Home
If you were going to donate money for the cause of preserving abundant wildlife, which org? I resent my tax dollars supporting left wing causes, much less send them some extra. Who is legit? Are you certain (track record)?
Many farmers and ranchers have done as much as some of the wildlife orgs. have. Note I said many not all.
Do your homework and donate to the outfits that are protecting and preserving wildlife habitat. Habitat loss and habitat degradation are the primary causes of diminishing wildlife populations.
it's all good to a degree. like a florida county commissioner told me once upon a time, that when the pinelands at the edge of town are worth as much or more than the urban properties next door, then investors will begin to invest in pinelands and not urbanized development. it's sad but true, but to change the equation our economic values will have to shift. is that likely to happen? well it could, but it hasn't happened yet, right?
Ducks Unlimited has a pretty good track record of habitat improvement that benefits game and non-game wildlife species. I think the % of money spent on projects is pretty high.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Ducks Unlimited has a pretty good track record of habitat improvement that benefits game and non-game wildlife species. I think the % of money spent on projects is pretty high.

Thanks to all but this is a good start for what I'm looking for.
Best donation you can make is to real conservatives running for office that will uphold Multiple Use.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Best donation you can make is to real conservatives running for office that will uphold Multiple Use.

real conservatives running for office? Pray tell. I live in Nevada where Dean Heller is conservative enough for Trump.
Originally Posted by mudhen
Do your homework and donate to the outfits that are protecting and preserving wildlife habitat. Habitat loss and habitat degradation are the primary causes of diminishing wildlife populations.

https://defenders.org/
Many "conservation" organizations have been coopted with huge foundation and government checks. DU is one, TU for sure, especially BHA. I'd pay attention more to Safari Club (at least their money in Africa doesn't hurt local communities) or even a conservation program within the NRA Foundation.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Many "conservation" organizations have been coopted with huge foundation and government checks. DU is one, TU for sure, especially BHA. I'd pay attention more to Safari Club (at least their money in Africa doesn't hurt local communities) or even a conservation program within the NRA Foundation.

NRA cost themselves 3 life memberships when I got an email from them to vote for harry reid.
I'd put it back into my own land.

Couple tons of lime, some roundup ready corn/soybeans, some plotwork.

The heck with donating it to some bubba organization that will just buy framed prints and artwork to auction off at the next bubba banquet. And if theyre's anything left, they just spend it on limo rentals and taking other fatcats out on hunting trips.

Ninja please
Research Pheasants Forever. I believe that fit your criteria.
© 24hourcampfire