Home
Posted By: ironbender This Is Me - 01/14/18

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crittergetter Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
I'm right there with you.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
Couple friends of my dad's got beat up years ago by a couple old pot bellied geezers.

They both admitted they had never been whipped so quickly. Turns out old timers have to get a lot of fighting done in a very short amount of time....otherwise they run out of air.

I have always remembered that lesson.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
Jim, you make me remember the hand, to hand combat training in the army. Two I remember are, jamming the nose into the brain, and stomping the arch of the foot with a combat boot, breaking as many as twenty plus bones. I'm old, and sadly out of shape, I don't how I might react if pushed.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18

I'm picturing the "fight" in "Second-Hand Lions".
Posted By: hanco Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
I like that!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
being in the old fat geezer category , i will not fight. i might kill but i won't fight.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I'm picturing the "fight" in "Second-Hand Lions".

I dont think so.

I guess the real ones are much more violent and take way less time.
Posted By: las Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
A punch to the larynx should work also. A bit slower than driving nose bones into the brain. Depends on mean you are feeling and opportunity, I suppose.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
I can't/won't stand and fist fight any more but I'll gladly knee cap ya with the pick axe handle I keep handy.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: This Is Me - 01/14/18
Dad told me that way back when i was a spike buck, "you boys dont be out fu-kin around with old men, they'll kill you if they can" grin

I know damn well he was right now that I am one ;]
Posted By: Tansun Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Aman brother, us old geezers don't mess around.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I have not forgot the male fist to the temple, but I think I'd start with the boot to the foot. That would be if I had no weapon, that is.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by Tansun
Aman brother, us old geezers don't mess around.

BS. Old farts mess all over the place. You ever hear of sharts? whistle
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I think many of us fit that category
Posted By: Steelhead Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
The last last words I expect to hear from someone fugging with me are 'No fair'
Posted By: Bristoe Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I kinda think I might be at that point.

I guess I'll know for sure if somebody comes in on me. I don't want any trouble,..in fact, I don't really want any visitors except family and a very few close friends.

I moved out here in the sticks to get away from azzholes.

It's been a lot of trouble and expense. I don't think I'd take it real well if some azzholes chose to follow me here.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Guilty as charged. Make note of that.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Here buddy, fight my 115 grain, 1150 fps wingman if you can...
Posted By: mark shubert Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
The last dust-up I was in was with a 28 year old punk -
I was sitting on top of him when the po-po got here. Cop asks "Did you hit him?" Response "No, I was cocked, then realized that would turn it into a fight, instead of an assault."
"Good thinking" was the reply - as they led him off in S&W bracelets.

I believe that is the only time I've been accused of "good thinking" smile Oh - and I was 58 at the time.
Posted By: kellory Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I don't see any point in giving away lessons for free. If someone insists on an education, it's gonna be expensive.
Posted By: ironbender Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18

Buncha old farts here, I see! smile
Posted By: doubletap Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
long time ago my grandson enjoyed wrassling with me and trying to pin me. He got on top of me and was holding me down one day, i just looked at him and grabbed a handful of what was hanging between his legs. and squeezed pretty hard. He yelped, and i said yelp louder, like a dog, and applied a little more pressure. He said that wasn't fair. I answered life isn't fair, i might use a 2x4 the next time. I told him i was only doing what my dad did at about my age 16. he was wailing on me one day without much effect. I commented i had gotten to big for that.
he said ron i am an old man, if i shoot your worthless azz, they are gonna lock me up, three meals a day, and medical care. I don't have much to lose. But you have your old life ahead, if i don't end it with a smith and wesson. To this day i think he was serious.
Posted By: ironbender Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18

A fair fight can gitcha hurt.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by ironbender

And the time and experience we've gained on the way here, makes us dangerous. I also don't suffer liberal fools well.

Good post Mike.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I’m 44. I’m not old yet but my mind keeps thinking about some of the things y’all are talkin about. Having that damm sugar disease makes it worse. I WILL NOT fight fair.... I guarantee it!
Posted By: 7 STW Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I agree
Posted By: KC Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18

Best to leave sleeping dogs lie. Specially if they are old. sleep

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then your strategy sucks. blush

KC
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
I haven't been in a fight for close to 60 years. I figure I lack experience and can't last for more than 1 round so I have to make it a good one. If it happens, I just hope I have more zap than a rattler at 30F.
Fights are best avoided.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by ironbender

Buncha tough old farts.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fights are best avoided.

Richard - it is sometimes dangerous to display wisdom at the 'fire.
wink
I know John, I ain't so smart.

(But, we hold these truths to be self- evident)
Posted By: deerstalker Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
"The object of a fight is not to die for your whatever but to make the other bastard die for his."
paraphrased
I'll borrow this old one. "I don't fight anymore. The last fight I was in, I killed a guy He got his caught in my hip pocket ,and I drug him t death"
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Fair fight is an oxymoron.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: This Is Me - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
long time ago my grandson enjoyed wrassling with me and trying to pin me. He got on top of me and was holding me down one day, i just looked at him and grabbed a handful of what was hanging between his legs. and squeezed pretty hard. He yelped, and i said yelp louder, like a dog, and applied a little more pressure. He said that wasn't fair. I answered life isn't fair, i might use a 2x4 the next time. I told him i was only doing what my dad did at about my age 16. he was wailing on me one day without much effect. I commented i had gotten to big for that.
he said ron i am an old man, if i shoot your worthless azz, they are gonna lock me up, three meals a day, and medical care. I don't have much to lose. But you have your old life ahead, if i don't end it with a smith and wesson. To this day i think he was serious.

Son got me onto a headlock while messin around years ago. My German Shorthair didn't like it, grabbed onto the kid's scrotum good-n-tight. He let go of me right quick. She was a good dog... laugh
Posted By: heavywalker Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18

This stupid phuqcker married a man cause he can’t tell the difference.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Originally Posted by heavywalker

You're just jealous you piece of shiet. Sorry you had to bang daddy with Freddy, ain't my problem. No go make a snuff film with him, you dumbass westcoast stalker.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
A great uncle used to go to bars where young toughs liked to hang out. He waited for opportunities to take them out back and beat them around a bit. He was doing it into his 50s on a regular basis. Bartender 86ed him and when he showed up again the bartender ran him off with a SXS 12 gauge. He shot him in the back of the knee through the screen door... Took a long time but it killed him.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Originally Posted by heavywalker

You're just jealous you piece of shiet. Sorry you had to bang daddy with Freddy, ain't my problem. No go make a snuff film with him, you dumbass westcoast stalker.

Don’t get mad Scott you’re confused not angry use this time to figure things out.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Two years ago I pulled into a gas station, three bays wide. In the lane across from me a gentleman and his wife were waiting in line. As the car in front moved out the gentleman had to start his car to pull forward. Two baggy pants punks pulled in front of him! He yelled out the window that they needed to move! Now I'm getting real interested with what's happening as are the attendant's! The baggy pants driver tells the gentleman to GFY. All of the sudden this gentleman gets out of his car! Imagine Big John 6'7" with grey hair, dressed like he's headed to church! Walks up and back hands the first one, who dropped like a wet rag! The second one starts around the car, I'm getting out and two other gray heads are also getting out! Before I got halfway across the drive area, the gentleman is just knocking the hell out of a punk who's now covering up and screaming I'm sorry! The cops came talked to all who didn't leave! The gentleman was allowed to leave and the driver punk was arrested. They charged the punk driver with provoking assault! I'm 67 and I believe the gentleman had 8 or 10 years on me! Beware of old guys sometimes they will surprise you! I smile everytime I pull into that station!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Provoking assault! I love it!
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Provoking assault! I love it!

Works for me.
Posted By: Texczech Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
I'm not that old at 53. But with two 20" rods and 24 3" screws I can no longer fight. I figure if it come to violence it will be Glock or Ruger.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: This Is Me - 01/16/18
Originally Posted by Heym06
Two years ago I pulled into a gas station, three bays wide. In the lane across from me a gentleman and his wife were waiting in line. As the car in front moved out the gentleman had to start his car to pull forward. Two baggy pants punks pulled in front of him! He yelled out the window that they needed to move! Now I'm getting real interested with what's happening as are the attendant's! The baggy pants driver tells the gentleman to GFY. All of the sudden this gentleman gets out of his car! Imagine Big John 6'7" with grey hair, dressed like he's headed to church! Walks up and back hands the first one, who dropped like a wet rag! The second one starts around the car, I'm getting out and two other gray heads are also getting out! Before I got halfway across the drive area, the gentleman is just knocking the hell out of a punk who's now covering up and screaming I'm sorry! The cops came talked to all who didn't leave! The gentleman was allowed to leave and the driver punk was arrested. They charged the punk driver with provoking assault! I'm 67 and I believe the gentleman had 8 or 10 years on me! Beware of old guys sometimes they will surprise you! I smile everytime I pull into that station!

Loved this story!
© 24hourcampfire