Home
Posted By: gophergunner Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
I'm curious as to whether they will sell the AR15 stock they have, or donate them to Antifa.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Dicks is about the last place I'd go for anything gun related anyway.

Right behind Walmart, who also apparently quit selling AR15's.
Posted By: Szumi Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
At Dicks, we are dicks!
I’ve only been in one Dicks, lamest outdoor store I’ve ever seen, Walmart has a better selection.
Posted By: lightning Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.

Chuck full of snowflakes!
Posted By: BIGR Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by Szumi
At Dicks, we are dicks!

Dicks gets their kicks by being a bunch of DICKS. Even the chicks at Dicks can be real DICKS and think we are all Hicks.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Dick's can get VD for all I care....no more of my money.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Dicks pulled this same stuff back in 2012 , funny how they started selling AR rifles again .
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Check this one out fellas. I was shopping for a new predator shotgun. I was looking at the 835 Ulti mag at Dicks Greensburg Pa. While I was making up my mind wether or not to buy it,the clerk offered up a box of ammo,saying this was what most were buying to feed the 835..........a box of 30/06! No frickin joke folks. I handed it back to him and suggested he get his head screwed on right,and get the hell out from behind the counter. After arriving home,I penned a rather hot email to Dicks main office outlining the days events. It was going to be investigated. Now these morons are going to play the hero. Never again selling assault rifles. Big [bleep] deal. They don't own enough of the market share to even have a dog in the fight. Our local news has already compared them to Cabelas and Bass Pro. Shaming them to follow suit. [bleep] media.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Dick's is where the city slickers go to buy their stuff.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm curious as to whether they will sell the AR15 stock they have, or donate them to Antifa.

When Walmart got out of the AR business, they cut the prices in half. I sure looked hard trying to find a Sig in 308, for 600 bucks. No luck though.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
I always have to walk thru Dicks to get to Nieman Marcus! It's so humiliating. frown
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
you shoulda went over the golf department and took a club back the hunting section and bashed all the gun case glass because they ain't going to need them anymore.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I'm curious as to whether they even had any in stock.
Posted By: hemiallen Re: Went to Dick's today. - 02/28/18
Email Dicks, let them know your thoughts. Their email is: [email protected]
Wednesday, February 28, 2018

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it’s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks
We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

This is from their webpage:
Media Statements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a contact for him

[email protected]
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by JamesJr

What James said!!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Pure democrat propaganda. Common sense, if even one life is saved, for the children, blah blah blah.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by MadMooner

No kidding, I've been in 1 Dicks Sporting Goods store and their gun section wasn't even worth looking at, lame is an understatement, There are a lot better places to spend ones hard earned dollars.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Has nothing to do with their conscience. They just don’t want to get sued when somebody shoots up a place with a gun purchased at their store.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

No kidding, I've been in 1 Dicks Sporting Goods store and their gun section wasn't even worth looking at, lame is an understatement, There are a lot better places to spend ones hard earned dollars.

I've gotta pile on this one.
I went to look at centerfire ammunition and my choices were limited to 3.
30-06, 300 Win Mag, 30-30
Weakest store I've even been in.
First and only visit to Dicks.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18

But still sells mini 14s... oh yes, I still hate Bill also...
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Now Wal-Mart announced today that they won't sell firearms to anyone under 21, I see.
Posted By: add Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18

You should have filled up 2 carts over the brim, with items from each department.

Get in the check-out, yank out your wallet, and loudly ask the cashier where do they keep the AR's.

After she replies to the negative... raise your hands up in disbelief and walk straight out.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
I've never even seen one let alone shopped at Dicks.

Doesn't sound like I've missed much.

I would ask if someone's updating the 24hour boycott list but I'm pretty sure that went out the window the day of the Super Bowl.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Dick's was always socks and jocks anyway. I did find some .22 ammo about 5 years ago, when no one else had any, at a fair price. That was the last time I was in there. Frankly, even K-Mart stores had better selections most of the time. If you want a Remington 770, or a Savage Axis, they are the place to go, IF there's a sale on. That's about the extent of their selections, most of the time.

They ARE well-named, but that's no reason to visit their business. I won't be back, ever. Mealy-mouthed snakes won't get my business, either. Like Gander Mountain, without the charm.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Buddy of mine told me that lesbians have been boycotting them for years. When I asked why, he just said; " because they don't like Dick's". .... ( that's an old one but I figured it could get revived in light of recent events).
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
They did this same crap after SandyHook
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
We have two of them in Omaha and I've never spent a dime in either one. I have been in one of them, but was not impressed. We also have Scheel's, Cabela's and Bass Pro. They're the ones that get my business.

Mike
Posted By: Potsy Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
The last few times I've walked into Dick's, I didn't even make it back in to the gun section. They do have a nice golf section. Thinking about buying a set of clubs this fall.

Gunwise, all I ever saw was the same boring price point crap available everywhere else and some cheap AR's (back when they had them).
Now that the cheap AR market is in the crapper (and likely to stay there), Son of Dick decides to try to make an extra buck off townies and soccer moms by exploiting an already bad situation.

Think I'll buy my clubs elsewhere. Bet a lot of folks do...................
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
I stopped shopping there after Sandy Hook.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Don’t know what one looks like from the outside or from the inside, just the name alone.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Email Dicks, let them know your thoughts. Their email is: [email protected]

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it’s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks
We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

This is from their webpage:
Media Statements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a contact for him

[email protected]

They just don't want to piss off all the kids, and their parents, that buy $250 sneakers.
Posted By: djs Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Never cared for Dicks anyway.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by djs
Never cared for Dicks anyway.

Uh huh,
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
We have a LGS here that advertises on the radio. They say they have great prices and excellent customer service "because we're not dicks". Love it. My kind of store!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I stopped shopping there after Sandy Hook.

Yep, and when they built the local Field and Stream, I considered them to be Dicks also. grin

And when I saw that F&S sold AR15's, I really lost them. Heck, I can respect someone not wanting to sell guns, their honest choice.

But, to make huge $$$ selling AR's, then play politics and do a public relations scam condemning what you profited from.
Then, opening a new store selling that which you condemned. HIPOCRACY. Wait, now they are condemning AR's again!!
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Really??
All this [bleep] going down and you want to throw a wedge between outdoorsman.
Yea I am a city slicker and I buy where ever I can find the best deal. Just because they don’t have large sporting goods stores in some rural areas doesn’t mean the rest of us need to not buy what is available near us. For the record I don’t generally shop at Dicks but if they had a deal on something I wanted I wouldn’t think twice to stepping up to the plate.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by add

You should have filled up 2 carts over the brim, with items from each department.

Get in the check-out, yank out your wallet, and loudly ask the cashier where do they keep the AR's.

After she replies to the negative... raise your hands up in disbelief and walk straight out.

Wish we had one locally... I would do that!
What is the damn gun show loophole anyway?
Posted By: Timberlake Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
We have a Dick's store here in Waterloo. I went there once five, maybe six years ago. Nothing there to impress me. Less now. I didn't buy anything either.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18

Dick's had to do something..........even if it's wrong.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Went to Dick's today. - 03/01/18
Originally Posted by add

add,
That's a great idea.

There was this hippy guy back in the 70's who would be proud of you. Abbie Hoffman. Not sure that tactic was ever in his book 'Steal this Book", but perhaps it should have been. Perhaps I need to dig up a copy to see what other measures might be appropriate in this political climate.

If we had a Dicks in the area, I'd do just as you suggested. At least walk up to the register with some expensive items, make them think they've got a good sale, then allow them to re stock it all.

Geno
© 24hourcampfire