Home
Had a bunch of white stuff waiting for me.

Looks like old man winter's starting to take things seriously.

[Linked Image]
Scent of my woman. It was a good morning. Couldnt careless about outside.👍

Beautiful pic though.
Damn Charlie!

That looks like huntin' weather to me! laugh

Stay warm!
My wife of 25 years, who had just made coffee.
Just a touch of the white stuff as well. Just finished clearing the high traffic spots.
Same crap you did, spent 4 hours cleaning it up at work.
This!

[Linked Image]
My minie aussie rolling on me and snorting at 4:30 wanting to play. Yesterday it was border collie whining to get at 4:00 am to get the coyotes around my place. One day we will make it until 5:00, .. maybe.
It is indeed Barry.....me and Sally checked the traps and then took a little walk about to look for a fresh set of Cat tracks. Didn't see anything but that's OK, I'm getting to old to be chasing dogs and cats around these mountains. Course Sally disagrees.
Looks nice!

Same ol swamp over here.
My 4 year olds foot in my ear.
Woke up to the the first few flakes falling. Still have only an inch or less. Doesn't look like I'll get to fire up the still-unused brand new snowblower.

The Farmers' Almanac prediction of a wetter-then-normal winter was apparently wishful thinking. Heck, they're still playing golf at my home course.
Beautiful crisp, cold and bright sunny December morning. This is why people live in Oklahoma.
And those big black elephant trunks coming from the sky is why people don't!
I woke up to this guy. smile

[Linked Image]
I woke up early, still dark, and headed into the great room to find the fire still glowing. I threw in a few chunks of oak and off it went. I made a cup of decaf, sat in my chair and read my Mustang Monthly magazine. Overcast and 45 outside with rain expected in the afternoon.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
It is indeed Barry.....me and Sally checked the traps and then took a little walk about to look for a fresh set of Cat tracks. Didn't see anything but that's OK, I'm getting to old to be chasing dogs and cats around these mountains. Course Sally disagrees.

I vote with you on that one!
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My 4 year olds foot in my ear.

I trim my 4 year olds toe nails more than I trim my own. Those things are dangerous when he climbs in bed and starts flailing around! Lol!
We got just a skiff of snow this morning, no more than 1/4". It's the 1st of the winter. We've been in an inversion for 2 weeks with freezing fog all day every day. At one point in my driveway, the frost falling off the trees was actually nearly an inch deep. Hopefully this snow broke up the inversion. It's getting pretty old.
We had that inversion for a week or better.....the frost was so deep that people over in Lewiston were wrecking their cars.
Watching the evening news was down right entertaining.
Beautiful clear blue skies, high of 61. I'm going fishing smile.
Upper 50's here for my breakfast of fresh bisquits with butter and honey, along with a poached egg. Supposed to be low 70's by afternoon.
One of the dogs throwing up on the floor. Followed by one throwing up on the comforter. Oddly, not certain which one of the two is the culprit. Do you assume the one you catch eating it, done it?

As to snow, only a dusting overnight to the east of you.
I woke up to severe back pain.
Cold house.. Deer eating my bushes in the front yard.. Made a fire, put on the coffee.. My college room mate and his son came down for a cup before heading east after their elk hunt.. Hate to see them go, but it was a great visit.. Cloudy here, no new snow.. The dogs and I will make a tour, maybe shoot some target.. Wonderful to be retired.. I should go elk hunting, but that could end up being a lot of heavy work..

you're getting snow..........we need it........

have no rain or snow pushing 90+ days now........

still a couple too many buck deer hanging around the yard.........

beating up my trees & shrubs..........

[Linked Image]
woke up to Cat hunter asking permission to run a cat on the place. told him as long as he took it with him when he was finished.
A full bladder.
Originally Posted by ironbender
A full bladder.

No doubt!

Funny how two sips of anything before bed turns into getting up and peeing 3 times! laugh
A full bladder.

And a room clearing fart......
A horny wife. Life is good.
Originally Posted by Windfall

Lucky bastid.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Lucky bastid.

Not really:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM
. . . sat in my chair and read my Mustang Monthly magazine. . .

What kind of Mustang(s) you got Ed?
Stomach flu. Went to bed with the bitsch too!!
Darkness.....
Had about an inch of snow this morning. It's mostly gone now.
I thought Travis would have been all over the thread. If not Travis, maybe Clark. Where have they been anyway? Did I miss something?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Lucky bastid.

Not really:

[Linked Image]

Nice teeth!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZpYSqSCObE

Sometimes the vid embeds, sometimes it doesn't, what gives?

P
Last night I Went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up this morning at 10 with a 2.

Or is that not what you meant?
All of God’s glory! If I could figure out this dam photo thing here I’d post it.
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I thought Travis would have been all over the thread. If not Travis, maybe Clark. Where have they been anyway? Did I miss something?

April's rapidly approaching.....he's busy.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by EdM
. . . sat in my chair and read my Mustang Monthly magazine. . .

What kind of Mustang(s) you got Ed?

A 1973 Mach 1 with a factory 351 Cleveland, top loader 4 speed and 3:50 Trak-Loc 9" rear.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Woke up to the the first few flakes falling. Still have only an inch or less. Doesn't look like I'll get to fire up the still-unused brand new snowblower.

The best snow repellant in the world is a brand new snowblower!
A sick wife. Lucky me.
about 6" of snow!
We had that inversion for a week or better.....the frost was so deep that people over in Lewiston were wrecking their cars.

Charlie for your own safety stay out of town until this stuff melts....

I made the mistake of going in after some bolts and such this AM.... Just because some of these people have Idaho plates doesn't mean they can drive in snow. Idiots aplenty today. I'm not exaggerating either. One guy plowed his pickup into the side of a body shop. Took out a concrete block wall. I guess his vehicle won't need to be towed far when it comes time to get it worked on. smile
Woke up to cloudy skies and a little bit of rain. Sure need it down here. Hope it keeps up.
Originally Posted by Lonny

I made the mistake of going in after some bolts and such this AM.... Just because some of these people have Idaho plates doesn't mean they can drive in snow. Idiots aplenty today. I'm not exaggerating either. One guy plowed his pickup into the side of a body shop. Took out a concrete block wall. I guess his vehicle won't need to be towed far when it comes time to get it worked on. smile

That's just good time management. grin
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Lucky bastid.

Not really:

[Linked Image]

Now that's a black head she needs to get around to popping....

I wake up to something wonderful every morning....that involves a beautiful blonde or redhead...

Then I wake up to the real world....that doesn't involve a beautiful blonde or redhead...
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

The best snow repellant in the world is a brand new snowblower!

Except for a new snowgo you would be exactly right!

wink

The shop can get right on it then... as soon as the construction guys put up their new wall....

This rings a bell, when residing back in MN, someone skidded on ice and went thru a shop's front
garage door, that installed windshields......that was on Saturday....

The ironic thing was the Driver of the Suburban, had an appointment at 8 AM Monday morning
with the same shop, to get ( you guessed it).... his windshield replaced...

I woke up to the remains of three antelope hanging in the garage that need butchered.............

We don't know what snow is down here in the southern Rockies-at least not yet.

I knew you could find a positive in that! smile
I woke up with a boner, next to the ol lady.

Eh, turns out we both just had to pee.
Originally Posted by Seafire

The shop can get right on it then... as soon as the construction guys put up their new wall....

I think you're exactly right, because 24 hours later, the truck still still stuck partially in the building. If they pull it out, it looks like the corner of the building might collapse?

What always amazes me in this area is lots of people have 4-wheel drives, but apparently they don't know how to engage the system? You see all kinds of jacked up pickups having trouble taking off from a stop, fishtailing as they accelerate, etc...

A gal I work with commented the other day how she barely made it to work due to snow-covered roads. I asked how that could be a problem since there was only a couple inches of snow and she has a 4-wheel drive? She said she didn't use 4-wheel drive because she heard it would be hard on the vehicle!! Good grief!
I woke up hoping it is the last time I have to do so to go to work. City has a policy that one cannot take time off during the last two weeks of employment with out the city manager's approval but I hope to get an exception as I go in for knee surgery tomorrow and I will be asking to ride the recovery to retirement. Nearly 33 years of service and knowing where the bodies are buried should account for something.
This is what I used to wake up to. Sneaky SOB would climb up at night and stick his nose in my face.

[Linked Image]

Image is off the net but it looks a lot like my Ranger, RIP.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
This is what I used to wake up to. Sneaky SOB would climb up at night and stick his nose in my face.

[Linked Image]

Too often I have woken up to the other end in my face...
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

[Linked Image]

Too often I have woken up to the other end in my face...

grin grin Yeah, that happened a few times as well.
80* sunny and the ocean slapping the sea wall.

Cozumel. Life is good.

I knew you could find a positive in that! smile

I hope that wasn't Quality Collision Center on Thain......the owners a great guy.
They did a first rate job on my Taco when I hit that Deer last year.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/quality-collision-center-lewiston
Why was Jim’s dog in your bed?
Why was Jim’s dog in your bed?

laugh

Just making mine jealous...
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I woke up to severe back pain.

[Linked Image]
My first Lab would wake me in the morning by putting his chin on the bed, with his nose about 2 inches from mine and wag his tail, which moved the whole bed, causing me to open my eyes.

He was always happy when I woke! Well, except for the last morning I had him. He was right beside the bed, with Rigor set in already..

That was a bad morning for me.
That's terrible.

I hope that wasn't Quality Collision Center on Thain......the owners a great guy.

It was...

It was...

Dam......I was afraid of that.
We woke to our grand niece (10) and grand nephew (6) playing with their toys. What a great day, but boy do they keep you busy. We will take the 10 year old on her first fishing trip this summer. Their mom walked out on the family last Christmas (after 14 years).
Originally Posted by las
My first Lab would wake me in the morning by putting his chin on the bed, with his nose about 2 inches from mine and wag his tail, which moved the whole bed, causing me to open my eyes.

He was always happy when I woke! Well, except for the last morning I had him. He was right beside the bed, with Rigor set in already..

That was a bad morning for me.

I've never had a dog pass in their sleep. Always had to be the decider.

It was...

Dam......I was afraid of that.

Lonny and Charlie,

When you two started mentioning the frost and then the guy hitting the building I was thinking " I'm awfully glad I don't have to do the Thain Grade hill today" Or head from Lewiston to Moscow/Pullman.

I woke up to cold again, around 12 or 14 I think. Mostly been that lately,3-4 weeks now, the ridge of high pressure has been keeping the weather away except for about 3 hours of light rain which froze all over the decks the other night. Then up in the high 40's to low 50's during the afternoon. After which the bottom drops out when the sun goes behind the hill. We're a bit behind on snowpack so I sure wish we'd get some of that for a few days. The freezing rain can stay away for the rest of winter though.

Fortunately, the little bit of freezing fog we get is mostly over toward town where the river is. And fortunately we don't have much traffic either.

I hope you fellas have a great holiday there in the Clearwater/Snake area. I miss it, but I'm glad I don't have to do those hills with ice on them. wink
Haven't hit the minuses yet.......................... thankfully!

Good luck with your traps.

G'night,

Geno
[quote=Jim in Idaho]This is what I used to wake up to. Sneaky SOB would climb up at night and stick his nose in my face.

[Linked Image]

Image is off the net but it looks a lot like my Ranger, RIP.[/quote

God Damn that's a hellava good lookin dog!!
Doggie here at deer lease
© 24hourcampfire