Home
Posted By: Barkoff Quigley Down Under - 02/21/18
I just found the series, but it's 9 episodes into the first season.
"Hollywood Guns" Outdoor Channel on Saturday.
Looks like a cool series, this week they have Tom Selleck on talking about Quigley Down Under.
Just an FYI
Posted By: hanco Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/21/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/21/18
Made a mistake, "Hollywood Weapons".

In the preview the host says to Selleck, "you know in the sniper's world, when they get two guys with one shot, they call it a Quigley"".
Selleck seemed to enjoy that! smile
Posted By: MRitchie Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/21/18
Actually only saw the movie about a month ago on Amazon Video. Glad I watched it, actually pretty good.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/21/18
I'm not sure why Selleck didn't step up and take Charlton Hestons place with the NRA. Busy I guess.
Posted By: bearbacker Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/22/18
Tom Selleck is very busy right now with Blue Bloods. And did anyone ask him to run for our presidency?
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
It's too bad westerns fell out of favor....Tom Selleck is the perfict western character...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
I like the crazy chick that calls him by some other guys name for most of the show
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
It's too bad that Alan Rickman died. He was a great actor. He could do one of the best bad guys I've ever seen.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
One of my favorite movies of all time. Causes me great consternation that my wife disagrees................
Posted By: hanco Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
My names not Roy
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
ROY sure is a great shot ...
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
I believe magnum is or was on the board of directors of the NRA.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/24/18
If you are ever near Big Timber, Montana, you need to stop at the gun manufacturer, " Shiloh Sharps" that made the gun he used in the show "Quigley Down Under". Small shop but some kind of Sharps rifles and they will even build you one just like his but they will not tell you if he actually made those shots or how they were made. They have some beautiful guns that you can even handle. Very small town so no problem to find the shop.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
They actually made 3 identical guns for the movie, with the exception that the one used in the fight/action scenes had an aluminum barrel. I remember that the NRA had one of the other 2 as the grand prize in a sweepstakes several years ago. I forget how many times I entered, but no luck for me.............. cry

Also, Shiloh will make you an exact copy of the movie rifle with the exception of the gold enlayed initials "MQ".
Posted By: sse Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
Neat story

Doug Turnbull re-do of Selleck's rifle
Posted By: sharpsguy Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
The shots in the movie are doable, not extra ordinarily difficult for someone that has a good sharps. You have to have good ammunition and know how to use the rifle. They just duplicated the shots on TV, but couldn't hit the bucket off hand, but they did hit it repeatedly from a rest. When you watch BPCR competitors in a tie breaker shooting AND HITTING turkey and ram silhouettes OFFHAND, you know the movie shots are not something impossible. I probably know a dozen guys that can make those shots.
Posted By: buffybr Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
Quigley is playing on the Outdoor Channel right now...
Posted By: las Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
Yeah.

Watching it now. I noticed when he pulled the rifle out of it's case to prove his marksmanship, he checked the chamber and he doesn't carry with hot chamber apparently. Nice to see something authentic out of Hollywood for a change.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I like the crazy chick that calls him by some other guys name for most of the show

Crazy Cora played by Laura San Giacomo.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...mo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130513090347
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
enjoyed that movie, too
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
Saw it right after it came out. Great movie.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rainshot Re: Quigley Down Under - 02/25/18
It's one of my favorite movies. I've seen it a couple of times. tom Selleck is a great actor. The Jesse Stone series is good as is just about everything he has done. He has benefitted from some great character parts that he was able to take full advantage of. Bluebloods sometimes makes me wince when they start dancing around gun control issues but it's NY right.
© 24hourcampfire