Home
Posted By: kingston Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
My house was built in the 1790s. It had an outhouse until 1956 when a pair of stylish porcelain thrones were installed. I love the old fixtures. One still has the original toilet seat on it and it's fantastic. The other toilet has been through 3 toilet seats in 4 or 5 times as many years. Does anyone make a quality toilet seat for a round bowl in white with traditional nickel plated hardware? I've exhausted my Google-fu.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Had the same problem with my family s 124 year old house. I was lucky to have a very old hardware store in town and the owner found one in the basement.i d check those first,then e bay,mabey a big plumbing supply in ny ,chicago etc.hope that helps.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Buy separate hardware from the seat? I dunno.

EDIT: Hell fahr!! This is a gun forum. Send the metal hardware off to be coated in nickel.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

EDIT: Hell fahr!! This is a gun forum. Send the metal hardware off to be coated in nickel.

But which recoil pad would be most appropriate?
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Definitely one that redirects the recoil........

Maybe a cast-off toilet seat similar to a Weatherby stock........
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
lose some weight..........

Hardware.

Posted By: navlav8r Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Definitely one that redirects the recoil........

Maybe a cast-off toilet seat similar to a Weatherby stock........

It’s got to be threaded for a suppressor...😀
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
"... Maybe a cast-off toilet seat similar to a Weatherby stock........"

ROFL! almost spilled coffee there
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
If you have a recycling store near you, check there. Habitat for Humanity has one here called RESTORE. They usually have old toilets, windows, doors, and all kinds of stuff.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
I'm thinking Monte Carlo - with a rollover cheek piece...

But seriously, it wouldn't be too difficult to make one or have one made. Imagine what a nice slab of walnut or birds eye maple would be. Classic and gorgeous.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
An oil finish, and stains would be unnoticeable.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by jnyork

laugh laugh laugh

Yeah..... we all need to drop the mouse, and Slowly Back Away...
laugh
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17
I can't believe that no one has pointed out that it was the Swedes who invented the toilet seat and the Norwegians who improved the design by cutting a hole in the center.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Toilet Seats - 12/16/17

But seriously, it wouldn't be too difficult to make one or have one made. Imagine what a nice slab of walnut or birds eye maple would be. Classic and gorgeous.

Send it to the wrong wood worker and you may never see it again. grin
Posted By: kingston Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I can't believe that no one has pointed out that it was the Swedes who invented the toilet seat and the Norwegians who improved the design by cutting a hole in the center.

LMAO!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
You need to sit back, and study on this some more princeton.[Linked Image]
Which problem is this the best solution for?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
They are all made cheap now, even the best brands.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shaman Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Me? I'd go the DIY route. Take the hardware off the old seat, trace the bowl on cardboard and then cut out a new seat and lid on 3/4" marine plywood. Shape it, fill in the voids with putty, sand it and finish it as you want.
Posted By: hanco Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Buy another seat. They don’t cost much.
We threw out a solid red oak seat years back.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by kingston

[Linked Image]

Big Girls?
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by 12344mag

[Linked Image]

Big Girls?

Holy smokes... the load moment. Some engineering... repurposed F14 swingwing pivots? Or are the paddles not so much weight bearing as tenderly cupping, that far outboard?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by 12344mag

[Linked Image]

Big Girls?

A family friend related the tale of the boarding house he lived in while attending college. Their was often residue smeared on the seat of the communal toilet. The general opinion was that the delivery of same was provided by a girl of rather large posterior dimensions. One day, when everyone was in house, Fred cleaned up yet another smear. He meticulously cleaned the seat, then smeared a glob of peanut butter onto it. At that point, he summoned a house meeting in the bathroom, whereupon he pointed out the glob, said that the problem was on-going and needed to be addressed. At that point, he wiped a finger through the glob, stuck it in his mouth and delcared, "Yep, it's tschit, all right."
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17

Try here

https://www.plumbingsupply.com/seats.html
With a guy like that around, who needs toilet seats.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We threw out a solid red oak seat years back.

[Linked Image]
Am I to presume that is your subtle way to cheer me up on a dreary day?
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Probably not what you’re looking for, but I was in Japan not long ago for work and have to admit they rule the world in toilet seat technology. The seat in the bathroom of my hotel room was heated, vibrated, and shot warm water up your butt. It was almost sensory overload all the stuff it could do and the control panel had more selections than my truck’s entertainment system. It was truly a luxury pooping experience. I’ve got to admit those Japs know how to crap.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17

Recoil pad? Hell, I need a muzzle brake!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
A few years back, there was to be a television show about a toilet seat with a crack in it (instead of on it) that was to be titled, "F#%k, It Pinches!" Somehow, the title was misheard over the phone and instead the show became "Picket Fences" and went a whole different direction..
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Toilet Seats - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Probably not what you’re looking for, but I was in Japan not long ago for work and have to admit they rule the world in toilet seat technology. The seat in the bathroom of my hotel room was heated, vibrated, and shot warm water up your butt. It was almost sensory overload all the stuff it could do and the control panel had more selections than my truck’s entertainment system. It was truly a luxury pooping experience. I’ve got to admit those Japs know how to crap.

Like a gentle vibration or a driving down RR tracks rumble to speed up the process?
TFF

I keep hearing about these. While this thread was a watercloset luddite's celebration of bathroom technology, I can't say I've not been tempted. I'm wondering if they can save user preferences, like my truck does for each driver. If I were to upgrade to a fancy new Toto shïtter, It'd probably need a new and separate room built around it.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Am I to presume that is your subtle way to cheer me up on a dreary day?

Yes, and an expression of the rage I felt when reading you threw out old faithful, presumably for one your wife could fit with carpet, padding and other dangly adornments.

laugh
Well Kingsley, if it makes you feel any better, the old seat was in an outhouse in Wabigoon, Ontario. Now, if you want to talk about foam toilet seats, and minus 40---.
This is not ours, just an image from the net.

The icebox in Wabigoon my grandparents had before 'hydro", 1949, would be worth a pretty penny in 2017. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What's that stove pipe all about?
Like I said, that is not ours, but the pipes vent the smell, sort of.
Posted By: las Re: Toilet Seats - 12/18/17
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Recoil pad? Hell, I need a muzzle brake!!

I was going to suggest a Decelerator, myself.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Toilet Seats - 12/18/17
A few years ago I read about an electric toilet that someone in Japan had invented. The problem was that Japanese women had the habit of flushing every time they made 'unladylike bathroom noises'. During a major sittin' spell, she might flush 4 or 5 times. All the excess flushing was causing some serious water problems, both in water supply and in sewage disposal. So, this guy invented a device on the toilet that would emit a loud flushing sound. When the lady needed to cover up her unladylike sounds, she just pushed a button. Users greatly reduced their water use.
Posted By: kingston Re: Toilet Seats - 12/18/17
If it weren't for flatulence, women would never learn to lie. It's the gateway drug of polite little lies.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Toilet Seats - 12/18/17
I for one, have known women, that were too good at lying. I seriously doubt if gas started it ll. ( I should have said, with due respect). To Kingston, not the women.
© 24hourcampfire