Home
Posted By: Farmboy1 NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
I have been a long time member of the NRA, and usually pay for a 3 year membership.

I am now thinking about becoming a Life member. Can somebody enlighten me and others
how to do that ?

The 2nd amendment is coming under assault.
Posted By: Waders Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
https://membership.nra.org/Join/Life
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
https://membership.nra.org/Join/Lif...1h5G42QIVQbXACh02YAjMEAAYASABEgIc6PD_BwE
Posted By: Waders Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
Here's an application:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XR016647

In that offer, you can become a life member for $600.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
Whole buck the price went up ALOT like triple from only a few short years ago.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
Originally Posted by Waders
Here's an application:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XR016647

In that offer, you can become a life member for $600.

They will probably be running a "deal" pretty soon.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
I suppose they follow posts on here. $600. is too much for me.

And I don't need a duffle bag....!!!!
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
I suppose they follow posts on here. $600. is too much for me.

And I don't need a duffle bag....!!!!

I tell them they can keep the promotional gifts and the junk mail, and spend my money where it should be spent.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
I bought in years ago on a "special" offer. It gets you a magazine a month, and three pleading letters a week. Plus phone calls soliciting ever more donations.

Like many, I wish they'd spend the money they waste on mailings and phone staff to actually do something. I do support them, but I question their priorities.
You need to call them up and tell them to stop calling and junk mailing you, and tell them you'll donate more when you see the need to, if only they will stop.

They will.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
I've been a Life Member since the 80's, and they used to call me in Alaska and it was always at dinner time. I asked them to please not call me any longer I would give of my own volition. Haven't heard from them since outside of the very occasional mail. I'm good with that.

I am curious what comes after that. I wouldn't mind moving up if there is something past that. Being on a fixed income I would need something with the program or a deal that I can pay occasionally.
Posted By: hanco Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/21/18
Depends on how old you are.
Posted By: dale06 Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
I have been an NRA lifer for 30 plus years and have paid up to Patron level.
I get an occasional mailing, and usually shred it up opened. I’ll give on my schedule.
Don’t know if they call cause we never answer the phone and there have been no voice mails from them.
I strongly believe that if it were not for the NRA we would have virtually zero gun rights.
If you are a gun person and don’t belong to the NRA you should be ashamed of yourself.
Getting a phone solicitation or mail solicitation are manageable and a piss poor excuse for not belonging.
Posted By: blanket Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
I have been a higher level member for so many years that I get the magazine but never get called anymore. Think they forgot about me.
Posted By: 2sticks Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
Endowment is the next level. Then Patron and Benefactor.
The NRA will let you pay monthly. I had $50/month charged to my credit card until I got to Benefactor.
I still donate a couple times a year.
Posted By: bearbacker Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
Try calling HQ on the telephone. I got my son a life membership for $300 that way just a few years ago. She quoted me the $600 price. I explained that a caller had offered me that deal a few weeks before, and the lady said she could do that. 1-800-672-3888

I had a paid caller call me this week to offer an upgrade from Life to Patron for just $250. I declined, but I might be inclined to call it in directly, and then NRA would get ALL of the money without having to pay that commission.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I bought in years ago on a "special" offer. It gets you a magazine a month, and three pleading letters a week. Plus phone calls soliciting ever more donations.

Like many, I wish they'd spend the money they waste on mailings and phone staff to actually do something. I do support them, but I question their priorities.

Been a life member for over a decade, just get the magazine no annoying calls or pleading letters.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
I became a life member in 1968 just shortly after it had gone from $100.00 to $300.00. I paid in three installments of $100.00. The magazine(s) have turned into pitiful rags from what they once were, little or no information I'm interested in. Several years ago I switched from rifleman to hunter, little improvement if it weren't part of my life membership I wouldn't even bother with it.
Posted By: jdunham Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
Originally Posted by 2sticks
The NRA will let you pay monthly. I had $50/month charged to my credit card until I got to Benefactor.

This is what I did. I spend more a month on coffee. Small price to pay considering my hobbies and family protection revolve around the 2nd Amendment.
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by 2sticks

This is what I did. I spend more a month on coffee. Small price to pay considering my hobbies and family protection revolve around the 2nd Amendment.

Originally Posted by jdunham
[quote=2sticks]Endowment is the next level. Then Patron and Benefactor.

This is what I did. I spend more a month on coffee. Small price to pay considering my hobbies and family protection revolve around the 2nd Amendment.[/quote

I've been a Life member over 30 yrs. I can't remember what I paid then, but it was a lot of money to me at the time. A few years back I got my Grandson a Life membership for $300.00.
Posted By: djs Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18

Same here Rocky. I switched to life in 1972 and am disappointed in how often I am hit-up for donations. I give annually, but am tired of the calls.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Been a life member for over a decade, just get the magazine no annoying calls or pleading letters.

Same. As rockinbbar suggested, just call them and opt out of solicitations and junk mail. Also life member of GOA.
Posted By: jnyork Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
I have been a Life Member since 1980. I called them about 20 years ago and asked they not send any more junk or call me. Have not had one junk or call since.

Is it easier to make one call or to just snivel about it on the internet?
Posted By: 700LH Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
$600, I didn't see an offer expiration date .

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XR031351
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
600 is the price of ONE RIFLE.
I joined as a life member for 500 bucks in maybe 1996 after first joining in 1994. I'm now upgraded a little to Endowment.

I also send sporadic checks, ALWAYS accompanied by a "don't you DARE solicit me" letter. It works.

This is a long term battle, it's going to require some "investment" that won't be fun money at all. But I think a lot of us know, down to the depths of our souls, that freedom carries a price. We need the Second to protect not just ourselves, but the very existence of American citizenship in all its exceptionalism -- so that FUTURE generations can piss it away. Not us. Never.
Sign the eff up.
Posted By: boatboy Re: NRA Life membership ? - 02/22/18
I am a proud Endowment member

But I am even more proud that my Daughter is a life member and she was about to pay with her own $$ (at about 21 I think) and I stepped up and paid half but I was not asked

She did it on a weekend that they gave a 25.00 Cabelas Card I have the I have the card pinned to my wall to remember it. I am looking right now at it

Of course after she did that my Son In Law stepped up and became a Life member

I am a proud member

I need to do more with GOA
Hank
© 24hourcampfire