Home
Posted By: Elkliver Site is unusable - 03/30/18
This is ridiculous. The site is unusable with virus/popups. And I'm not talking the Chevy add. The full on re direct and you can't go back have to kill the page. I'll go find some place else to visit
Posted By: EdM Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
I suggest you abandon it. It worked for me.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by Elkliver
This is ridiculous. The site is unusable with virus/popups. And I'm not talking the Chevy add. The full on re direct and you can't go back have to kill the page. I'll go find some place else to visit

Android phone?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Adblock Plus?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Adblock Plus?

At least for windows

Dolphin for iOS.
Posted By: kududude Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18

Yeah, I have Adblock Plus and I still cannot keep logged on. Stupid.

kd
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Adblock works very well for me.
Plus I have Malwarebytes Premium, and ccleaner.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Refresh adblock, if that doesn't do it, uninstall and reinstall.
I've had to do that in the past, but has not happened for years.
I don't use a phone to access here.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18

Bye...
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by 700LH
Refresh adblock, if that doesn't do it, uninstall and reinstall.
I've had to do that in the past, but has not happened for years.
I don't use a phone to access here.

This.

Occasionally Adblock will break and new a fresh install.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
If you're using a real computer clear your browser cache. An evil script might have gotten in there somehow and gets run whenever the campfire comes up. Ad blockers block the script from getting on your computer in the first place, not from running once they get (somehow) through. Don't know about phones.

I'm running Adblocker Ultimate but never had a problem when running any of the Adblocker series. I run CCleaner every so often which will clear cache and delete a bunch of other junk. The free version which will throw a little "buy me" popup on occasion but not even a minor annoyance really.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
No Script gives you full control of what can run. Everything is blocked by default, and only you can allow the scripts to run. I think No Script is better than any ad blocking program, but I still use both. I use Ad Nauseam, because it tells the advertisers that I clicked on their ad, and instead it blocks it, so it [bleep] up their data because every ad it sees, it does the same. The total estimated cost for this year of blocking ads is nearly $20K. That a lot of wasted revenue. Join the club. Ad Nauseam & No Script is the best I've ever used.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
That's why I dropped No Script. It blocked EVERYTHING including stuff I wanted to see and whitelisting got to be a pain in the ass.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by nighthawk
That's why I dropped No Script. It blocked EVERYTHING including stuff I wanted to see and whitelisting got to be a pain in the ass.

You can Whitelist for good. There is a temporary whitelist and a permanent one. It's easy to setup the permanent ones once you figure out which ones are valid. Sure it takes a little more effort, but 'It Don't Come Easy'...

Posted By: JSTUART Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18

Well...bye.

Too stupid to consider some of the redirects would be deliberate ploys by anti firearms nuts.
Posted By: kingston Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Get adblock
Posted By: las Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
I've been on here awhile (have no clue how long, but my posts are outrageous) with Safari and High Sierra.. Apple. No problems. No adblock either i think- tho my wife takes care of that sort of thing.

She's a good wife..... smile

I have gotten the occaisional redirect, but not from this site. I just close the computer down and start over. Worked so far.

Convenience has it's costs. Deal with it.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Several sites became unusable for me. Adblock plus changed it all. I do all my web surfing on Google Chromebook.
Posted By: kellory Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
This is the ONLY site I have trouble with pop ups and redirects.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by kududude

kd

Don't know why everyone has these issues.. Using Chrome and Adblock+ I have ZERO issues with this site....
Posted By: pahick Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
There is an ad blocker for pretty much every platform today. Learn to use your equipment.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
I have an Android Tracfone. I'm guessing that they have some kind of built in popup blocker. On this site, I get a few ads but they all show up as posts so I can just scroll right by them. They're no problem at all. I NEVER get a popup.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Only real trouble I have with my iPad and Firefox is that when I'm in Privacy mode and click on a link or add a window to look elswhere, I lose the cookie (or whatever) that keeps me logged in. Only matters if I'm posting, so I don't do those things if I'm running my mouth.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Yup, unusable.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
zero issues here but I can't use it on the iPhone, because I can't deal with all that fine print or scrolling, I have NO clue why anyone would even want to TRY to use a website on the iPhone. Nuts. IMHO.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18

That's been something I've learned to live with whenever I use my iPhone to access the site, just like you describe. On computer, though, I don't have any issues.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by rost495
zero issues here but I can't use it on the iPhone, because I can't deal with all that fine print or scrolling, I have NO clue why anyone would even want to TRY to use a website on the iPhone. Nuts. IMHO.
I FULLY agree. But then, I'm retired and have good access to my computer most of the time. I don't have to read the 24hr posts while sitting in the office restroom.
Posted By: buddy Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
I can`t use IE for this site anymore, but works great on firefox.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by Redneck

kd

Don't know why everyone has these issues.. Using Chrome and Adblock+ I have ZERO issues with this site....

Ditto......
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
It seems that a lot of IPhone users have issues here. Maybe it's the ghost of Steve Jobs? IIRC, he was anti-hunting.

Adblock+ and Firefox on Android phone, Android tablet, and laptop and desktop computers with Win 10, has kept me from seeing any issues here for probably 3-4 years.

No Chevy adds. Nothing.

Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
I use an iPhone and it works fine, but one day about two weeks ago it would immmediately redirect me. Couldn't get on for more than a few seconds. That lasted about 24 hours.

The next day it was fine and zero problems before or since. Fugg it.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
My old android could not use this site, every interference imaginable, my new one can.
My PC at home suffers terribly from frozen windows and endless hourglass but again, only on this site and no other.
John
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
My old android could not use this site, every interference imaginable, my new one can.
My PC at home suffers terribly from frozen windows and endless hourglass but again, only on this site and no other.
John

John, there is a better than average chance these fora are targeted.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by kingston
Get adblock

+1
Posted By: denton Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
With Chrome and Adblock Plus, I have no problems on my desktop computer.

With my Andriod phone, it's another story. I get really annoying interrupts that try to lock me up until I click on a link that is supposed to help me recover from "four virus" that are crippling my phone. Of course, you should NEVER click on a link in an ad like that, unless you want malware installed. The BACK button won't take me out of the scareware ad, so I have to leave the page. Yeah, it is annoying as heck.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by denton
With Chrome and Adblock Plus, I have no problems on my desktop computer.

With my Andriod phone, it's another story. I get really annoying interrupts that try to lock me up until I click on a link that is supposed to help me recover from "four virus" that are crippling my phone. Of course, you should NEVER click on a link in an ad like that, unless you want malware installed. The BACK button won't take me out of the scareware ad, so I have to leave the page. Yeah, it is annoying as heck.

Yep,
That was what my recently replaced android suffered badly from. I also believe that IT is a controlled cancer that attacks out devices to aggravate us enough to turn away from our choices.
John
Posted By: kellory Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18
Learning ain't the issue. It is a company phone, and not to be altered.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Site is unusable - 03/30/18

kd

You have to configure your android or IOS to allow it's use. I don't remember how to do it as it was a long time ago but the directions are out there.
Posted By: pahick Re: Site is unusable - 03/31/18
If you have an android phone, forget messing with your browser. Grab an app called Blokada. When you set it up, look for the spot where it says "blacklist". Turn on AdZHosts and MoAB. Itll block ads in apps too.
Posted By: hanco Re: Site is unusable - 03/31/18
I have Adblock, works fine!
© 24hourcampfire