Home
More of a big bore fan, so they've really never interested me. But a buddy of mine has an FFL and texted me yesterday that he could get a deal.

Figured now is the time.
Doubtful they will ever be cheaper than now.
Originally Posted by Steve
More of a big bore fan, so they've really never interested me. But a buddy of mine has an FFL and texted me yesterday that he could get a deal.

Figured now is the time.

Be sure and keep a close eye on it, lest it jump up, go full auto, and attack innocents!

Congrats!
That's what I was thinking. That and the Dems that run this state will likely run with the latest school shooting
Bigger bore is easy with an AR. Mine is a .450BUSHMASTER swap uppers. And it's a new rifle.
Good time to own one or two.
i went to the local gunshow , every vendor there had at least 1 and many had 5 or more. i carried around a upper i wanted to maybe swap and couldn't give it away. not really but close.
My AR15 is my favorite coyote rifle. Having several follow up shots can get the blood pumping.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
My AR15 is my favorite coyote rifle. Having several follow up shots can get the blood pumping.

Yup, my favorite varmint rifle too.
Got one for four legged, and one for the two legged variety.

Figured now is the time.

So what did you buy? Details.......
Just because i keep mine tied up with a log chain.

Don't want one of mine to go crazy.
me too bought mine last year cause someone on the fire said every man should have one, so now I got S&W 223/5.56

3 30 round mags

not very good with it

not too impressed either
YMMV
Never thought I would own one but they are fun to shoot a bunch of pigs in a pen!!!!

[Linked Image]

Figured now is the time.

you know you can buy a big bore AR, right? smile
Originally Posted by KMS

Figured now is the time.

So what did you buy? Details.......

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15t-tactical-m-lok
Just got my first, a Ruger MPR. Have some lowers and parts but never bothered putting one together. The Ruger was a hell of a deal so I jumped.

Glad I did! Love it!
Sorry to hear that. Every review that I have read on the S&W was overall positive...drscribed as a great value.
Originally Posted by hanco
Never thought I would own one but they are fun to shoot a bunch of pigs in a pen!!!!

[Linked Image]

thats not even a high fence..............

oh........maybe for pigs...........

my Aero Precision AR w/Shilen SS tube is a 300 BLK.........

luv to sit in a tree stand & whack some hogs.........
I keep thinking about buying one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Originally Posted by Squidge
I keep thinking about buying one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Buy one. And you will. wink

Figured now is the time.

Have fun with it, buy some ammo and don't be to cheap to shoot it. Learn the gun and you will enjoy it.
I was in a gun shop yesterday, they had brand new ARs for $400-500.00. I asked what they were paying for any that walked in the door and the answer was $200-300.00. Haven't drank the AR Kool-aid yet, doubt I will they just don't interest me.
I didn't really ever have an interest in one either..... until one of the guys up at the deer lease brought his with a weapons light.
I'm thinking this could be a big boost to the "fawn recruitment program" as in a bunch of dead 'yotes in the dark!
Well I couldn't just buy one, I would have to assemble it from parts - ha lots of fun but not really any cheaper!
I'm down to choosing a weapons light and a sling and the Storm Trooper 15 will be complete. Coyotes beware!!!
I was never interested in them, but finally bought one just because liberals said I shouldn't have one. I still think they are ugly, but I now have a pile of them. I've yet to buy or build one that wasn't unbelievably accurate and reliable.They are truly a better mousetrap.
Part of the reason was obviously timing (politics).

The other part is we need something like this for home safety for when the 9.0 quake hits.

The other is we've had some odd behaving raccoons and coyotes trying to get fawns around the place.

Lastly is well, because there's a gap in my armory.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I was in a gun shop yesterday, they had brand new ARs for $400-500.00. I asked what they were paying for any that walked in the door and the answer was $200-300.00. Haven't drank the AR Kool-aid yet, doubt I will they just don't interest me.

You should buy one shoot it a little and if you still don't like it sell it for what you paid or close to it.

I never had a use for one until Obama pissed me off with one of his pushes and after I discovered what the gun was I never looked back.
I got the wrong scope on mine... get ready.. I put a Leupold 3-9x40 cds - wrong scope I am taking it off and I will put it on my new tikka 6,5 creedmoor - yeah I bought into the 6.5 poison.

what scope do I need for my AR15 223, what do ya'll use?
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
I got the wrong scope on mine... get ready.. I put a Leupold 3-9x40 cds - wrong scope I am taking it off and I will put it on my new tikka 6,5 creedmoor - yeah I bought into the 6.5 poison.

The only one I have that is scoped wears a standard 3-9 Leupold Compact.
I never had a use for one until Obama pissed me off with one of his pushes and after I discovered what the gun was I never looked back.

same here grin
I never wanted one either. But I fell into a bunch of parts for almost nothing on a trade so I put one together. I put a Leupold 1.5-5 on it and found I really like it. In fact it’s my most used rifle by far. It’s accurate and reliable and I don’t mind that it’s behind the seat of my truck getting scratched all to hell as long as it holds zero. It’s absolute poison on everything I’ve ever pointed it at, crows, hogs, coyotes, deer, turkeys I basically use ut on anything smaller than elk and it works great.

I sighted mine in with a cheap 3-9×30mm, but recently acquired a 3-12×50mm E with lit reticle. NcSTAR. (From a fellow forum member)
I've got it mounted, but haven't been to a range yet to sight it in.

I put a Vortex Spitfire on mine. It is a 1x Prism red/green dot.
Not really a long range solution but @ 200 yards it should be minute of coyote.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Figured now is the time.

Be sure and keep a close eye on it, lest it jump up, go full auto, and attack innocents!

Congrats!

That's why you keep the barrel rung with donuts, keeps em fat, happy, and drifting in and out of a sugar coma ;].............................safety first.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

same here grin

Damn things really are amazing.

same here grin

same here grin

Me three.

Figured now is the time.

5 more and you can be an honorary Texan. cool

Discontinued.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VORTEX-Crossfire-II-1x24-Muzzleloader-Scope-CF2-31047-NIB-FREE-SHIPPING/132391718298?epid=2254322983&hash=item1ed3294d9a:g:FX8AAOSwUwFaAwUY

same here grin

Got mine with a flash suppressor and bayo lug when Slick Willy was making it illegal to make any more. Never really wanted one before.
It starts with buying one. Then maybe another. Before you know it you'll be building your own, especially uppers!

NYH1.

Everyone that says that usually ends up with at least one.

As Kid says. 1.5-5 lupy.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Figured now is the time.

5 more and you can be an honorary Texan. cool

Was born in Texas so I'm already grandfathered in... wink
I bought one and a lower right after Sandy Hook and paid too much but, they are fun guns. My wife shot it and then asked how long it would take to build my gun. ??? Five rounds in and it's confiscated by the warden. I built that and a 3rd after I had then kind of figured out. BHW stainless .223 Wylde, rifle length Geissle trigger yada, yada, yada, A straight shooter with next to no recoil.
I had one but I lost it overboard while fishing.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

you're doing it wrong
[Linked Image]
I imagine anyone who poo poos one has not shot one

But I took The Lovely MS Peggy out and it was too much going on for her with the report and the brass ejecting

I was disappointed I thought she would like it she didnt

She is very recoil sensitive and nervous

But we keep working with her at HER comfort level

Hank
Bought my first AR in 1983. Wish I still had that one.
Originally Posted by KFWA

you're doing it wrong

LOL Fish are alot meaner down here in the salt.
They are nothing but a tool. A really good one.
I was in a gun shop yesterday, they had brand new ARs for $400-500.00.

I hope not, but that might be a good investment for down the road an election or two.
Definitely won't be the last one you buy
Originally Posted by 700LH
That..

LGS has sold over 250 ARs in just the last couple weeks.. DPMS had a special sale - $399 ea..
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 700LH
That..

LGS has sold over 250 ARs in just the last couple weeks.. DPMS had a special sale - $399 ea..

That's a deal on DPMS. Neighbor recently picked up one at Academy for 439$ and I thought a good deal.

I have a Bushnell Elite fixed 10X mildot with 1/10mil adjustments. I have it set up so I can easily remove the scope to use iron sights.
Thanks for the scope recommendations!
I've been planning on getting a DPMS for awhile. $399 is a motivating factor
I think I'd like to put on a holographic site. Thinking EOTech.

Vortex Viper PST 1-4X
Zero was the best friggin firearms salesman this country has ever had!!

God bless his black azz!!
I believe that now would be a very good time to buy one if a man had a hankering to get into the AR business. I can't see them going any lower, and I honestly would not be surprised to see some kind of regulations on them in the not so distant future.
I assembled my first last year. I recently got another stripped lower, but I doubt I can piece together one as cheaply as the current sales.
I also got a M&P 15-22, an AR in 22 rimfire. I am very excited about cheap shooting for the whole family. Its light, easy to use peep sights, and adjustable fits all of us.
Just got an email from Whittaker Guns. They have the DPMS Oracle on sale for $379.99 and free shipping!

Click Here

I already have a few AR's, but for that price I might just pick up another!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

LOL ! ! ! ... You've obviously been following me around... smile

I resisted the AR craze for a number of years as well. But when my LGS had built Anderson lowers on deal for $200 each, I finally said "What the heck?" and bought a couple. One got a 5.56 upper. The other got a .300 BO upper... Still like my bolt rifles. But I got the AR's just to thumb my nose at the liberal left...
I have four ARs and a Dawoo K2. The gaps are in .30s and AKs.

I'd like to have an FAL or G3 style over the AR type .30s. My second choice would be a modern interpretation of an M1A and of course a modernized AK.
Originally Posted by KFWA

you're doing it wrong

LOL Fish are alot meaner down here in the salt.

You're lucky the fish didn't hold you up for more ammo....
Be careful, they have a way of reproducing

[Linked Image]
Just picked it up. The dog's happy with it, too

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire