Home
Posted By: hanco Who’s pulling for Case Keenum - 01/13/18
If he gets Vikings to the Super Bowl and wins, is he the biggest Cinderella story ever??
There be a two letter word that has a huge impact on things.

I. F.
Who are the Vikings? And what is the Super Bowl?
He seems like a pretty cool, laid back guy on the interviews I’ve seen. Not a drama queen from what I can tell.
I haven’t watched much fb, but from what I have seen, they Vikings and Case will have their hands full.
Many thoughts:

1. Vikings fans have been here and know how this ends for them.
2. I am perfectly ok with having it end that way for them.
3. He seems like an ok kid and I have no problem with him.
4. His story is not better than Kurt Warner's or frankly even close to it, so no, he's not the greatest Cinderella story ever.
To be honest, I cant wholeheartedly endorse Keenum or Team Purple,

Envy is a hard pill to swallow.

Looks like game of the weekend.
Was at local Minneapolis area gun/archery store couple days ago. People there are ga ga over the queens, I could give a rats ass.
Anyway they said Keenum bought all of his offensive linemen a new shotgun.
I forgot about Kurt Warner!
Hmmm...Been here before Vikings fans??? Thought so...
Case went to UH, my mom graduated from there, I like pulling for an underdog. He seems like a good man!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Who are the Vikings? And what is the Super Bowl?

^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by hanco
Case went to UH, my mom graduated from there, I like pulling for an underdog. He seems like a good man!

Agreed, even though I am a Packer fan, I am pulling for him.

(If asked, I shall disavow I ever said this grin )
I predict the Vikes will go all the way to the Super Bowl.

After all, what better way to disappoint your fans than to lose yet another Super Bowl and for the first time at the home field no less.

Case seems pretty decent as a person from the little I have heard and seen. That is a lot better than many of the QBs I have met since Fran Tarkington.
They've had some interesting personalities at QB over there, no denying that. Wade Wilson, Daunte Culpepper, Tommy Kramer...
sick sick sick sick No more “Felon League” for me!!
Screw the NFL.

The Alabama - Georgia game was the best EVER!

DMc : )
The Vikings in the Super Bowl? LMFAO....
Your probably right, pulling for an overachiever
Originally Posted by sgt217
Hmmm...Been here before Vikings fans??? Thought so...

Hey, I didn’t say they were going to the super bowl. In fact I highly doubt they will. It’s the Vikings you’re talking about here. I expect them to fail in spectacular fashion.

But Case seems like a guy anyone in here could drink a honey Weiss with and BS about ballistics.
One minute you guys are bashing the NFL on every thread and the next you’re starting threads supporting it. Hypocritical morons..
Read this article written by Case Keenum. How can you not pull for a guy like that?

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/case-keenum-vikings-playoffs/
Definitely don't want a saints win.
Sorry, Go Saints!!!
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Blow!! Saints!!!

Fixt

smile
Case Keenum is a home town kid for us. He grew up here and won a TX High School State Championship for one of our local High Schools 12 or 13 years ago. While playing his Collegiate career at U of Houston, he broke all the NCAA records for most yards & most TD's.
He's a great kid and very humble too.
I liked that article
Great to see a guy that had been pretty much written off get another chance and prove a lot of people wrong. Seems like a good guy that has worked his butt off to get where he is right now. Can't help but root for the guy(as long as the Packers are out of it this year).

[bleep] the NFL.
I liked that article

Me, too. Great read.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Case Keenum is a home town kid for us. He grew up here and won a TX High School State Championship for one of our local High Schools 12 or 13 years ago. While playing his Collegiate career at U of Houston, he broke all the NCAA records for most yards & most TD's.

Read the article I linked above. Great kid. You want to root for a guy like that.

And I also want to say, the Vikings have not had one single player kneel this year. Coach Zimmer and GM Spielman have focused on bringing in high character guys who can also play football.
Yep. Great article!
Kid is a winner. Just needed the right fit.
If he gets Vikings to the Super Bowl and wins, is he the biggest Cinderella story ever??

Does he play defense??
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Does he play defense??

Not sure what this even means. The Vikings finished the regular season with the # 1 defense in the league.

If you don't know what you're talking about, why even post?
He's a good man and a good player. I'm all in on him. Go Vikings!
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
He's a good man and a good player. I'm all in on him. Go Vikings!

cool
Cool article
I will watch since they ain’t kneelers
Today I'm a YUGE Saints fan.........
Cool article
It would be unfortunate if Keenum was slammed to the ground and suffered a broken collar bone.
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
It would be unfortunate if Keenum was slammed to the ground and suffered a broken collar bone.

that never happens in tennis.
what was the penalty called on that play,anyway? whistle
Originally Posted by tzone
Not a drama queen from what I can tell.

Unlike all those who care so little about the NFL yet take precious time to post in every thread on said topic, to make sure everybody knows just how little they care.
Did the Vikes bring in Ray Finkle as an advisor?

[Linked Image]
I hope Vikings win, even though I’m a saints fan.
Drew Brees and Saint's coach Sean Peyton are both big anti-gun liberals. FUGG em!

Naw. He would be smart enough to tuck his arm in and not extend it out on a legal play like that.
Vikings score first possession
It's a cruel joke that these Vikings are doing to their loyal Minnesotan fans. They get the fans hopes up every 15 or 20 years just to crush them after one playoff game or so. Sad.

On the other hand, I'm sure those in the Land of 10,000 Lakes are enjoying a little recognition, some Grain Belt Beer, and some sort of hot dish made of cheese and tater tots whilst watching the game. smile
10 to 0 first quarter
I wonder if helps Case to know he can play all out cause he has a good QB behind him?
Vikes are looking good!
He's gotten good because he has embraced virtual reality reps as part of his regular training regimen, allowing him to "work" about two extra hours per day getting in over 200 extra reps per day without wearing out.

Just shows that hard work gets a person where others can't go.
17 to 0 now
Drew Brees and Saint's coach Sean Peyton are both big anti-gun liberals. FUGG em!

Didn't know that, fugg em.
Even better reason for them to lose!!!!

Peyton has made some vague anti-gun comments, but I think you are taking what Brees said out of context...

“People are going to make arguments now about gun control. And it just seems to me … This is about the way … the way human beings treat other human beings …”

He was saying that it's a problem with society NOT with guns. Comments were made after Will Smith got murdered.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
On the other hand, I'm sure those in the Land of 10,000 Lakes are enjoying a little recognition, some Grain Belt Beer, and some sort of hot dish made of cheese and tater tots whilst watching the game. smile

That would be cream of mushroom soup and tater tots, not cheese. It's not Wisconsin, ya know.
smile
Damn 17 to 7. Then a pick. damn
20 to 14. Defense best tighten up
21 to 20. We now find out how good Case is

Missed field goal is big
at the buzzer!!!
They pulled it out, one of best games I’ve ever seen!!!
Incredible!
They pulled it out, one of best games I’ve ever seen!!!

What about pphuck the NFL?
Hell of a game. They had some help from the saints DB covering that last play.
I've been telling y'all ole Case Keenum is a winner! Nearly every High School game he won, he'd come from behind and throw the winning TD pass at the last minute. Kid doesn't know the meaning of the word quit!
Damn that was a great game.
Amazing finish
Amazing finish

Again. What about pphuck the NFL?
NO blew it, plain & simple.................

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

True.
Think the Vikings give Keenum a deal in the off season? Can't help but like the guy, and I'm a Packer fan.
What a game!!!
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Think the Vikings give Keenum a deal in the off season? Can't help but like the guy, and I'm a Packer fan.

I'm just looking forward to next year. Rodgers will be back.
The Vikings have a quarterback problem. Most teams doing good to have one good one.
The Vikings have a quarterback problem. Most teams doing good to have one good one.

Do you know how many posts you have trashing the NFL? I know it’s hard for you to put together a complete sentence, so a simple yes or no will do.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Hell of a game. They had some help from the saints DB covering that last play.

That DB took a dive, literally. All he had to do was grab the guy and hang on. Instead he wiffed, not even close.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Yep. that CB looked like he was trying to get out of the way of that receiver. All he had to do was tackle him.
SKOL SKOL
Originally Posted by Mike74

I'm just looking forward to next year. Rodgers will be back.
The Vikings are looking forward to that too.
I don’t like the N.... Football League at all, but I do like Case Keenum. I wouldn’t have watched, but I understand the Vikings haven’t been kneeling this year.

That’s two complete sentences.

Keenum and Thielen. Two big stories already.
Saw the highlights on the local news here, and of course, Case being a local kid, to hear them, they think Case Keenum is the next Joe Montana 😜
I don’t like the N.... Football League at all, but I do like Case Keenum. I wouldn’t have watched, but I understand the Vikings haven’t been kneeling this year.

That’s two complete sentences.

Close enough. Tell your daughter thanks, hypocrite.
Saw the highlights on the local news here, and of course, Case being a local kid, to hear them, they think Case Keenum is the next Joe Montana 😜

You watched the game, blow smoke somewhere else.
I did
I did

That’s more like you.
Great game!

I watched and am glad I did - been a Vikes fan for a looong time. Would be awesome to see them play at home for the SB. Love the fact that Keenum and Diggs are both proud Christians!
OK. I think I've finally settled down enough to type.

HOLY CRAP!! Those kind of games NEVER go our way!! HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
Thank you!
Perhaps now, the curse has been broken. It is the VIKINGS time. At least past Philly..
Great game. I love this kid. Go Vikings!

In the AFC, go Jaguars! I've had about enough of the Patriots.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
OK. I think I've finally settled down enough to type.

HOLY CRAP!! Those kind of games NEVER go our way!! HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

I'm still not settled. So happy, what a damn game. Skol Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been telling y'all ole Case Keenum is a winner! Nearly every High School game he won, he'd come from behind and throw the winning TD pass at the last minute. Kid doesn't know the meaning of the word quit!

Amen!!
Good games today, enjoyed em with my papa johns triple pepperoni.
Four lead changes in the last three minutes. What a game!

It just goes to show it doesn't matter how thoroughly you dominate the other team, you still need to put as many points on the board as possible. The long field goal that the Vikings missed at the end of the half would have secured the game.

On to Philly!
The next Joe Montana?

Me thinks not..........

The ORIGINAL CASE KEENUM...............will suffice.

Thank you.

No matter what happens next week, I so hope the Jags take the Pats out of the SB equation. Those cheating bastards need to go down!
Jags and Vikings super bowl would be cool. I think that would cement Tom Coughlin in the HOF if Jags win the SB.

Foirnette , the rookie running back for Jacksonville praised God today during an interview with the NFL channel. The didn’t censor it. They are not anti God. The wide receiver tha5 caught the winning pass for the Vikings was very humble. Good for the Vikings.

No matter what happens next week, I so hope the Jags take the Pats out of the SB equation. Those cheating bastards need to go down!

Drink to that
Originally Posted by whipholt_wahoo
at the buzzer!!!

I just noticed your cake flashing. What a Birthday present! Happy Birthday!
SKOL VIKINGS!
Any bets that Marcus Williams is not a Saint next year?
I think the Vikings better go with the one they brought to the dance. Working so far. Next year is scary.
Originally Posted by natman
Four lead changes in the last three minutes. What a game!

It just goes to show it doesn't matter how thoroughly you dominate the other team, you still need to put as many points on the board as possible. The long field goal that the Vikings missed at the end of the half would have secured the game.

On to Philly!

The Saints playing football in the first half would have secured it too.
I neither like nor hate the Vikings, but I do understand rooting for a team that has a history of years of frustration. I rarely pull for New Orleans, either, although there are teams that play New Orleans that I like to see lose.

But, I have to root for Case Keenum, and it made me very happy to see that last Viking touchdown. Diggs said that they practice that play (which they call "Seven Heaven") all the time, but they have never had it work in a game.

Most of all, it was a very competitive game and I do believe that the best team won. And I am glad that Case finally gets a moment of fame on one of the biggest stages in professional sports.
Skol Vikings
Great game
I'm still in shock! lol

I hope that the Patriots win their next 2 games.

I'd love to see Kraft, Belichick, and Brady ignore Commissioner Goodell when he tries to hand them the Lombardi Trophy on February 4th.
U B ASS U MING the patriots got 2 more 2 play.............
Originally Posted by Angus1895

2 words to explain why they will, BLAKE BORTLES.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I'd love to see Kraft, Belichick, and Brady ignore Commissioner Goodell when he tries to hand them the Lombardi Trophy on February 4th.

Didnt they already kiss his ass and take a trophy from him after the stink? It would be nice however to see them refuse it.
He did not win the game. The piss poor play by the defense on that play lost the game. What was that guy thinking diving to the ground???
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Didnt they already kiss his ass and take a trophy from him after the stink? It would be nice however to see them refuse it.

Send the water boy to accept it for the team.
Originally Posted by EdM
He did not win the game. The piss poor play by the defense on that play lost the game. What was that guy thinking diving to the ground???
I'm hoping his last paycheck comes with a pink slip - or a trade to the Browns... That dickhead..
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Jags and Vikings super bowl would be cool. I think that would cement Tom Coughlin in the HOF if Jags win the SB.

Foirnette , the rookie running back for Jacksonville praised God today during an interview with the NFL channel. The didn’t censor it. They are not anti God. The wide receiver tha5 caught the winning pass for the Vikings was very humble. Good for the Vikings.

Good for Fournette, but he's not above protesting. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...lton-sterling/1xl0vv3saz9671f4mpk5kpq2a4
Originally Posted by EdM

Exactly
Originally Posted by EdM

Exactly
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by EdM
I'm hoping his last paycheck comes with a pink slip - or a trade to the Browns... That dickhead..

Sentenced to play for the Browns? Man, that's harsh!

You are still watching NFL? Damn.
Originally Posted by EdM

The only way you were going to make that tackle was out of bounds, would have been a 51 yard FG attempt, Forbath is a pretty good kicker, I'd say he hits from that distance at better than 50%. GOOD chance that just catching that pass would have set up the game winning score.

Depends on which Blake Bortles shows up for the game. He's been far from consistent, but when he's on a roll...
Anyone else have the Vikings giving 5 & 1/2 points?
shyit, I didn't think anyone was watching football and look at this thread grow legs.

You all lied about not watchin'
Originally Posted by EdM

The only way you were going to make that tackle was out of bounds, would have been a 51 yard FG attempt, Forbath is a pretty good kicker, I'd say he hits from that distance at better than 50%. GOOD chance that just catching that pass would have set up the game winning score.

Depends on which Blake Bortles shows up for the game. He's been far from consistent, but when he's on a roll...

Roll him right out of Jacksonville after the Jaguars lose next Sunday.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

Kurt Warner has a pretty good Cinderella story. Probably more so than Keenum.

And the Packers, they most likely are polishing some of their four super bowl trophies.
In the 50/50 chance that the Queens get to the SB, I’m guessing Brady and company will make them the first five time looser.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Any bets that Marcus Williams is not a Saint next year?

McCarthy is already looking to see if he fits in with the Packers defensive system.

Based on that play yesterday, that would be a resounding yes.

That was a really great article, thanks for posting the link.

I'm cheering for the Vikings for sure and hoping Keenum has a good game.

I hate the Eagles, Go MINNESOTA!
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

Kurt Warner has a pretty good Cinderella story. Probably more so than Keenum.

And the Packers, they most likely are polishing some of their four super bowl trophies.
In the 50/50 chance that the Queens get to the SB, I’m guessing Brady and company will make them the first five time looser.

It certainly took long enough for the trophies to get wheeled out.
[Linked Image]

Naw. He would be smart enough to tuck his arm in and not extend it out on a legal play like that.

Like the opposite of this?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by add

Like the opposite of this?

[Linked Image]

Exactly like the opposite of that smile
There's a lot of feel good on this thread, but there's always room for more...

[Linked Image]
and that was also Bostick's last play has a Packer.

why aren't the Vikings fans basking in the moment, rather than bringing up the Packers?

The hurt is that deep?

+1
He put Wylie on his back and willed his way to the title. You should never underestimate Case guys.

why aren't the Vikings fans basking in the moment, rather than bringing up the Packers?

The hurt is that deep?

They gotta live in this moment because they know the Eagles will take them down in a few days and they'll have to shut back up.
I'm still contemplating taking the patriots by 11 over Jacksonville.
Kinda like the price is right, ya gotta be under or dead on and not over in our pool.
Was under for awhile, then dead on Saturday at the end of the game.
I'm thinking 10 also, which is more of a football scoring spread than 11.

I gotta hear what the other 3 guys are taking on Friday. Since I won Saturday I have last stated entry on friday.

Something that I find very interesting is that the NFC Championship is being played between two teams led by "cast-off" quarterbacks while many teams with "premium" quarterbacks are done for the year. Also, in the AFC, thousands of people who have never played the position are absolutely positive that they could play better than one of the quarterbacks.

The hurt is that deep?

Yeah, we're all just dyin' around here...

My Dad is boycotting NFL this year, but I just have to watch the Vikings games, I've lost every penny I've ever bet on them.

So, I skipped the first half, tuning in just in time for the Aints to score their first TD. Then suffered until ten seconds to go. Wow, what a game. What a finish. Dang!

The hurt is that deep?

Stop projecting.

laugh

Maybe just once something will go right, the planets will allign, and the Vikes will win. Oh yeah, that's right-this is the Vikings we're talking about. .........
Originally Posted by add

The hurt is that deep?

Stop projecting.

laugh

Great clip, loved it...

Be honest here, you do have a pair of those Packer Zubaz's don't cha?

Only the truth will set you free.........

What about Trent Dilfer and Baltimore? He has to rank up there as one of the quarterbacks least expected to win anything, much less a Superbowl
Someone had to post it. Good to see Bud Grant. What is he? A 100? Maybe the queens could win one before he crosses the Rainbow Bridge?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by add

The hurt is that deep?

Stop projecting.

laugh

That is quite spectacular. I've been watching Vikes and Saints fans reactions. I never even thought to check the Packers reactions.

I'm a little disappointed though. As much as the Packers are my mortal enemy, I was always pulling for them whenever they were ahead of the Vikes in the playoffs.
GO EAGLES!!!

I hope that pos M. Williams got traded to the Browns within 15 minutes of the end of that game..

Originally Posted by Whiskey
As much as the Packers are my mortal enemy, I was always pulling for them whenever they were ahead of the Vikes in the playoffs.
And I'm just the opposite.. The Queens are the mortal enemy, and I NEVER pull for them - any time, any where, EVER...

Some day I'll tell y'all how I REALLY feel about them Queens.. laugh laugh laugh
Consistent with every Cheesehead I’ve ever known, which is the very reason I feel similarly about them as you do the Vikes.

Some day I'll tell y'all how I REALLY feel about them Queens.. laugh laugh laugh

Hey Lee, I got a purple and gold McSwirly I want you to bed. whistle

Have to ever done a Cheesehead McSwirly?
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Have to ever done a Cheesehead McSwirly?

That sounds like a question for a Green Bay hooker.
GO VIKINGS!!!

The Pack really sucked again this year and are making it harder for me to pull for them each season.

Plays and a fan base like this find me rooting more and more for the Queens over my beloved Packers.

Bandwagon fan I see.
Skol
Originally Posted by add
GO VIKINGS!!!

The Pack really sucked again this year and are making it harder for me to pull for them each season.

Plays and a fan base like this find me rooting more and more for the Queens over my beloved Packers.

Bandwagon fan I see.

Wait! What?? REDNECK posted that?? Where??
The kneelin WWEFL's already got the script written:

[Linked Image]

Wonder if there's gonna be any "controversial" referee calls on Sunday?
I hope Vikings win!!
Who on here changed my Packer Avatar!!!

^ ^

Your typical whiny Cheesehead.

crazy
Originally Posted by add
Who on here changed my Packer Avatar!!!

^ ^

Your typical whiny Cheesehead.

crazy

I do believe you are my biggest fan.
If I didn't bump this up,

Redneck would be along in the morning to do it......

Foles ends the day with a 144 passer rating, Dude must have a genie in a bottle.

And all the Vikings fans, Hell of a season. Keep your chin up, The Sun will rise tomorrow.
If I didn't bump this up,

Redneck would be along in the morning to do it......

Foles ends the day with a 144 passer rating, Dude must have a genie in a bottle.

And all the Vikings fans, Hell of a season. Keep your chin up, The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Indeed and, IMO, they have a very good shot at the Patriots that I do not believe the Vikings ever really had.

Yes Vikings fans, by all means, chin up. The sun WILL rise tomorrow, just not on a Lombardi Trophy. grin

Skol.
Originally Posted by add
GO VIKINGS!!!

Bandwagon fan I see.

Total bullchit... The day I pull for them Queens is the day I'm diagnosed with severe mental disease... I was rootin' fer the Eagles all game.. I'm a bit disappointed they let them Queens get seven... frown
Did Keenum play bad?
Did Keenum play bad?
Not really. The entire team was out-classed. It was ugly.
IMHO, and as neutral as I can be, I think the game before (Saints) took a yuge toll out of that team - emotionally and mentally - that they just could not get that level of play back again..
I have to work with several Vik fans, we have lots of jawing at each other over the years.
I found it amusing with Doug Pederson now being the head coach of the Eagles, these two Packer quarterbacks are.....

[Linked Image]
Did Keenum play bad?

One could argue that his early pick 6 handed all the momentum back over to Eagles and got the crowd back in the game after the Vikes scored on them on their first possession.

But it would be a silly argument.

I'll root for anybody but Brady and the Patriots.

I had no idea who this guy was, until my new best friend add introduced us......

He makes me laugh.............................................................
The Eagles pass rush was pulling Keenum a lot.
He didn’t make it, Eagles shredded Vikings defense. Didn’t watch, read paper.
Originally Posted by djs

Likely because the Pats were one of the few teams with an owner that made it clear he supported Trump.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by djs

Likely because the Pats were one of the few teams with an owner that made it clear he supported Trump.

More likely because the Pats and Brady are the Darlings of the very liberal East Coast/National media.
Philly has good defense!
At Christmas time with family in MN I was talking with my son-in-law - very good guy and big Vikings fan - and he was pleased with what Keenum had been able to do this season and quite excited about the Vikings prospects for the playoffs. I had not watched one NFL game all season, so had no first-hand observations to make. But, I had been reading a bit and watching stats. I asked him when the Vikings would play the Eagles - he said it would be the semi-final game if i happened. I told him that the Vikings, and especially Keenum, would have to get very well-prepared for the high energy (they hit very hard) and dogged defense of the Eagles. So, I watched the game. Lights out. I called him this morning - he said he didn't feel bad about a loss that late in the playoffs, but was disgusted that they were so badly embarrassed.
Originally Posted by add
GO VIKINGS!!!

Bandwagon fan I see.

I'm diagnosed with severe mental disease...

#Packerland
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by djs

More likely because the Pats and Brady are the Darlings of the very liberal East Coast/National media.

Keep smoking that...
Well look at the positive side of this. At least the vikings won't be oh fur five in super bowls now! wink

NYH1.
© 24hourcampfire