Home
Sure, we're all excited about the upcoming Championship game between Georgia and Alabama, but there is still another game to play. It's the FCS championship between 14-0 James Madison University and 13-1 North Dakota State. JMU won their semifinal 51-16 and NDS won theirs 55-13. Could be a track meet.

Saturday 1/6, 12:00 EST on ESPN2
D2?
I guess so. I haven't followed it closely enough to keep track of the name changes. I got into it because my nephew goes to JMU. I watched both semifinals and they were pretty exciting for blowouts. The final should be a good game.
Originally Posted by natman
Sure, we're all excited about the upcoming Championship game between Georgia and Alabama, but there is still another game to play. It's the FCS championship between 14-0 James Madison University and 13-1 North Dakota State. JMU won their semifinal 51-16 and NDS won theirs 55-13. Could be a track meet.

Saturday 1/6, 12:00 EST on ESPN2

Ga vs AL... sleep sleep sleep

I'd much rather watch two teams of students athletes play for their division's national championship. I don't watch paid professional football anymore. Thanks for the heads up.
Division I Football Championship Subdivision
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'd much rather watch two teams of students athletes play for their division's national championship. I don't watch paid professional football anymore. Thanks for the heads up.

^^^^^
This
I’ll be watching. My UCA Bears laid a big egg in the 2nd round against UNH, but still an FCS fan. Should be a good one!!
Rooting for NDSU up here. They have a long history of success and just go about their business of winning games. They really don't care much if the outside world notices or not. They just like to win. Coming from Division 2 Youngstown State University, who's won a few of these championships itself, this is the culture at Div. II. Nice to see the kids playing as much for the love of the game as for anything else. Go NDSU!

Rooting for NDSU
Originally Posted by ironbender
D2?

No its not D2. Its one level above. FCS......Division 1 Football Championship Series....used to be called 1-AA. NDSU and Madison would probably win the Sunbelt or the MAC and compete well with mediocre to poor P5 teams.

The G5 is filled with former FCS teams that "moved up".....Middle Tennesee, UCF, App State, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, etc. Now instead of competing for the FCS national championship they compete for a slot in the "access bowl" which this year was the peach bowl which UCF won. Short of that they go to little toilet bowls if they get bowl eligible.

Anyway, its little to any difference in the top of FCS and the G5 except the G5 can give more scholarships being "FBS schools".

GO BISON!!
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by luv2safari

^^^^^
This

I tried watching college ball over the past few weeks, but I seen too much "attitude" to make it palatable to watch....too many flagrant personal fouls...ignored by the coaching staffs. Too much "it's all about me" attitude being done by players who probably couldn't pass a remedial high school english or math test....no thanks...I'll pass....
Darn. I have to go quail hunting.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Darn. I have to go quail hunting.

D V R
Great game for NDSU fans so far. Vicious hits bordering on personal fouls. Refs need to tighten up the rules.
Great game! Congrats to the Bison on #6.
It was a good game. I'm happy my last football game for the season was exciting to the last minute.

I'm going hunting Monday and Tuesday, a lot more fun than watching semi-pro football.

As for the NFL playoffs, the kneelers can KMA.
Great game
© 24hourcampfire