day?

This really needed a clip of Peter Griffin singing and dancing.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
Please NO! John!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
The bird was excellent. As was the ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, salad, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cheesecake, and apple pie.

I didn’t get to the other stuff.
Well, John since this thread has pooed out, try this.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
I had Persian Dog come over. He rescued me. My wife told me that seven of her family were coming over but would be gone by three at the latest. I got home at quarter to four and there were twenty of my in-laws there. Luckily they behaved themselves in front of Persian Dog. My wife had packed all the food for take home by her type and forget to feed me and Persian Dog, but we broke into the take-home packages and helped ourselves.

Kudos to the guys on the 'Fire who have been helping Persian Dog with his reloading projects.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Our spread yesterday.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/24/17
Richard!!

Apparently y'all had a great time!!!! The glasses and the decanter are empty!!! wink

Good for y'all!!
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: The Bird, The Bird, - 11/25/17
Wabigoon: The VarmintWife cooked the most wonderful 22 pound Turkey from Cost-Co yesterday.
Fantastic fare from ALL involved they declared - I mean it was delicious and very moist!
Apparently Cost-Co contracts with the Turkey growers to get birds of a certain quality harvested, prepared and delivered just before Thanksgiving and then again just before Christmas.
This according to Cost-Co employees we have talked with in the meat department.
Anyway this is the third year in a row we have used Cost-Co Turkeys and this one and the previous four before that (Christmas and Thanksgivings) were all great.
Had a Turkey sandwich today for lunch and Turkey left overs for dinner and they were still excellent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire