Home
It might be a bit cold in the Northern Hemisphere, but reports from the Sydney Cricket Ground, where Australia are playing England, are that the temperature in the centre peaked at 57.6C this afternoon - near enough to 136F. A bit warm for the visitors out in the field, especially with Australia piling on a lead of 300 runs.

They must be plum wore out running the bases with 300 runs........in a 136 degree temps no less......
Mad dogs and Englishmen!
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

They must be plum wore out running the bases with 300 runs........in a 136 degree temps no less......

The blokes hitting the ball won't be near as wore out as the blokes chasing after it, I suspect

How many days has the match been going on? I had a blast playing Cricket when I lived in England...

almost as much fun as trying to teach the Limeys to play baseball, which they wanted to learn so much..

the concept of boundaries really blew their minds...
Originally Posted by Seafire
How many days has the match been going on?

It is day four. Australia declared its first innings at 7/649, 303 runs ahead. England was 4/70 in its second innings at stumps, and facing the prospect of holding out for another full day if they are to draw the match tomorrow.

I dunno why the Poms would have a problem with learning baseball, it is a comparatively simple game, and everyone's happy enough if you just manage to hit the ball once when you get a bat ;-)
© 24hourcampfire