Home
Posted By: high_country_ Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/29/18
Is there any diy products that are tintable and anywhere close to as durable and colorful as linex body armour?
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/30/18
This evening I put my first coat of Durabak bedlinen on the floor of my 1982 CJ7 (black brushed on). It had a lot more texture to it then the rattle can product I tried prior. I will put a second coat on over the week end and let you know what I think....I am a big fan of Rhino (currently have 4 truck beds Rhino lined) NOT Linex...The one time I tried it did not hold up like rhino.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/30/18
Either linex or rhino goes on hot. I think it’s linex. I’ve had it on two trucks. Only one had a chip in it on tailgate. I drug something out unloading it. ( i think a grill size piece of pipe. ) i
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/30/18
I have seen tintable DIY bedliner I have some experience with both DIY and sprayed on bedliner. Depends on the vehicle and your preference. No doubt the commercial sprayed in bedliner is superior to the DIY. I think rhinoliner is superior to linex if the cost is compable. Both are good.
Definately would not use the DIY products on a new or late model vehicle. It isnt as thick, durable or as attractive. I repainted my water truck last fall, a 1970 Ford F650. Used rustoleum bedliner in a can to paint the steps. Did a lot of prep work taking it down to bare metal a taking out the dents. Took four cans for two steps about three feet long. I am very pleased with it and seems to be holding up well. It has a very nice, fine texture but the coating is not very thick. Will see how it holds up.
Final results will depend on the prep work, just like any other paint job..I would definitely recommend professional sprayed on unless you just have a small area to do.
Posted By: Vek Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/30/18
I’m going to try monstaliner for the bed and rocker on my pickup...Jeep guys like it, lots of photos on various 4x4 forums.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/31/18
Just put the second coat of brush on Durabak on my CJ7 floor...I will gladly text pictures to anyone who would like to see the results...just PM me number....I will give it a good look over tomorrow in the daylight but so far so good.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/31/18
I have never seen a DIY bed liner that wasn't some sort of a hot mess. I've only seen one that turned out OK. I have an 84 Short box Chevy that someone positively ruined the box with it. The one i did see that was OK a friend was SUPER careful and followed instructions to the T. My daily driver trucks have been Line-X and its far superior.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Diy bedliner vs linex - 03/31/18
Line-X for me, two different trucks, very happy, money well spent IMHO.
© 24hourcampfire