Home
Posted By: TLB2 AT tires - 11/24/17
Whats everybody running for All Terrain tires?
Im needing a set.

Looking at the Kuhmo road venture AT51, Cooper AT3, Falken Wildpeak, and the Hancook Dynapro
Posted By: mohave_mauler1 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
BFG
Posted By: CMH Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
BFG

+1

Had/have BFG AT T/A, Toyo and Goodyear DuraTrac's in the last few years. I have had the best traction on ice/snow with the BFG's. All were good for dirt and rocks.
Posted By: baltz526 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Coopers.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
BFG All Terrain KO2's....best I've ever used.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
The Hankook Dynapro AT/M is an excellent tire. Very quiet, great road manners, and wear extremely well. Good in everything but deep mud.

I recently installed a set of the Cooper AT/3. A bit noisier than the Hankooks so far.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
What kind of mileage are the bfg' s getting? My last set was slick at 30k
I had a set of Kuhmo go 55k
Posted By: fburgtx Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Cooper st maxx. More aggressive than at3, but not noisy.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I have the Kumho AT51s that replaced BFGs.Like the Kumho much better
Posted By: stevelyn Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I like the tread pattern, snow and ice traction, and the water channeling of the BFG AT. But.........for some reason that we can't figure out, the belts on the BFGs tend to break and cause bulging. This year we've replaced them with Hankook DynaPro ATs for our patrol fleet. I've ran the Hankooks before and like them a lot.
Posted By: joken2 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17

General Grabber AT2

http://shedheads.net/general-grabber-at2-full-revew/
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I like the Dynapro.....but I like Toyo M 55's better.
Posted By: K1500 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Cooper ATP's here. They are a bit more aggressive that the AT3. They tow and handle well, but are getting a tad loud. Nothing at all unbearable, but you can hear them at certain speeds, not unlike any other AT's.
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by TLB2
Im needing a set.

Looking at the Kuhmo road venture AT51, Cooper AT3, Falken Wildpeak, and the Hancook Dynapro

Hankook DynaPro is a lot of value for the price.
Posted By: benchman Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by joken2

Thats what I have on the H3. 93,000 on the first set, at 40,000 on the second, still a lot left.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17

Hankook Dynapro AT/M
Posted By: BamBam Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I’m running BFG, KO2s on my Tacoma, love them. Waiting for my designated winter tires, maybe today. F250, Nitto Ridge Grapplers can’t tell you anything about them waiting for them to come in. Have a friend that has them on his truck and loves them, will see.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Firestone Destination AT. Had on a short box f150 2wd. These tires made truck think it was a 4wd on snow covered roads. Have the same tire on my '98 cherokee. Great tires.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Cooper AT3's on my Tundra.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by TooDogs
Firestone Destination AT. Had on a short box f150 2wd. These tires made truck think it was a 4wd on snow covered roads. Have the same tire on my '98 cherokee. Great tires.

THIS
Posted By: JMR40 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I've had good luck with Coopers. I just replaced 4 of the AT/3's on my Tacoma with 56,000 miles on them. I don't like to run tires down to the last bit of tread and a lot of folks would have pushed them at least another 5K. Had winter not been coming on I might have too.

My brother has had good luck with the Firestone Destination A/T's. About the same mileage as I got with my Coopers. Price was about the same, but Cooper was running an $80 rebate at the time and that made the decision for me.
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by MickeyD

3+

Have them on a 4x4 Off Road F150. Much improved over old KOs. Wearing very well and great traction on anything and everything.

NB
Posted By: aalf Re: AT tires - 11/24/17

Cooper ST-Maxx on one truck......

[Linked Image]

Goodyear Duratracs on the other....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Toyo
Posted By: RS308MX Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
3 months into Cooper AT3. So far so good. These things really grip on wet roads. I had to brake hard for a deer a couple of days ago and I never would have been able to stop in time with my old tires. They ride smooth and quite and look good on my Tacoma. I need a foot of snow to really try them out though. grin
Posted By: hanco Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Cooper
Posted By: deflave Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Geolanders.

Coopers if I had to.

Travis
Posted By: EZEARL Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by joken2

Thats what I have on the H3. 93,000 on the first set, at 40,000 on the second, still a lot left.

Best A/T tire I've run to date and the most popular in our area. Nothing but positive reports on the Cooper AT3's. If the Falken Wild Peaks I'm running (235's w/ 1000mi) are good off road and in inclement weather on the road which I suspect they will be it will be the only positive thing I can say about them.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
BFG

Yep. On my second set. Haven’t done me wrong yet.
Posted By: EZEARL Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by deflave
Geolanders.

Coopers if I had to.

Travis

Forgot about the G015's even though we've had a set on my wife's '96 Blazer for a year next month. DUH. GOOD all around tire.
Posted By: Tackleman Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Been running BFG 0n all my trucks and Jeeps since the early 90’s. Get 40 to 50 thousand miles out of them, and never had a failure.
Why try anything else when you can run the best?
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
A bud has Nitto on his Tacoma.
He puts a lot of miles on, we'll see about the mileage

My son has Nitto, on his Z71.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I like the tread pattern, snow and ice traction, and the water channeling of the BFG AT. But.........for some reason that we can't figure out, the belts on the BFGs tend to break and cause bulging. This year we've replaced them with Hankook DynaPro ATs for our patrol fleet. I've ran the Hankooks before and like them a lot.

i ran goodrich tires religiously for probably 30 years. I would NEVER buy them again.
i had at least five separations, bulging tires on same truck. What took the cake was a blowout at about 65mph pushing me into a guard rail.
about 3k of damage to truck. Goodrich said my fault cause i didn't stop fast enough to tell what went wrong. Doing that speed surrounded by vehicles how do you stop on a dime?
earlier this year truck was acting wierd, found another six inch separation and said no more. Bought cooper's and entirely happy.
Guy at the dodge garage said goodrich's are too soft a rubber for arizona, and they just fall apart. I think he was right.
I don't know how true it is, but at discount tire they told me the goodrich's are made in thailand.
Posted By: stomatador Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I've owned BFG T/A's since the early 90's. I busted a few early on when I did stupid stuff now I get the E range ones. They do as good as anything in northern Utah / Wyoming mud (I've never had any tire, self cleaning mud terrain or otherwise clear our mud) and seem to do better than others in the snow. Somedays it's snow then mud in the same day.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Son is running some flavor of 33" Kuhmo Road Venture tires on 2005 W2500 diesel 6spd in South Carolina. He claims good traction, low relative road noise versus friend's BFG's. Really decent price. Tread life is not relevant to a 26 y.o. single crew chief driving a diesel truck with a tuner...

Apple didn't fall far from the tree... blush
Posted By: KC Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Originally Posted by MickeyD

3+

Have them on a 4x4 Off Road F150. Much improved over old KOs. Wearing very well and great traction on anything and everything.

NB

I started running BFG All Terrain TA in the late 1980s.

For a while I ran a set of Goodyear off road mud tires on an '84 Jeep Cherokee and barely got 25,000 miles out of them.
I've ran BFG All Terrain T/A ever since on two jeeps, two Silverados and my current GMC Sierra. No complaints.

KC
Posted By: Three30Eight Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Michelin only for me...ltx at2
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
I've run the hankook and the cooper AT3. Cooper wears longer and is better in the snow. I have some Toyo AT's I'm trying to run out in the summer that are junk, only bought them because they ther first 4080lb rated E's on the market.. This year I switched to cooper studded M&S in the winter and will be running cooper AT3's in the summer once I burn the last bit of tread off the toyo's. On my wifes truck we have been running copper at3's as a summer tire, and they have been great.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Are the Hankook DynaPro ATs a 10 ply tire that is good for towing an RV?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: AT tires - 11/24/17

just got these.....Cooper AT3's 265-75x16 SL.......wheels are MB 352's

goin' on my '14 Tacoma...didn't want an 'E' rated tire..so made this choice

many choices available..especially in E rated.....the AT tread is a happy medium

between the rugged mud terrains......BFG KO2's...General Grabber 2's...Falkin Wildpeak AT3's

these Coopers are rated for 55K miles....we'll see........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
My son picked up a set of BFG's ,at the beginning of the year. He has them on a 3/4 ton Ram. He has 20K miles on them and they have been rotated twice in that time. He'll be lucky to get another 5k miles out of them. The above post stated it right ,too soft of rubber compound for heavier truck.
Posted By: badger Re: AT tires - 11/24/17
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Are the Hankook DynaPro ATs a 10 ply tire that is good for towing an RV?

Yes, if you get the E load range.
Posted By: shootem Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
The Hankook Dynapro AT/M is an excellent tire. Very quiet, great road manners, and wear extremely well. Good in everything but deep mud.

I recently installed a set of the Cooper AT/3. A bit noisier than the Hankooks so far.

I've had a set of the Hankook ATM on my 2001 Tahoe for around 6500 or so. Bought them as a ship to store from Walmart. Out the door with road hazard warranty and all it was around $550 IIRC. I had no previous experience with the Kooks but reviews looked good and the price was considerably better than for my old favorite Coopers. Have been surprised at the lack of road noise and mud traction. So far I've had them in dry rocky, wet muddy, snow & goop, level and hilly. Worst mud was an outback NC Blueridge partial rutted road with clay mud and melting snow. Tread cleared the mud MUCH better than I would have thought even though to the eyeball it's only marginally more aggressive than the BFG All TerrainTread which is friggin useless in the sticky. Tread shows minimal wear but it's early yet. Noise level is very good especially considering performance.
Posted By: sackett Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
Cooper AT3. Best AT tires I've ever own....a list that has included: BFG, General, Mastercraft, Goodyear & Armstrong
Posted By: Cheesy Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
Originally Posted by TooDogs

Good to hear. Ive got about 4,000 miles on mine in a diesel F250. They're what the tire shop recommended to me.
Posted By: ldholton Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
I've got a set of that at 51's 08 Dodge 3/4 ton mega cab don't have many miles on them yet so I can't give a great judgement. Replace some good Firestone I like how the Firestone drive to better they wore really good these were a lot cheaper don't know about mud and slick stuff at this time
Posted By: pahick Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
Kumho AT51's

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGray Re: AT tires - 11/25/17
Been driving a Dodge / Cummins since purchased new in '96. Originally equipped Michelins went 55k with never rotating them so never got into habit of regular rotations. Replaced them with Kuhmo Road Venturers - rotated them at 13k when I noticed tread wear was around 50%. They were shot and had to be replaced between 20-25k and went with Cooper ATP's next. With regular rotations, they went 45k though didn't wear evenly, had some cupping and we're pretty noisy with poor traction in second half of their life.

Hankook Dynapro ATM seems to be the most popular truck tire around here and I've heard nothing but good reports. They are similar to the Cooper ATP though slightly less aggressive. I was planning on the Hankooks next go around but ended up with the Cooper ST Maxx. I'm at 8k on them and so far am pleased - they are more aggressive than a typical AT tire, but less than a MT. They do have a slight hum on the pavement but not bad considering the deep / open lugs. You can feel the lugs flexing under load and in corners with a little more noise and vibration than running straight. They do seem to be wearing well but probably too soon to really tell.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: AT tires - 11/27/17
Continental Terraincontact A/T
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: AT tires - 11/27/17
The Hankook ATM's are very good tires FWIW
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: AT tires - 11/27/17
Originally Posted by TLB2
Im needing a set.

Firestone Transforce AT's.

I've had 10 ply tires continuously for 25 years on at least one of my trucks. The Transforce are the best 10 ply tires on hardpack snow and ice I've ever had.

Currently have them on two of my pickups.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: AT tires - 11/27/17
I had BFG ATs on my jeep and they were great and lasted a long time. The last time I put Goodyear duratracks on it, like them better, the tread is AT in these middle with a more aggressive tread on the edges. They are quiet and do better in the Tennessee mud than the BFG and just as well in the snow. Love'em. I don't know if they will last as long. I had tad over 50k on the BFG and only have maybe 10k on the Goodyears so far.
Posted By: KentuckyMountainMan Re: AT tires - 11/27/17
I just picked up these for my F150 going to give them a try...Atturo Trail Blade XT.......Great price 701.00 shipped from Simpletires.com Ordered wed night the 22nd and received Saturday the 25th...These are a Hybrid tire....Should be quiet on the Road and pretty good off road.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Has anybody tried the Goodyear TrailRunner AT's?

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-trailrunner-at?cta=BBCardFullTireDetails
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Anyone tried the Milestar Patagonia MTs?
Posted By: 4th_point Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
My advice is to be cautious using recommendations from different regions. I have used Toyo M-55, but my main concern is volcanic rock and punctures (stone drilling). These might not be best for ice in really cold regions, or Owyhee gumbo mud. You may not have sharp rock in your area, and may benefit from a different tire.

In some parts of the country, people swear by DuraTracs. In other regions, the sidewalls are considered weak.

Right now I'm trying some alternatives to the M-55. I have 14k on a set of Nitto Grappler EXO, on a Tundra. They are snowflakes (rating, not the millennials). Seem like an updated M-55. And have Toyo R/T on a 3/4-ton GMC. Probably similar miles. Quieter than the M-55.

The Toyo M-55 and M/T have a good reputations for puncture resistance here in the PNWet. The Nitto supposedly uses the same carcass.
Good point

point

lol
Posted By: SD300 Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Cooper AT3
Posted By: gutthooked Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Falken wildpeak at3 tires deep tread long lasting. Got em on flee Bay with free shipping. Ride nice and quiet.
Posted By: aztec777 Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Our roads get icy in the winter and my FJ Cruiser with Goodyear Duratracs has never let me down. I just got a new set of these tires and I had almost 80,000 miles on the old set with between 4-5/32nds left.
Posted By: duckster Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Have had good luck with a couple of sets of Cooper AT3
Posted By: moose444 Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
Just replaced a set of Hancook dynapros. They only lasted 66,000 miles on northwest Wyoming. Lots of non pavement miles and no flats.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
BFG KO2
Posted By: BKinSD Re: AT tires - 11/28/17
I have Michelin (insert some combination of L's, T's and X's here) on my Sierra, Falken Wild Peak on wife's Suburban and BFG KO2 on my Bronco. All are good. Very impressed with the Falkens so far. Quiet ride
I drive a lot of gravel and it chews up my tires pretty bad. I just looked on line at the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar. They claim to be a good tire for gravel due to the Kevlar being more puncture resistant.

Anybody had experience with these?
Posted By: TF49 Re: AT tires - 11/29/17
Had BFG KO tires on a Suburban and they were excellent. Very very good on ice and in snow.

Had Geolanders on a Jeep. Very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling. But, I got one sidewall sliced by a rock and as they were nearing their end, I replaced them. Put Duratrac tires on. Would have preferred KO tires but where I bought them, the Duratrac were priced about $50 per tire lower. Big difference when putting them on an old half worn out Jeep.

Prolly many good off road tires out there in the marketplace.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: AT tires - 11/29/17
The Cooper AT3s have been good to me. It's a long lasting tire that is pretty quiet on the highway and pretty decent off the pavement.
Posted By: TF49 Re: AT tires - 11/29/17
Originally Posted by TF49
Had BFG KO tires on a Suburban and they were excellent. Very very good on ice and in snow.

Had Geolanders on a Jeep. Very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling. But, I got one sidewall sliced by a rock and as they were nearing their end, I replaced them. Put Duratrac tires on. Would have preferred KO tires but where I bought them, the Duratrac were priced about $50 per tire lower. Big difference when putting them on an old half worn out Jeep.

Prolly many good off road tires out there in the marketplace.

So, I got these Duratracs put on the Jeep yesterday. Took it out today to a spot that I had taken deer before and was slowly wheeling around and I hear this “whoosh.” Hmm.... so I stop, look at all the tires and all seems ok. Drive for a bit and then stop. Stretch my legs and then see the front left tire flat. Rock cut on the inside near the tread. 46 miles.

Feeble old guy by himself,miles from anywhere, changing the tire. Harrumph!

Wish I had bought the KO tires or something else.

BUT, the guy at the tire store made me feel special. He asked how I did it and then said “This almost never happens, I’ve never seen one cut like this.”

It was rocky but pretty tame 4 wheeling.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: AT tires - 11/30/17

that S U C K S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if it makes you feel any better.........March this year.........wife hit a bolt laying on the hwy........

yep....dead center........F L A T 6 miles later............3 month old BFG KO2 LT 265-75x16

my recent purchase of Cooper AT3's from DTD.......I added road hazard..for $40/4 tires/3 yrs.........

we'll see how that works.................in your case......the bumper sticker........

'Schidt Happens'...........

Posted By: aalf Re: AT tires - 11/30/17
So, I got these Duratracs put on the Jeep yesterday. Took it out today to a spot that I had taken deer before and was slowly wheeling around and I hear this “whoosh.” Hmm.... so I stop, look at all the tires and all seems ok. Drive for a bit and then stop. Stretch my legs and then see the front left tire flat. Rock cut on the inside near the tread. 46 miles.

Which ones? LT's? 10 ply? Etc......
Posted By: TF49 Re: AT tires - 11/30/17
Originally Posted by aalf

Which ones? LT's? 10 ply? Etc......

265/65 R17 112S. SL. BSW. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: AT tires - 11/30/17
Originally Posted by tikkanut

that S U C K S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if it makes you feel any better.........March this year.........wife hit a bolt laying on the hwy........

yep....dead center........F L A T 6 miles later............3 month old BFG KO2 LT 265-75x16

my recent purchase of Cooper AT3's from DTD.......I added road hazard..for $40/4 tires/3 yrs.........

we'll see how that works.................in your case......the bumper sticker........

'Schidt Happens'...........

I put a set of Hankook's on my '07. The NEXT day I drove to work and when I went to leave for lunch I noticed a tire was very low. I limped the short way to the place that installed them the day before and they found a 3/8 x 5" bolt inside the tire. That left a nice hole in a brand new tire.
© 24hourcampfire