Home
Posted By: jaguartx Are these snakes poisonous? - 01/22/18
no
I'm not real knowledgeable about Asian snakes, but if they're venomous, those kids are gonna get bitten if they don't improve their technique
Pythons?
water snakes, there several videos of those kids catching snakes.
Is he using her for bait?
that pic on the video is staged with a dead snake.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Are these snakes poisonous? - 01/22/18
Photoshopped. With that many coils wrapped around that kid would be squirting stuff like a tube of toothpaste. Not poisonous, OR venomous.
no head on the constrictor in the photo, but those two kids are snake catching fools, watch their videos, think its how they make a living.
if snake head is diamond shaped it is , other wise no.
ask the snake to stop moving and look at his/her/heshe head.
not all, mambas and some others have narrow heads.
Originally Posted by persiandog
if snake head is diamond shaped it is , other wise no.
ask the snake to stop moving and look at his/her/heshe head.

IF its a viper...they have kraits etc where those kids are. Grab one of those and check out the shape of its head....

Well, God bless and protect those kids!
Posted By: JJHACK Re: Are these snakes poisonous? - 01/22/18
Just be clear and not critical, no snakes are poisonous. There are some that are venomous. Poison is ingested, venom is injected. That was how I was taught in the PH academy or PH school in South Africa
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Just be clear and not critical, no snakes are poisonous. There are some that are venomous. Poison is ingested, venom is injected. That was how I was taught in the PH academy or PH school in South Africa

I tried to allude to that point above Jim....but didnt expect many would catch it...

semantics and all.... grin
Ahh thought this thread was about Hildabeast, Obongo, and "Homey"
The original photo is probably a reticulated python, common in SE Asia. Not venomous but a constrictor and very large.

The idea that venomous snakes have triangular heads probably originated in North America where most venomous snakes are pit vipers which have triangular heads. Vipers (Europe,Asia & Africa) also have triangular heads and are venomous. But many of the world's venomous snakes are in the cobra family and they generally don't have triangular heads. So that's not a good way to determine if a snake is venomous. Even in the US we have coral snakes which are in the cobra family.
bowmanh,

100% TRUE.

yours, tex
Originally Posted by ingwe

I tried to allude to that point above Jim....but didnt expect many would catch it...

semantics and all.... grin

NOT TRUE. Every snake that come thru our yard is poisonous to my wife. Even the dreaded chicken snakes. They will be met by her .410 or the "hoe from hell". Bottom line, they don't survive..
Originally Posted by stxhunter

True. The Elapid family of snakes are potentially the most dangerous land snakes, as well as the sea snakes. The typically have no distinctive neck transition from body to head.
Originally Posted by bowmanh
The original photo is probably a reticulated python, common in SE Asia. Not venomous but a constrictor and very large.

The idea that venomous snakes have triangular heads probably originated in North America where most venomous snakes are pit vipers which have triangular heads. Vipers (Europe,Asia & Africa) also have triangular heads and are venomous. But many of the world's venomous snakes are in the cobra family and they generally don't have triangular heads. So that's not a good way to determine if a snake is venomous. Even in the US we have coral snakes which are in the cobra family.

hows that go? red to black, stand back. red to yellow fellowis mellow? haven't heard it in years.
Red next to yellow, stay away from that fellow. Coral snake, or at least the North American version in Florida. I believe there are 3 subspecies in the US.

An elapid, it is very venomous. Docile, but deadly. And, it does not have the triangular head characteristic of the vipers.

Red next to black, he's your friend, Jack.
That one is dead.
Many snakes, insects, etc are poisonous, but are short on an effective delivery system.

Those big constrictors not so much, but they sometimes bite to get that initial grip. They do not always have the most sterile of mouths.
The belly scale pattern from the vent to the tip of the tail is a better indication on wether a snake might be venomous or not than the head or eye pupil shape. But again, the coral snake didn't get that memo...
We always said: "Red and black friend of Jack, red and yellow kill a fellow".
SNAKE!!!!!!!

Bang..bang..bang...bang...bang...bang

...boom...boom...boom

...stomp!...stomp...stomp!!!

Is it venomous...?
I'm not sure.

so......

Bang..bang..bang...bang...bang...bang

...boom...boom...boom

...stomp!...stomp...stomp!!!
Originally Posted by stxhunter

This^^^. Pit vipers have arrowheads, not coral or mambas or Australian brown killers or cobras, etc.
Look it up yourself Einstein, what turnip did you fall off of?
deerstalker,

When I was a Boy Scout (LONG, LONG ago) the saying was: Red & yellow, kill a fellow; red & black, friend of Jack.

yours, tex
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Are these snakes poisonous? - 01/22/18

Yea, if it bites you and you get sick it is venomous. If you bite it and get sick it is poisonous.
Snakes? Relative lightweights.

Having lived around parasitic Tropical flukes that enter your body by burrowing through your skin on contact when you are in the water, that video gives me a case of the willies eek

I hope them kids are alright.
To All,

IF the States STOPPED listening to the IDIOTS of the so-called "Animal Rights" groups (Animals do NOT have rights, as they are UNABLE to enjoy rights, as HUMANS can.) & TURNED LOOSE the SE Asian hunters to kill/eat the invasive pythons/boas, we would SOON have NO "invasive reptile" problem.
(This is particularly true in FL, where there are several SE Asian ethnic groups who, in their "home country", routinely hunt/eat snakes.)

Fwiw, I once was stationed in a city with a HUGE "feral pigeon problem". = The Vietnamese, Cambodians & Lao people started hunting/eating the pigeons, until the PETA-morons complained. - The council, after PETA's "pitiful whining", passed a local ordinance that firearms & pellet guns couldn't be used to kill pigeons.
(The Asian "pigeon hunters" listened & promptl;y returned to their traditional practice of hunting with crossbows & blowguns/darts & went right on taking/eating the pigeons.)

yours, tex

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Snakes? Relative lightweights.

Having lived around parasitic Tropical flukes that enter your body by burrowing through your skin on contact when you are in the water, that video gives me a case of the willies eek

I hope them kids are alright.

Those kids could sure squeal and move fast when those skinny snakes were turning on them to bite.
Originally Posted by satx78247
To All,

IF the States STOPPED listening to the IDIOTS of the so-called "Animal Rights" groups (Animals do NOT have rights, as they are UNABLE to enjoy rights, as HUMANS can.) & TURNED LOOSE the SE Asian hunters to kill/eat the invasive pythons/boas, we would SOON have NO "invasive reptile" problem.
(This is particularly true in FL, where there are several SE Asian ethnic groups who, in their "home country", routinely hunt/eat snakes.)

Fwiw, I once was stationed in a city with a HUGE "feral pigeon problem". = The Vietnamese, Cambodians & Lao people started hunting/eating the pigeons, until the PETA-morons complained. - The council, after PETA's "pitiful whining", passed a local ordinance that firearms & pellet guns couldn't be used to kill pigeons.
(The Asian "pigeon hunters" listened & promptl;y returned to their traditional practice of hunting with crossbows & blowguns/darts & went right on taking/eating the pigeons.)

yours, tex

Aren't all rock doves an invasive species? I find that a S&W 77A is a good solution when faced with that problem and the latitude to do something about it. Does anyone really like pigeons?
S thats what the Asians use condoms for........

Those two were pretty good snake wranglers.
260Remguy,

As far as I know, YEP. All "rock doves"/pigeons are invasive species.

And YES, some people like them. = My Asian friends LOVE to eat them.

yours, tex
Originally Posted by burrinho
Look it up yourself Einstein, what turnip did you fall off of?

You must be a dumascrap. The correct phrase is, "Did you fall off a turnip truck? ", which you seem to prove you did. Sheesh. There's another phrase you need to become familiar with, regarding keeping your mouth shut to keep from sounding stupid rather than opening it and removing all doubt.
© 24hourcampfire