Home
Posted By: MontanaMan Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/18/18
Never have those with so much done so little.

Terrible game strategy, playing a guy who has hardly played all year & who won't shoot for more than half the game while sitting two of his best players, worse than poor execution, worse than poor free throw shooting, which even had it been 60% would have won the game.

Just plain time for Izzo to go.

MM
Naw...

Can you say O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

🤣
Underachievers......................& it starts at the top.

MM
That was an amazing game, the number 300 offense beats the numbah one?
Izzo effed it up at the end. Piss poor strategy in the closing seconds.

He's a great coach though...just not today.
That was hard to watch. Turn down 7 foot shots in the paint to end up taking 25 foot shots with a hand in your face. The offense looked terrible. Gotta give Syracuse credit.
Year after year the media boast about how great they are. Hell they were picked to win the NC at the start of the season by some.

Then there's reality...

They wouldn't have made it past Duke anyways.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Izzo effed it up at the end. Piss poor strategy in the closing seconds.

He's a great coach though...just not today.

It's pretty easy to win with overwhelming talent; not so easy when talent is closer & coaching matters.

U-M's Belien ate his lunch during the Big 10 playoffs too.

Time to make a change.

MM
Posted By: Toddly Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/18/18
Izzo is not the one that couldn't make a shot in the last 5 minutes.
Over the years Izzo has made some epic tourney runs.

You want some real futility drive over to Minnesota.

Over the years, Izzo has had some epic tourney fails.....................with really talented teams.

Can you say Middle Tennessee???????????? & Now, Syracuse.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Over the years, Izzo has had some epic tourney fails.....................with really talented teams.

Can you say Middle Tennessee???????????? & Now, Syracuse.

MM

Just be careful what you wish for...you've had it pretty good for many years.
'Cuse is on the loose look out
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/18/18
Besides his salary, endorsements, social security, and Spanish-American War pension, does Jim Boeheim have other sources of revenue?
Don't know Mich State Syracuse defense is hard to play against with all the zone variations, messes up people's game when what they've been doing all season against man-to-man and vanilla zones doesn't work. It sure as hell isn't the Cuse offense! Boeheim knew that at the start and planned defense, defense, defense.
I laughed when oozo said he planed to press Syracuse harder in the second half when he was on his way into the locker room at halftime. Appears his adjustments didn't work out too well. grin
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
I laughed when oozo said he planed to press Syracuse harder in the second half when he was on his way into the locker room at halftime. Appears his adjustments didn't work out too well. grin

You just made my point..............what adjustments?????????

MM
Posted By: KFWA Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/19/18
Izzo is going to get fired, but not because of this loss

Michigan St has some almost Penn St level issues and Izzo is in the middle of it.
I don't think so.

MM
Posted By: KFWA Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/19/18
I'd be surprised if he didn't announce his "retirement" soon
"Never have those with so much done so little."

Except maybe for Digger Phelps.

"I'd be surprised if he didn't announce his "retirement" soon"

Doubt he wants to 'go home' to Iron Mountain Michigan for the winter any time soon.
Posted By: GregW Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/19/18
Never have those with so much done so little.

Terrible game strategy, playing a guy who has hardly played all year & who won't shoot for more than half the game while sitting two of his best players, worse than poor execution, worse than poor free throw shooting, which even had it been 60% would have won the game.

Just plain time for Izzo to go.

MM

Laughing....
Izzo is one of the top five coaches in the country and has been for quite sometime...

If you fire him, I'd also fire Roy Williams, Bennett, Cronin, etc. this weekend...

They all got whooped for your same reasons....
Boiler Up
Originally Posted by GregW
Izzo is one of the top five coaches in the country and has been for quite sometime...

If you fire him, I'd also fire Roy Williams, Bennett, Cronin, etc. this weekend...

Izzo WAS one of the top 5 coaches..................

He's lost to losers too many times, way too early; he's not hungry (or poor) anymore.

MM

Izzo WAS one of the top 5 coaches..................

He's lost to losers too many times, way too early; he's not hungry (or poor) anymore.

MM

Everybody's lost to losers. It's college basketball.

You'll never know what you have if Izzo's not at MSU...
That's true, could go from bad to worse.

The only mitigating factor for this team, is that they were very young.

But his teams just have far too much of an underachiever records.

The loss in the 1st round a couple of years ago to Middle Tennessee was only slightly worse that the loss to Syracuse; hard to make excuses.

MM
I was at this game with my youngest daughter and wife. Good thing we watch the game before with Purdue and Butler. That was a good game compared to the MSU stinker.
I think Izzo is tired from the beating he has taken the last two months.He looks worn out and drained when they interviewed him.

I don't believe Izzo should be fired.

LCA is a nice venue, did not get a chance to walk around, we were in a suite.
Posted By: SKane Re: Mich State Should Fire Izzo - 03/19/18

Yep. And everyone writes off Syracuse...................until tourney time.
Michigan State was beaten by one of Jim Boeheim's best coaching performances ever. (also one of the best coaches - ever)

State isn't going to fire Izzo. This Nassar thing won't go away though.

He's been given some slack because his kids were in the middle of their season AND they were expected to go deep if not all the way. MSU is in full court press trying to turn the Nassar thing around. Former alum, Gov, and Senate Majority leader Engler is fighting hard to turn the tide. But the whole thing stinks and people are getting fed up. Izzo had a couple of players and an asst involved in some bad things. He's never answered the questions thrown at him - only that he'd "cooperate".

Season is over. Focus is going to change. He may not survive it.
© 24hourcampfire