Home
_
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-home-according-police-report/964018001/

quote/

Police were called to the home Saturday night by Sarah Palin, where her husband was found to be bleeding from cuts on his head,
according to an affidavit by Wasilla Police Officer Adam LaPointe. Todd Palin told police the dispute began when his son, Track Palin, 28,
called to retrieve his truck.

Palin, 53, said he told his son not to come over but was told that he would come anyway to “beat his ass,” LaPointe wrote, according to
the Anchorage Daily News. The elder Palin said he fetched a pistol to protect his family.

Track Palin told police he broke a window, disarmed his father and put him on the ground and hit him around the head, the newspaper reported.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-alaska-palin-20171218-story.html

quote/

When Todd Palin, 53, confronted his son at the door with a pistol, the younger Palin broke a window and entered the house and started beating
his father, according to court filings. Palin pushed his father to the ground and hit him repeatedly on the head, the documents say.

Sarah Palin called police at 8:30 p.m. and said her son was “freaking out and was on some type of medication.”

When police arrived, they saw Todd and Sarah Palin fleeing the house in separate vehicles, Todd Palin with blood running down his face and
Sarah Palin looking “visibly upset,” the documents say.

Police confronted Track Palin in the home. He called them “peasants” and told them to lay down their weapons, according to the documents.
Eventually, Palin left the house and was placed in handcuffs.

He told police that when he arrived at the house, his father aimed his gun at him, and he urged his father to shoot him several times before
entering the house, according to the documents.
Laskans.
Sounds like they need a warmer climate. Maybe West Virginia or Arkansas......
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Laskans.

Sillabillies.....
Laskans.

Nah, just a doper bein' a doper.

Drugs are a "victimless" crime, remember?

Ed
so much wrong with that.

meeting your kid at the door with a gun

beating your dad over the head
He's lucky he is white. A black man would have been shot dead by police.
This will pretty much destroy any credibility Sarah Palin will have in the future. Your personal and family life is a reflection of you principles. Sorry to hear about this. I expected different.
Sucks to raise a kid to have him become a man and then deal with his severe drug and severe mental health problems, don’t wish that on anyone.
That family has been through hell. Not to in any way excuse Track's behavior, but I can only pity him(and them) honestly.
Originally Posted by 45_100
This will pretty much destroy any credibility Sarah Palin will have in the future. Your personal and family life is a reflection of you principles. Sorry to hear about this. I expected different.

Not Sarah nor Todd's principles. See AlaskaCub's response.

Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Sucks to raise a kid to have him become a man and then deal with his severe drug and severe mental health problems, don’t wish that on anyone.

Ed
Sounds like a sad deal that could happen to anyone. Sorry to hear it. Beware of gloating
I felt she was a very poor choice for VP, though I've always agreed with her politically. Her family has not been good for her, and I really hate to see this happen.
Starman must be masturbating in his basement over this.
Thanks Ed and AlaskaCub for clearing that up.

My best friend is selling his fishing lodge in AK and moving down here. He's had enough of the Alaska drug culture.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

My best friend is selling his fishing lodge in AK and moving down here. He's had enough of the Alaska drug culture.

I wish him luck, drug culture isn’t isolated to just Alaska.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Laskans.

Ed

Bingo!

Drugs and drug users suck!
I know of several good parents that had kids turn out like sshhitt. Sometimes it aint the parents fault. Most of them come back to normal though.
Bo will be along shortly to set ya'll straight.

I wish him luck, drug culture isn’t isolated to just Alaska.

Could happen to anyone. The Kennedy family is a perfect example.
I can't believe that any of the Palin's are still in the news.
If the Palins were democrats, it would be a badge of honor to have this family strife. Another reason for more funding for druge enforcement and rehabilitation. But running with the republicans, it will be a point of shame that will be used against them. That's how it will play out.
Originally Posted by EdM

They are because it is a point of embarrassment that the media will not let pass. If they were democrats, it would be hushed up.
Originally Posted by EdM

I can't help but think that the Palin family hates their notoriety? I know I would ifI had been subjected to all the crap they've endured.
Starfish= liberal troll... move on.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
If the Palins were democrats, it would be a badge of honor to have this family strife. Another reason for more funding for druge enforcement and rehabilitation. But running with the republicans, it will be a point of shame that will be used against them. That's how it will play out.

Exactly. I can't even put into words my hatred for the hypocrisy of the left.
I feel bad for the Palin's. Obviously the son has serious issue's, probably drug related. Fame and fortune can make these situations worse.

Absolutely! I googled real quick to see the history of Tracks military service. I was working at Ft Wainwright when Sarah was running and I remember her son being assigned to a Stryker unit in Alaska that deployed to Iraq. All google pulled up was liberal news trying to discredit his service in Iraq, trying to minimize his combat experience. The left is [bleep] sick!
Way too early for cabin fever.
Gene pool's kinda shallow.

Amen.

Anyone leaving Alaska and expecting fewer drugs down south should rethink their expectations.
So drug abuse is that bad in Alaska? That's a pity. It's mostly crystal meth in Idaho , far as I know? Hellish stuff.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Starman must be masturbating in his basement over this.

My first thought as well. I'd bet he's bleeding.
So drug abuse is that bad in Alaska? That's a pity. It's mostly crystal meth in Idaho , far as I know? Hellish stuff.

Folks are more susceptible to drugs here, because we all been on television.
A little family squabble?
Sweet, Alaskan Bush People is back for another season!
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I figured maybe it was the cold, long winters and short daylight hours that contributes to the problem? OK I realize you're being sarcastic, w4b, but I don't watch much TV, and I've never been to Alaska.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Probably jumped on a Red-eye to go help defend..
Your personal and family life is a reflection of you principles.

For your personal behavior, sure. Unfortunately there's that old adage; you can choose your friends but you don't get to choose your family.

Throw in drugs and ya got a disaster, not if but when.
Originally Posted by 340boy
That family has been through hell.

Those Palins, no family unit should ever have to endure the adversity and pain they have faced.
Track is a vet, right?

Absolutely! I googled real quick to see the history of Tracks military service. I was working at Ft Wainwright when Sarah was running and I remember her son being assigned to a Stryker unit in Alaska that deployed to Iraq. All google pulled up was liberal news trying to discredit his service in Iraq, trying to minimize his combat experience. The left is [bleep] sick!

My explain why father was afraid enough of him to meet him at the door with a pistol.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

My explain why father was afraid enough of him to meet him at the door with a pistol.

Why doesn't matter. The situation speaks for itself. I am generally sympathetic to Sarah and Todd.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone leaving Alaska and expecting fewer drugs down south should rethink their expectations.

Ain't that the truth.

I didn't realize things were that bad up there..?

They've all been white trash from the beginning, please give me a break.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Laskans.

Ed

Bingo!

Drugs and drug users suck!

Mostly the life out of society, in general!
I imagine the left is going to make some hay on this. Probably demonize the Palin family and use it for some strange political statement.

But, remember that Track Palin is an Iraq combat vet and is said to suffer from PTSD. I don't know if he fell into drugs like so many of those men do, but Alaska has a terrible drug problem.

If this must somehow play into the political theater let it play like this. Track is a representation of just how the Obama administration treated combat vets.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I imagine the left is going to make some hay on this. Probably demonize the Palin family and use it for some strange political statement.

The left's fault!

But, remember that Track Palin is an Iraq combat vet and is said to suffer from PTSD. I don't know if he fell into drugs like so many of those men do, but Alaska has a terrible drug problem.

Alaska's fault!

If this must somehow play into the political theater let it play like this. Track is a representation of just how the Obama administration treated combat vets.

Obama's fault!
Originally Posted by add

The left's fault!

Alaska's fault!

Obama's fault!

Well..... If the left shows extreme insensitivity to the actions of a man who served his country and suffers for it, while at the same time holding up some damned thug who assaulted a police officer then charged him resulting in him getting shot. Yeah, I'd say that is their fault.

I can't imagine how hard it is to interdict drugs in a state like Alaska. Damn near impossible in Ohio which has a very bad problem, so much harder in a huge state like Alaska.

Anybody who thinks Obama and his administration is not directly and knowingly responsible for failing our vets is a [bleep] fool.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Track is a vet, right?

Yep.

I don't know what he saw/did in Iraq, but it's reported he came back "changed".

Of course, he managed to find trouble in HS.

I figured maybe it was the cold, long winters and short daylight hours that contributes to the problem? OK I realize you're being sarcastic, w4b, but I don't watch much TV, and I've never been to Alaska.

Ya ought to fix the last part bubba!
wink
Originally Posted by J23

Ain't that the truth.

I didn't realize things were that bad up there..?

No different than down in America really.

If you want some, it can be found. Most manage to avoid it.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Track is a vet, right?

Yep.

So you knew him in HS?
Originally Posted by Bocefish
Track is a vet, right?

Yep.

So you knew him in HS?

Is that what I said?

Ya ought to fix the last part bubba!
wink

I'm working on it! 😎

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

What do you mean by white trash? Are you using that like white people do when they use the N word?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What do you mean by white trash? Are you using that like white people do when they use the N word?

Yes,
When you stand on your moral ground of conservative beliefs, and run your political campaign platform on those given rules...then have your own families actions contradict, by getting knocked up out of wedlock & an opiate abuser that assaults his father ?

Last I saw there were many threads with members saying let the opiate addicts die, it purges our society of the unclean...now "we" feel bad the son is a druggie that thumped his Dad ? Stay consistent people, Palin doesn't get a pass because she's "conservative".

Like I said, their true colors have been flown for a while,,,hanging out with Ted Nugent at the White House doesn't change 1 thing, they're white trash.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

All I know is that Sarah told the cops that Track was “freaking out” and “on some type of medication.”
This was after he climbed onto the garage roof and called the cops “peasants.”

In the 2016 incident, Sarah made these statements:
“When my own son is going through what he goes though coming back, I can certainly relate to other families who feel these ramifications of PTSD ... our soldiers do return with," she added. "And it makes me realize more than ever it is now or never for the sake of America’s finest that we have a commander-in-chief who will respect them.”
“I guess it’s kind of the elephant in the room — because my own family, going through what we’re going through today with my son, a combat vet having served in a Stryker brigade fighting for you all, America, in the war zone. It’s a shame that our military personnel even have to question, have to wonder if they’re respected anymore. It starts from the top … the question, though, that comes from our own president where they have to look at him and wonder, ‘Do you know what we go through? Do you know what we’re trying to do to secure America and to secure the freedoms that have been bequeathed us?'”

Yes,
When you stand on your moral ground of conservative beliefs, and run your political campaign platform on those given rules...then have your own families actions contradict, by getting knocked up out of wedlock & an opiate abuser that assaults his father ?

Last I saw there were many threads with members saying let the opiate addicts die, it purges our society of the unclean...now "we" feel bad the son is a druggie that thumped his Dad ? Stay consistent people, Palin doesn't get a pass because she's "conservative".

Like I said, their true colors have been flown for a while,,,hanging out with Ted Nugent at the White House doesn't change 1 thing, they're white trash.

Sarah's words and the path she has walked are Class.

Your words are trash. I do not know if you are white or not.
Chit happens.

The biggest take away I get from this story is to not pull a gun unless you intend to use it...

Someone may take it away from you, and use it themselves.
Guess I'da had to shoot the little peckerhead.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Yes,

BOW,
I have to agree.

Bwana,
Anyone that throws around the words "white trash" is no better than someone that calls a black person a "n!@#%r", IMO.

Yes,

Haha, yep planned parenthood & opiate addiction not being on the fore front of this country's problems...are great words of wisdom from her, unless it's HER family of course.

GFY
There were lots of failures during the Hussein administration. Also a lot of corruption. That will be his legacy!
I'm really happy no one was killed or injured beyond repair. Other than that I will not pass judgement on a situation we really know nothing about. The Palen's have been hounded by the liberal media and subjected to an anal inspection that no one short or Roy Moore has been given. I hope they can put this incident behind them.

Yes,

I am against using public money to revive people who choose to take recreational drugs and overdose themselves. If they want to buy Narcan for themselves and have a friend or family member administer it that is fine with me, but public money shouldn't be wasted on people who self-inflect injury upon themselves. IMO, an addict who dies from an overdoes has reaped his/her reward for choosing to use recreational drugs and make no mistake, every addict makes a conscious choice to use recreational drugs, at least for the first time.

Yes,

BOW,
I have to agree.

Bwana,
Anyone that throws around the words "white trash" is no better than someone that calls a black person a "n!@#%r", IMO.

"White Trash" is a term only used by White Trash.
Poster child family of the conservatives...
The morons are starting to arrive with Walt wiping up the rear...
Is that really ole Walt using the handle Northman?

If so his spelling has improved but sadly not his thought process.

It's actually worse if a white person uses it than if a white person uses the N-word. It shows self-loathing and disloyalty to one's family.
So we can not use the term white trash anymore?
I suppose we are not allowed to use the word wigger to describe people like Eminem ether.

I hear corn fields and the anhydrous tanks they drag to fertilize them are perfectly innocuous when it comes to meth culture SHHhhhh!
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Is that really ole Walt using the handle Northman?

If so his spelling has improved but sadly not his thought process.

Nah, it's still just as atrocious..and idiotic.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I suppose we are not allowed to use the word wigger to describe people like Eminem ether.

It appears not smile Some of the Senior members make self serving rules, we should jusy play along.

"White Trash" is a term only used by White Trash.

Ok Whitey,
My language is far more subtle than most here, and I don't give a chiit what you think.

Yes,

You understand that parents can have a set of beliefs and values that their children don't adopt right. They do move beyond our sphere of influence.
You have to admit the "Campfire" is the litmus test for virtue and character. With all the friends of Steelhead and other disgusting posts on this board, it is a mystery why America doesn't come here for a moral compass.
So does this make Harry Reid et al the 'white trash' family of liberals?
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You have to admit the "Campfire" is the litmus test for virtue and character. With all the friends of Steelhead and other disgusting posts on this board, it is a mystery why America doesn't come here for a moral compass.

It's pretty clear you don't have a clue. If you don't like the Fire, waste time, ours and yours, somewhere else.

Ed

Indeed.

AODA is a glass house that most families find themselves living in without any blame whatsoever accruing to anyone but the person abusing drugs. Even moreso with serious mental illness. And the move-in date is never of your choosing.

Throwing stones from that position is highly problematic. The folks who do soon find themselves dealing with a cold draft.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Chit happens.

The biggest take away I get from this story is to not pull a gun unless you intend to use it...

That's my take on it as well.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Chit happens.

That's my take on it as well.

Having had to actually consider it (for BIL,not son) and not wanting to deal with the family relationship consequences, it becomes very important to have more tools than just the "hammer".

Ed

Indeed.

AODA is a glass house that most families find themselves living in without any blame whatsoever accruing to anyone but the person abusing drugs. Even moreso with serious mental illness. And the move-in date is never of your choosing.

Throwing stones from that position is highly problematic. The folks who do soon find themselves dealing with a cold draft.

As usual I’m in complete agreement with you and appreciate your thoughts. The notion that addiction is what happens from lack of good parenting, morals, or principles is false on its face. If the addiction accompanies mental illness it is magnified by several orders of magnitude. I fault the parents of addicts (not all) as much as I fault the parents of a child with leukemia. If you’ve never had those struggles and your grown children never had those problems I’d suggest falling to your knees and thanking God and pray that your grandchildren are as lucky. My heart ached for Biden loosing his son to cancer the same as my hearts aches for the Palins; authentically and without regard to their political affiliations.

Our boys are coming home from war and struggling with PTSD while society looks down their noses at them and their “weakness”. I dream of the good things I could do if I hit the powerball and while a new truck and boat would be my selfish indulgence I dream of being able to use that to create a place where our vets could deal with their demons and overcome their illness. There’s a man in West Virginia that would be my first stop to visit and seek advice from because not a day goes by that I don’t think of his son or the grace with which he’s displayed in spite of such a heartbreaking loss. The number of brave warriors that we lose everyday to suicide is a national disgrace!
... & an opiate abuser...

Surely you have proof of this? Link?

Ed

Indeed.

I think that a significant number of people diagnosed with some sort of mental illness are a product of the health system, otherwise psychiatrists and psychologists wouldn't have enough "real" patients to justify their existence.

One of my oldest friends has had to deal with a son who is addicted to oxycontin and alcohol. The man has been in and out of drug rehab multiple times over the past 15 years and continues to tear his family apart. About a year ago, his mother told me that she wished that he would die, so that the family could start to heal. The last time I heard from him he asked for a "loan" and hung up on me when I told him that I wouldn't be his enabler.

As usual I’m in complete agreement with you and appreciate your thoughts. The notion that addiction is what happens from lack of good parenting, morals, or principles is false on its face. If the addiction accompanies mental illness it is magnified by several orders of magnitude. I fault the parents of addicts (not all) as much as I fault the parents of a child with leukemia. If you’ve never had those struggles and your grown children never had those problems I’d suggest falling to your knees and thanking God and pray that your grandchildren are as lucky. My heart ached for Biden loosing his son to cancer the same as my hearts aches for the Palins; authentically and without regard to their political affiliations.

Our boys are coming home from war and struggling with PTSD while society looks down their noses at them and their “weakness”. I dream of the good things I could do if I hit the powerball and while a new truck and boat would be my selfish indulgence I dream of being able to use that to create a place where our vets could deal with their demons and overcome their illness. There’s a man in West Virginia that would be my first stop to visit and seek advice from because not a day goes by that I don’t think of his son or the grace with which he’s displayed in spite of such a heartbreaking loss. The number of brave warriors that we lose everyday to suicide is a national disgrace!

Good post.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Yes,

I am against using public money to revive people who choose to take recreational drugs and overdose themselves. If they want to buy Narcan for themselves and have a friend or family member administer it that is fine with me, but public money shouldn't be wasted on people who self-inflect injury upon themselves. IMO, an addict who dies from an overdoes has reaped his/her reward for choosing to use recreational drugs and make no mistake, every addict makes a consciou s choice to use recreational drugs, at least for the first time.

And no health care for people with bad diets. No saving drunk drivers. Or speeding/ careless drivers. Anyone who bad choice.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Ok Sharpnel.
humans, needless to say of what political expression, are a violent species. we kill things. even each other. don't believe it? just look it up, and do a bit of research.

folks here on the Urth are trying to survive, in the face of many challenges and difficulties.

said another way, corrollary damage is not to be desired, but it exists.

i wonder what is it going to take for humans to become civilized? are there too many males, full of testosterone, walking around and causing trouble?

it's something to think about, even though no one is about to take any kind of action.
Originally Posted by add

The left's fault!

Alaska's fault!

Obama's fault!

Well..... If the left shows extreme insensitivity to the actions of a man who served his country and suffers for it, while at the same time holding up some damned thug who assaulted a police officer then charged him resulting in him getting shot. Yeah, I'd say that is their fault.

I can't imagine how hard it is to interdict drugs in a state like Alaska. Damn near impossible in Ohio which has a very bad problem, so much harder in a huge state like Alaska.

Anybody who thinks Obama and his administration is not directly and knowingly responsible for failing our vets is a [bleep] fool.

Sorry, I don't agree with this.

While PTSD does exist, I'm getting a bit tired of it getting trotted out as a defense against all bad behavior. I personally know a local dopehead that trots out the PTSD defense every time he's busted with dope. He had a job as a civilian forklift driver on Bagram air base for a while and he tries to use the fact that he was once in Afghanistan as an excuse for being a dopehead. Fortunately very few fall for it.

The Palins live on a lake in Wasilla, they're four miles from a Walmart Supercenter. They're not living in some remote village where drugs are harder to interdict than in Ohio.

There's no bigger Obama hater than me, but this isn't his fault. Sometimes a punk is just a punk and needs either locking up or his butt kicked, or both.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

No indeed. I don't believe in censorship. I merely am of the opinion that using such disparaging terms is ugly, and often, if not always, says more about the person using the term than anything else.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Sounds like they need a warmer climate. Maybe West Virginia or Arkansas......

West Virginia isn't for everyone and that's a good thing. smile
The people I met and talked to in Alaska were conservative people but had nothing for the Palins. Said she was not what she seems on TV. Trash was one of the descriptions used.
My opinion was favorable from what I saw of her but the family dynamics indicate that something isn't quite right.
As a man and a father I can't imagine one of my sons coming in my house and whipping my ass. I would fight like a tiger to make sure that didn't happen.And I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they challenged me.

Likely most everyone has their own demons to deal with, but a PTSD victim's family/friends are forced to also share the victim's suffering. I was a PTSD skeptic until after a non-drinking/druggie Christian relative returned after one year service in Afghanistan. Two weeks in,his base unit was suicide bombed and under face to face fire for thirty six hours. For the next several months he lived in fear of food poison, (friendly soldier suicide bombers) , from the Afgahns friends within their compound. Yes PTSD is real and crushes everyone surrounding it. GW
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The people I met and talked to in Alaska were conservative people but had nothing for the Palins. Said she was not what she seems on TV. Trash was one of the descriptions used.
My opinion was favorable from what I saw of her but the family dynamics indicate that something isn't quite right.
As a man and a father I can't imagine one of my sons coming in my house and whipping my ass. I would fight like a tiger to make sure that didn't happen.And I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they challenged me.

Before the good people of Alaska let Sarah and her family get run out of office with feverous law suits, she had the highest approval ratings of any governor in the country.
Every state but Alaska protected their governors from that trash treatment. Alaska did not get around to doing that until after she was gone.
Was not an issue prior.
Sarah Palin has mentioned the issue of vets and PTSD and tries to relate issue to her sons problems with the law...

From my understanding he was in a combat zone, but was assigned to an armored vehicle based 'air guard' role
that looked after the security of high brass away from the frontline.

Question -
does Track Palin actually have verifiable medically diagnosed combat related PTSD..?

did he earn a CIB signifying active ground combat?

calling LE peasants, it is possible he actually suffers from Palin related Affluenza?

Sarah Palin has mentioned the issue of vets and PTSD and tries to relate issue to her sons problems with the law...

She's looking the wrong direction. She needs to look inward. When her oldest child was only 3 years old, she entered politics and has been active ever since. She's never been home to be a mother. You can argue women's rights or women's emancipation all you like, but when Mom is out in the workforce and not home with the kids, the kids will suffer. They need to know that Mom is always right there to help them through the small problems and that Dad will be home later to help her solve the big ones. She wasn't there. She was at city council meetings, running around campaigning for this or that issue, or sitting in the statehouse. You can't do that and expect your kids to have a normal home life. Women's lib has been very destructive to our country.
I hate he is having trouble! I’m lucky, my three seem to be wired correctly!!
Originally Posted by hanco
I hate he is having trouble! I’m lucky, my three seem to be wired correctly!!

Same, same.
Hope and prayers that they can eventually work it out and that Track can get to a better place .
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

She's looking the wrong direction. She needs to look inward. When her oldest child was only 3 years old, she entered politics and has been active ever since. She's never been home to be a mother. You can argue women's rights or women's emancipation all you like, but when Mom is out in the workforce and not home with the kids, the kids will suffer. They need to know that Mom is always right there to help them through the small problems and that Dad will be home later to help her solve the big ones. She wasn't there. She was at city council meetings, running around campaigning for this or that issue, or sitting in the statehouse. You can't do that and expect your kids to have a normal home life. Women's lib has been very destructive to our country.

Good Grief! Sarah was talking about having a better understanding of what other vets and their families are going though. Telling them that they were not alone and offering help.

Sarah has always had tremendous family support with Todd, grandparents, and other family members. Her kids have traveled with her so much that she has been criticized many times for them getting so much stage time.

The only valid criticism is the notoriety and lack of privacy that comes with the family of anyone in public life. The Palins have had the same problems as many other families, but theirs always makes the news.

The plus side has been their chance to see Mom in action and the difference she has made. Most kids with working Moms do not get that opportunity.
© 24hourcampfire