Home
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.
If you're not old enough to buy a gun, then you're not old enough to vote. We need to link these together. Liberal communists won't want to give up impressionable voters.
So, they have their parents buy the guns or they steal them (like the CT one)

That won't do crap
Originally Posted by KenMi

That won't do crap

Or shotguns. Or deer rifles. Or... Etc.
Doesn't stop youngsters from owning firearms. Just stops them from buying them.

Hell, I was a cop before I could legally buy a handgun...

Had to get a family member to buy it for me. And the ammo. That would be against the law now too. Straw purchase.
Blah blah blah. Repeal the 2nd Amendment first, or be hung for open sedition, Mister President (and at least half of Congress, and at least half of the citizenry). The Constitution IS THE ONLY AUTHORITY.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
WH Press Secretary and private sources are saying that Trump is open to raising the age for buying firearms such as semiauto rifles from 18 to 21.

Hmm. So many vets after doing a tour will be welcomed back to their homeland by being told they are too immature to own a handgun or semiauto rifle.

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.
Originally Posted by RickyD

Not Winning.

It would not be hard to create a carve out for vets. Trump would also likely support that, as would I and many others.

That's all right then. As long as we can carve something out for the King's representatives and still deny it to the common folk, that's a perfect answer.
Definitely some disparity in the logic here. Agree with you guys. How can you be old enough to be drafted, enlist, vote, but not old enough to buy a hunting rifle? And you don't even need an ID to vote!
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil
Age has little to do with “maturity”... I know/have know 40 year olds, that are less mature than some 16 year olds! Where will it stop? Next 25, then 30? memtb

Not Winning.

Did you really just say you were cool with vets having rights others don't?

Originally Posted by walt501
If you're not old enough to buy a gun, then you're not old enough to vote. We need to link these together. Liberal communists won't want to give up impressionable voters.

This. They need to be linked. People under 21 are far more likely to vote Democrat.
Vets EARN rights others don't. And don't you ever forget it.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

No, they really don't.....and the Founding Fathers agreed with me.
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shame its got to be someone's own child, spouse, or relative killed before coming to ones senses!

Phil

And what exactly do you mean with this "profundity"?

Fundamental rights belong to all adults. In the US we don’t recognize any super citizen classes. We left that behind in Europe.

Vets PROTECT the rights for all citizens, through sacrifice and sweat. Not because they want to be elevated above their brothers and sisters who don't serve.

And don't you forget it.

If you believe you gave the military more than the military gave you, you are in a minority among Veterans that I know.
Lots of people these days seem to miss life under The Crown. Seems rather a shame considering that few/none have any idea what that means. Of course the even bigger shame is the fact that so many thought it worthy to fight to get out from under it in the first place.

Only at Lowes and selected donut shops.

10% discount

[/quote]
And what exactly do you mean with this "profundity"?[/quote]

Glad I was not the only one thinking this................

Not Winning.

I think this if politico-speak. He can sya he is "open" to just about anything, and give Ryan and McConnel the word not to bring any such Bill to him. Solve the PR problem and doesn't infringe on gun rights.
Originally Posted by hatari
I think this if politico-speak. He can sya he is "open" to just about anything, and give Ryan and McConnel the word not to bring any such Bill to him. Solve the PR problem and doesn't infringe on gun rights.

I heard that exact same thing about his posturing with bump stock ban after Vegas. Now he's directing the DOJ to create regulations banning them as machineguns.

Hmm.
When the man says he is "open", it seems to imply "You do it before I have to"

Not Winning.

That's all right then. As long as we can carve something out for the King's representatives and still deny it to the common folk, that's a perfect answer.

They've done it for "law enforcement" personnel for years in New Yorkistan. I'm guessing all the other blue zones also.

Honestly I'm not real worried about Trump caving to anything. He's stood headlong into the hurricane of everything else they throw at him without faltering. I'm guessing this goes no where.

Phil

Coming to ones sense on what? Gun prohibition? That's what the Left is all about. Their definition of "Common Sense Gun Laws" quickly evolves into what they have in Great Britain. The few guns the law allows the Brits to have are largely confined to "gun clubs". The idea that you can protect yourself with a fire arm in GB is ludicrous. So is the notion that a new gun law instantly and forever stops these tragedy.

You think this wacko would have given up if he didn't have a gun? What if showed up with a couple of crossbows and 10 gallons of gas, set the school on fire and shot kids escaping the flames? You gonna ban cross bows and gasoline? What if he just waited for school to be out and drove through the bus line in his car at a high rate of speed? He could clean out a row of 50+ kids depending on the configuration of the school drive and parking lot. We haven't even discussed bomb making that you can find on the internet.

No, no, it must be the guns.

Funny how we didn't have any of this until Columbine. Since we have copy cats. Oh, you want to talk about the lone gunman in the tower at UT back in the '60s? Fine, nothing happened after that for 30 years. The seed has been planted that a school is a soft target and place to get your anger vented at society. "Go to school, and kill people".

No. no, it must be the guns.

It has nothing to do with society and deca of the nuclear family, lost discipline, lack of father figures, no absolute right or wrong, the questioning of authority and the fact that every snowflake is told they are "special" from birth.

Originally Posted by bbassi

They've done it for "law enforcement" personnel for years in New Yorkistan. I'm guessing all the other blue zones also.

Past practice doesn't make it right, or acceptable.

Originally Posted by bbassi
]Honestly I'm not real worried about Trump caving to anything. He's stood headlong into the hurricane of everything else they throw at him without faltering. I'm guessing this goes no where.

Like the Bumpstock thing went nowhere?
Originally Posted by hatari

Phil

Coming to ones sense on what? Gun prohibition? That's what the Left is all about. Their definition of "Common Sense Gun Laws" quickly evolves into what they have in Great Britain. The few guns the law allows the Brits to have are largely confined to "gun clubs". The idea that you can protect yourself with a fire arm in GB is ludicrous. So is the notion that a new gun law instantly and forever stops these tragedy.

You think this wacko would have given up if he didn't have a gun? What if showed up with a couple of crossbows and 10 gallons of gas, set the school on fire and shot kids escaping the flames? You gonna ban cross bows and gasoline? What if he just waited for school to be out and drove through the bus line in his car at a high rate of speed? He could clean out a row of 50+ kids depending on the configuration of the school drive and parking lot. We haven't even discussed bomb making that you can find on the internet.

Funny how we didn't have any of this until Columbine. Since we have copy cats. Oh, you want to talk about the lone gunman in the tower at UT back in the '60s? Fine, nothing happened after that for 30 years. The seed has been planted that a school is a soft target and place to get your anger vented at society. "Go to school, and kill people".

No. no, it must be the guns.

It has nothing to do with society and deca of the nuclear family, lost discipline, lack of father figures, no absolute right or wrong, the questioning of authority and the fact that every snowflake is told they are "special" from birth.

You left out those evil 5 gallon propane tanks. Some twisted POS loaded the trunk and back seat of his car with a bunch of full propane tanks and waited for the kids to leave the front of a high school where my wife once taught in an attempt to blow up the front of the school and the kids as they left the building. Luckily for all, it didn't go off .... otherwise I am sure that propane tanks would now be banned .... or only sold / refilled to adults 21 years or older!
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Not Winning.

Sure. When it comes to just any 18 year old with no service experience owning AR's vs someone serving who has been trained with an AR owning one, I would be fine with the kid in the military being able to buy one before a kid under 21 could.
Originally Posted by ftbt

You left out those evil 5 gallon propane tanks. Some twisted POS loaded the trunk and back seat of his car with a bunch of full propane tanks and waited for the kids to leave the front of a high school where my wife once taught in an attempt to blow up the front of the school and the kids as they left the building. Luckily for all, it didn't go off .... otherwise I am sure that propane tanks would now be banned .... or only sold / refilled to adults 21 years or older!

Exactly. There is always a way. Did the IRA stop their terrorism just because they couldn't own guns? (Answer: Boom!)

Not Winning.

I guess you forgot about they have already have to be 21 before you can buy a pistol part...

Sure. When it comes to just any 18 year old with no service experience owning AR's vs someone serving who has been trained with an AR owning one, I would be fine with the kid in the military being able to buy one before a kid under 21 could.

You are absolutely as much the enemy as any card carrying Democrat....arguably moreso.
Originally Posted by 79S

Not Winning.

I guess you forgot about they have already have to be 21 before you can buy a pistol part...

I havent forgotten....and I would rather see that law abolished than to raise the bar for long guns. Both are asinine.

Not Winning.

Thanks for reminding me what I hate about this site.

You are absolutely as much the enemy as any card carrying Democrat....arguably moreso.

Yep.

And anyone thinking the same way. Or anyone willing to give an inch.

General Gage thought EXACTLY the same thing about the colonists. Why would a bunch of farmers need cannons and militia supplies? It's for the good of the people to take their artillery and firearms away because they haven't been trained by the King's Army.

Fricking morons in our own ranks.
Thanks for reminding me what I hate about this site.

Don't let the door hit ya in the butt.

Fricking morons in our own ranks.

And they vote just like they post, without thinking.
Just punching buttons and hitting keys...
The shooting is trajic.
This reaction is just because they are fkin lazy and don't want to go back to class.
RickD, This is not an attack....merely my understanding of the 2nd. Amendment. If you read and comprehend the intent of 2nd. Amendment as written by the “Founding Fathers”..... there would be “no” firearms laws. The 2nd Amendment was designed to save us from the powers of our own government. Meaning, that though it may sound extreme.....we should be allowed the same weaponry as the government! Though “not” financially possible....by the intent of the 2nd. Amendment, I should be able to own a full battle-ready F-16. How else could we militarily defend against a tyrannical government! memtb

Not Winning.

So the semi auto 30.06 Remington I hunted deer with as a teen would have been verboten in your opinion?

Or maybe the semi auto browning 12ga shotgun I hunted birds with?

Do you even own guns? have you ever owned guns? Because you sure postulate your thoughts as though your haven’t.
DONT GIVE AN INCH. Simple as that. If you’re willing to give that inch, then you are the problem.
When part A brings nothing to the table why would party B negotiate.
What exactly are they offering?

I'll probably be in the minority, but I'd have to disagree with that.
I doubt this will go anywhere but raising the age to purchase is not a good idea. Maybe if we also raised the voting age to 21 it would be worth it. At any rate I think it is mostly political posturing so that Trump can say he is doing something.
I wonder what the reaction of some of you would be if Obama had done this after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Vets PROTECT the rights for all citizens, through sacrifice and sweat. Not because they want to be elevated above their brothers and sisters who don't serve.

And don't you forget it.

Fah-Q
Originally Posted by ringworm
When part A brings nothing to the table why would party B negotiate.
What exactly are they offering?

The left offers nothing, that's not the business they are in.

The left is only in the business of impressing the evil of guns, religion, etc on young minds soon to be voters.
Every kid running from that school had a gizmo in his/her hand.

The device used to feed propaganda, fire-hose style, 24/7 into their minds.
Originally Posted by memtb
RickD, This is not an attack....merely my understanding of the 2nd. Amendment. If you read and comprehend the intent of 2nd. Amendment as written by the “Founding Fathers”..... there would be “no” firearms laws. The 2nd Amendment was designed to save us from the powers of our own government. Meaning, that though it may sound extreme.....we should be allowed the same weaponry as the government! Though “not” financially possible....by the intent of the 2nd. Amendment, I should be able to own a full battle-ready F-16. How else could we militarily defend against a tyrannical government! memtb

Absolutely. This is made crystal clear in the Federalist Papers. The idea was that no standing Federal army should be able to stand up to the citizenry armed in like manner to themselves.
Originally Posted by Travis13
DONT GIVE AN INCH. Simple as that. If you’re willing to give that inch, then you are the problem.

I agree 100%.
The whole issue over AR's just shows how little the media and public knows. A Ruger Mini-14 or Remington 7400 is just as dangerous and can be rapidly reloaded. BTW, just look at Jerry Miculek and his rapid shooting of revolvers.
since we are talking about access to instruments of death.... Would someone please propose to equal the minimum age of buying a firearm to be no higher than the minimum age to procure an abortion?

Just so I can see the liberal heads explode?
Originally Posted by KenMi

That won't do crap

Its going to make someone feel good.

Not Winning.

Only those that are willing to give up something for everybody else, but not themselves, would be happy with that deal...

Phil

Help me here Phil...

Just exactly HOW would such a proposal cure the mental health problem? This is not a gun issue, it is about kids willing to kill others.
Originally Posted by tzone

And don't you forget it.

Fah-Q

I am befuddled as to what angers you so...

Phil

[Linked Image]
Everyone that thinks veterans have superior rights to American citizen's rights, raise your hands.
I am befuddled as to what angers you so...

I'm a little confused also. When I signed up, it wasn't to elevate myself above anybody else or to EARN privileges which weren't accessible to other Americans.

Not Winning.

If you're old enough to pick up a rifle and defend you country with it and you're old enough to die for your country your damn sure old enough to own a firearm. No and's if's or but's about it!
Originally Posted by 12344mag

If you're old enough to pick up a rifle and defend you country with it and you're old enough to die for your country your damn sure old enough to own a firearm. No and's if's or but's about it!

Absolutely!

I've believed that since they raised the drinking age to 21.

If today's youths are not responsible enough to purchase a firearm, then they are not responsible enough to have a driver's license, or serve in any branch of the armed services.

They either are adults, or they aren't.

Nobody can cherry pick.

Rights cannot be earned or granted, by definition.
One has nothing to do with the other. Military service, or the lack thereof, has absolutely no bearing on what the Founders called "inalienable" rights.

The age of reason is 14

https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/age-of-reason/
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They either are adults, or they aren't.

Nobody can cherry pick.

Precisely.

Oh, good grief!

Where do you folks come up with this crap?
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Oh, good grief!

I am active duty with 2.5 years of deployments. 14 years total service. RockyRaab's comments are not in-line with the vast majority of my colleagues.
Or the vast majority of those who put pen to paper when this great experiment was formed...
Only way I'll support such a thing is if it involves ALL semi autos.... lets see how they like that crap... stupid stupid people.

Phil

OH look, its the voice of common sense conservatives speaking again from the conservative capital of Kalifornication.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Oh, good grief!

I am active duty with 2.5 years of deployments. 14 years total service. RockyRaab's comments are not in-line with the vast majority of my colleagues.

Thank you. Many ways.
The Samuri kept invaders out for 300 years until their own government did them in.
To be certain, nobody here is anything but thankful and grateful to any US Veteran for their sacrifices and service.

I just think some missed the point.

There's no tier system of rights granted by our Constitution to our citizens.

If the government is willing to pass laws saying that you have to be a certain age to drink or buy guns, then that needs to be applied evenly across the board...

All military service should not be allowed until the age of 21.

No driver's licenses for those under 21. (Cars kill too, ya know)

No student loans should be granted to people under 21. (why would anyone give a large loan to a kid?)

The snowflakes need to see what a slippery slope they are placing THEMSELVES on.

How about in a national emergency? That calls for every able bodied man between the ages of 15 and 50
Originally Posted by watch4bear

How about in a national emergency? That calls for every able bodied man between the ages of 15 and 50

Taking that single line out of the entire post does not paint it in the context to which it originally was meant.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Reckon there'd be some snowflakes squealing like pigs under a gate if they got a draft notice?

Canada would burst at the seams.
So a 19 year old kid is not old enough to buy an AR15 or a beer, but he's old enough to join the Army or Marines, get issued an AR15, and get his ass shot off or blown off defending his country? confused
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Lots of people these days seem to miss life under The Crown. Seems rather a shame considering that few/none have any idea what that means. Of course the even bigger shame is the fact that so many thought it worthy to fight to get out from under it in the first place.

i don't miss or want life under the crown. the crown has been trying to hang my family for over 800 years.
You boys better just hope it's ownership and not possession.
But, but.... He's definitely pro gun. He's playing chess. It's just words......
But, but.... He's definitely pro gun. He's playing chess. It's just words......

I'm sure Peelosi, Sanders, Pocahontas, Schumer, et. al. if given a chance, would make you happy.
I'm sure Peelosi, Sanders, Pocahontas, Schumer, et. al. if given a chance, would make you happy.

I thought we were talking about Trump?
Just because a choice is better than the alternative in no way makes that choice a good one.
Whatever gets passed will get passed, the Liberals will feel good, and then next year or the year after some nut job will shoot up another school or concert and we’ll be right back in the same debate.
Even worse, now that we've given ground on this one, they know we will the next time. And the time after. Of course, next time it won't be age limits and silly bumpstocks, it will be private transfers and Licensure. The time after that, registration and confiscation.... Just the scary ones, though.
Nothing I've heard proposed would do a thing prevent mass murders like the one in Florida. It's just "feel good" bullshit. Even if you could prevent these psychos from getting a gun, they'd just use a car, uhaul truck, machette, sword, IED, or whatever other weapon they can get their hands on to do the deed. Securing the favorite targets like schools and churches would be much more effective, if the goal is to protect them. But we all know, the true goal of the gun control push is disarming the populous.

In my book, if you're old enough to give up your life in defense of your country, you're old enough to buy/own a gun. But then again I say the same thing about voting and buying alcohol.
© 24hourcampfire