I posting photos of San Francisco:[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Pretty sad...

And they evidently want more of it.
What a s h i t hole and it couldn't have happened to a better city.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Boston isn't immune..and would probably be ever bit as bad, (if not already) if they had Caliotoe's weather.
It is insanity to allow this to happen to our cities. surely there is some sort of a solution, if nothing else camps like during WWII.
How about let have camp akin to refugee camps, and if your homeless you can stay there.
Normal society should not have to live with this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bos...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=_
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Anyone remember the fire last year in Atalanta that caused the freeway to collapse?
Skip and a hop from being Port au Prince's sister city.
Home sweet home....
We call this a "bad thing" where I come from.

Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
[Linked Image]

Ed
These pics are more interesting than $100 bowls of fish-head soup.

Just sayin wink
Yeah, but Ranger Green is being merciful - only visits and photographs the "better" parts of SF.
Which one is Pelosi's house?
Sure that's not Portland?
Last time I was there, the day of my mom's funeral

[Linked Image]

Now that both of my folks have passed I have no reason or desire to ever go there again.
Thats too bad.

I did like the crapped out van next to the no parking sign however.

I was in San Francisco 20 years ago. My Aunt and Uncle live in Palo Alto.

Took me to see the sights, eat some food and watched a production of Phantom of the Opera.

Gawddamnedest thing I ever saw. I did not see any thing like that.....but they would not have taken me to those areas anyway.

What the hell causes all of that? Drugs I suppose?
You obviously haven't been to Boston if you think SF has some sort of a monopoly on blight...
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats too bad.

Took me to see the sights, eat some food and watched a production of Phantom of the Opera.

Gawddamnedest thing I ever saw. I did not see any thing like that.....but they would not have taken me to those areas anyway.

A majority of homeless are mentally ill, drunks, or drug addicts, or combination. Cities, especially liberal cities provide free services, allow begging, etc that enables and promotes those types of behaviors. If I have to work for my beer, they should too. I don’t mind helping the down and out or mentally ill, but the rest should starve. Missoula started a shelter and it’s turned into a mess. Don’t ever give to a begger or build a free shelter, because they will come, trash your parks and chit on your streets. Bad life choices shouldn’t be rewarded.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Boston isn't immune..and would probably be ever bit as bad, (if not already) if they had Caliotoe's weather.
It is insanity to allow this to happen to our cities. surely there is some sort of a solution, if nothing else camps like during WWII.
How about let have camp akin to refugee camps, and if your homeless you can stay there.
Normal society should not have to live with this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bos...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=_

Well when 1% of the people have most of the money something's got to give. I remember growing up in a 60s built suburb in a medium sized town. I went to school with guys who's dads worked at the hardware store, drove the milk truck, worked in a mill type of deal and that was enough to raise a family and own a decent house. Two of those wages wouldn't do it now, there's a lot of working homeless not far from here. Not sure what the answer is.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Thats too bad.

A majority of homeless are mentally ill, drunks, or drug addicts, or combination. Cities, especially liberal cities provide free services, allow begging, etc that enables and promotes those types of behaviors. If I have to work for my beer, they should too. I don’t mind helping the down and out or mentally ill, but the rest should starve. Missoula started a shelter and it’s turned into a mess. Don’t ever give to a begger or build a free shelter, because they will come, trash your parks and chit on your streets. Bad life choices shouldn’t be rewarded.

From contacts with them 90% is drug relates/caused. Most become brain damaged, thus mentally ill. The Stormin' is right; most stay here because of the handouts. Stay here long enough and the drug pipeline flows a steady supply. Of course, sometimes you mobile lab burns down the encampment. God Bless our firemen who have to go into those hazmat situations.

Of course, liberal policies are a strong component of this mess. but they will not admit it.
Originally Posted by Salty303
I went to school with guys who's dads worked at the hardware store, drove the milk truck, worked in a mill type of deal and that was enough to raise a family and own a decent house. Two of those wages wouldn't do it now, there's a lot of working homeless not far from here. Not sure what the answer is.

Yes you can. You can't be wasteful but one income can totally support a family. Will it support the NFL package on direct tv, an iphone x, two car payments, and a house above their means? No. But you can do it.
Never thought of that before Ranger Green.

A drug pipeline following these people to the next liberal area.

Sorta like a bizzaro Field of Dreams.
Fantastic!!!!

My fav!

[Linked Image]
I have zero sympathy for these people.. they are the ones that did it to themselves..

and then they blame society, as if it everyone else's fault for their plight but themselves.

best contribution many of these people can do to society is O.D. themselves

Major Addendum....

With a very courteous email from a fellow forum member, he brought up a very good point..

Homeless veterans.....

I don't include homeless veterans in my opinion and post above...

it is a sin for this nation that we even have homeless veterans, unless that is the choice of the veteran themselves.

As many known, my military choice to serve was that as a corpsman.. with both field and hospital experience.
taking tall the training the US Army would allow me to take...and was even denied more that I was earmarked for
after they were having to do a Reduction in Force, what we who served knew as RIF...

A veterans well being , both physical and mentally/emotionally are very important issues to me personally.
Hell if I won the big lottery, I wouldn't be on vacation for the rest of my life.. I'd be volunteering down at the
VA Hospitals, doing anything and everything they would allow me to do, 5 days a week or more as needed...
That is where my time would be spent.

From drug treatment if that is what is needed etc... Our nation owes a debt to those that served, much more
than all the money they spend on the welfare of illegal aliens, ghetto and trailer park welfare rats...these Transient types.

Why is the well bottomless for these peoples needs and our veterans have to go thru what they do to get what they
need in life.. be it a job, a place to live, health care etc....

You served.. you are my brother... period.

So if any of our vets got offended by my above post, I extend my apologies...

transients by choice, vs veterans down on their luck, when their nation won't take care of them and their needs
is two different things, entirely....

and a public "Thank you" to 'Brian' for bringing this over sight to my attention...
Bump
Huddling masses, yearning to breathe free...
Originally Posted by kingston
Fantastic!!!!

My fav!

[Linked Image]

If that was parked by a river I would expect to see Bristoe lounging nearby? smile
Ranger, I've seen 'bum/squatter camps' the likes of that before, but not really ever in Boston. If I were to hazard a guess, I think it's because of a few things. First, the state and city offer lots of options that 'homeless' persons can utilize. There are several shelters in the city proper, including ones for veterans, women, women with kids, younger homeless people as well as general shelters. In addition, it is my understanding that the city has been shelling out all kinds of money to rent out motels/hotels to house the overflow when the shelters are full up. So, if the city will put these types up, they don't need to set up an outdoors bum camp. Big investment on these shytbirds that the taxpayers will never see a return on. One caveat though as far as gaining entrance to a shelter: they won't let people who appear high on drugs or have been drinking in any of them, and if what I've been told is correct, they are strict about this. Which explains why you will see bums/junkies sleeping on the sidewalk, on steam grates, in alleys and in business entrances (when the stores are closed).

I suspect that another reason you don' see bum camps in Boston is not only authorities breaking up said camps, but *citizens* living in parts of the city where these kinds of bum camps might be found would take it upon themselves to make it known to those playing the urban wild Indian game, that if they choose to stay, they'd wish they hadn't. The bums aren't the only ones who know how to use matches... In the very few instances where I've seen an encampment start to form with more than a single inhabitant, the city has stepped in quickly and dispersed the 'residents' as well as their 'camp crap'. Not good for tourism, wot? wink

Having looked a bit, it seems that Boston and SF have very similar city stats, including numbers of homeless. So why then does SF have places such as the ones you showed, and Boston, to the best of my knowledge and experience, doesn't? It's not because we have fewer shiftless, deadbeat druggie losers. We have plenty, and they can be seen alternately begging, sleeping on the sidewalks and doing the oxy-zombie stumble, but again, for whatever reason, even in the warm weather months the kinds of well populated bum setups the likes of which you've shown just don't happen, as I think even in this east coast liberal haven, people draw the line at good for nothing, shiftless, drugged out and drunken bums living in filth in makeshift camps. Stagger down the street howling at the moon? Fine, just don't touch me and keep moving and we're OK. Try to set up a shopping cart camp with cardboard and pallets and open fires and tarps? Oh, no you don't.

Hey Slumlord, tell me more about this $100 soup. I've never heard of such a thing, so I'm really intrigued. How many critter heads does it come with per bowl? Any less than five and I'll feel like maybe it's overpriced..

https://www.statista.com/chart/6949/the-us-cities-with-the-most-homeless-people/
Slummy is just jealous that he didn't grow up in a such a nice home as those posted.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
[Linked Image]

If I slept in that van I would be crippled , the wheel off causing the whole thing to lean and all.....
I can't get my head wrapped around as to why people want this in their city.
There is a trailer park here in little Buffalo Wyoming that is as bad as any of this. I am not sure how people get to that position in life. The landlord here should be ashamed for collecting rent. Deporable. place , I hauled two cars out of there the other day that the guy in the trailer claimed been there 4 years.....
Originally Posted by wyoming260
There is a trailer park here in little Buffalo Wyoming that is as bad as any of this. I am not sure how people get to that position in life. The landlord here should be ashamed for collecting rent. Deporable. place , I hauled two cars out of there the other day that the guy in the trailer claimed been there 4 years.....

Please don't tell me Buffalo looks like that!

(SF)Where are the photos of steamin' piles on the sidewalk?
Very possibly the worst bum camp I've ever seen was actually pretty much a whole part of town in Arizona on the San Carlos Apache reservation. JFC that was a world class dump, and I've been around a bit. I mean it made most of the hard core, inner city ghetto areas I have known look like a semi-paradise.

I must add that outside that place, in the field it was just beautiful and magical and made for a great bunch of memories hunting. I imagine I will get back there, as I had so much fun, but after I buy my tags that'll be the end of my interactions in town...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can't get my head wrapped around as to why people want this in their city.

I don't think anyone wants it, but San Fran bought into the whole hippy peace thing.

Let's face it, some people need to have their ass kicked and when a society as a whole refuses to hand out said ass kickings, society as a whole crumbles.
The Bike/Multi use trails in Denver look like that now. When the weather gets bad enough, they abandon their "campsites" and leave all kinds of trash, stripped bicycles, and used syringes strewn about. The Libs want to make room for more. WTF???

Sorta like a bizzaro Field of Dreams.

'Field of Dems.'
😬😬
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Very possibly the worst bum camp I've ever seen was actually pretty much a whole part of town in Arizona on the San Carlos Apache reservation. JFC that was a world class dump, and I've been around a bit. I mean it made most of the hard core, inner city ghetto areas I have known look like a semi-paradise.

I must add that outside that place, in the field it was just beautiful and magical and made for a great bunch of memories hunting. I imagine I will get back there, as I had so much fun, but after I buy my tags that'll be the end of my interactions in town...

Those were good posts about that trip.
All,

Kamo hit the reason on the head why there are homeless in San Francisco (More like 7500 counted by volunteer census; many more than that uncounted). The People of Boston won't tolerate it past a certain point. San Francisco is near that point but most SanFranciscans are too timid, too scared, too "won't-get-their-own- hands-dirty" (Help me. I can't remember the word for this) or too smart to get caught doing rough deeds at night. About twenty years ago the famous Democratic Mayor, the man who gave us Kamala Harris, made a deal and moved prostitutes out of one district and shoved them into a neighborhood. That neighborhood became a circus. The crowds of louts formed to watch the hooker ply their trade outnumbered the johns. The mess collapsed into a nightmare of a mess. Hookers arrested for their acts were taken to jail and released by the Sheriff who wanted nothing to do with them, The girls were back on the street before the ink on the reports were dry. I talked to older cops who remember arresting the same girls three times in one night. One homeowner had enough made some caltriops out of rebar. Tired of the used condoms littering his driveway, he climbed onto a church tower and hurled the caltrops onto the street where the louts were driving around in their parade of stupidity. One piece hit the roof of the car and the low-life owner jumped out and caught the neighborhood vigilante. The poor soul spent six months in jail. This town will lock up anyone who makes the city look inept (like they need anyone to help).

The famous hippie background, the liberal bastion of crazy, the "we are better for loved trumps hate" has made this city the greatest "Enabler" of homeless. Handouts, great weather, and "Gosh I want to make the world a better place so I will give my change to this poor,poor man" make it easy for the junkies to survive and feed their drug habit. Then the real fun begins. A couple of years ago, the former administration's Department of Justice introduced itself into a lawsuit between Boise and some bum. The DOJ declared that if the city won't give that poor poor man a place to sleep, the cops can't make him move, as he has the right to the public space as any other man. This sent ripples through the major cities,who were almost all aligned with the then current dominant political party, or else dependent on federal money, and curtailed their enforcement policies. People complained that the cops didn't do their job; it was more like the cops were told not to infringe on the bum's right or it would go badly for them. As in the the violation of (a bum's) constitutional rights under the color of authority, which is federal penitentiary time for bad cops.Seattle was sued by the ACLU on behalf of a junkie whose stuff was thrown out by the Public Works crew cleaning out a bad trash infested homeless campsite. The ACLU won, because "Seattle did not properly inventory and store that man's personal private property". $600,000 down the tube. A judge here went further ( I think he is vying for a seat on the 9th Circuit):https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/S-F-judge-explains-why-66-000-arrest-warrants-10645460.php

The decent people here were being out done by the idiots who were vying to be more "Liberal than thou".

The City had a public assistance program designed to aid single mothers. After usurping the Sanctuary City mantle from other places like San Diego, who used it to protect illegals. The illegals, especially the women and kids were easy targets of creeps. The idea was that the illegals could not go to the cops, and therefore were easy prey for the predators. As a Sanctuary City, the illegals could go to the cops and report the crimes and not be complete victims. The baddest of the illegals, if convicted, would be taken by INS. San Francisco screwed this one up by declaring Sanctuary city status for people deserting the first Gulf War, and other such idiocy, to include the famous policy of not cooperating with INS except for the most violent of felons (Our next Governor, the Anointed One, screwed this up badly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Ramos) . They also expanded the aid programs to those without ids, hiding int he shadows. Spend thirty days i the city and you establish residency. Establish residency and you get several hundred bucks in cash monthly, along with an EBT card with three hundred more on it. The bums started flocking here. Then California all but legalizes meth and heroin (see Prop 47, the Safer Neighborhood and Schools Act https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_47_(2014)), and voila!, these camps were increased.

Steaming piles of feces? You really want me to post pictures of that? We helped our Public Works break down a "tiny house" box where the thugpimp and his working girl stayed with their dog. They were laying on bedding resting on two layers of dogshit. I am still gagging. http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

Veterans: In the last fifteen years I found only two Vietnam Vets who were homeless, and about two hundred fakers using stolen valor to beg a buck off some fool. One came from the ghetto and went back to it, becoming a mid-level criminal. That is all he knew what to do. The other, a broken man, I met while as he was limping the all night trek to get to the VA Hospital located in the nicer part of town. He needed to go at night so no one would complain about the disheveled old man in their nice manicured neighborhood. He needed his cane to make it. It was not too long after 9-11, and he was angry about it. We talked and I found that he was also a former paratrooper and that we served in the same brigade of the 82 ABN, though thirty years apart. While talking he became fired up, and raising his voice and his cane, shaking with rage , he bellowed that he would still fight for America. The other cops on my shift, not sympathetic to veterans at all (this is San Francisco, and all vets are psychos and bums) raced to our location due to the numerous emergency calls of strange men in the street yelling "AIRBORNE!" and "AMERICA!" at the tops of our lungs. The cops left, some disgusted, some amused, some getting a little more insight to veterans. I gave him a ride to the hospital and my cell number but I never heard from him again.

The only recent veterans I have ran into were entry level separations, basic training washouts, all with war stories from a war they didn't get to, and all with PTSD and getting VA money. I have found a couple of older homeless (real) vets, and God in Heaven Help me, Swords to Plowshares is helping so much more than the understaffed and overwhelmed local VA. I might help get three of them out of their cars and into VA-HUD housing. The VA folks and the HUD folks are working hard with little assets and doing their best, but finding real estate is a real problem. So Seafire, Brother, Friend, thank you for the words of encouragement foir sometimes I feel that I am a pilgrim in an unholy land.

More to come later. I hope I don't lose my job over this.
Seattle and Portland are likely worse at this point than SF. Portland I’d give the crown. It defies description what these folks not only allow, but seemingly encourage in their city.

As noted, many reservations are far, far worse. But then, they ain’t America. They are sovereign lands. I’ve no use for the tribes but it hurts to see kids on the Rez. Most ain’t got a shot.
From Ranger Green...

"I hope I don't lose my job over this."

My God, what kind of country do we live in when a LEO has to have a worry
like this, after serving his community and serving his country....

Stacy, I am certain I am not the only one....but you and your family are in my prayers...

Sure wish I knew of an Police Dept that paid better and had an opening for a man of your caliber
and humility....

This entire situation proves in point, that anything to do with liberalism is the real enemy to this nation...

They piss on our veterans, they piss on our Law Enforcement Officers...

all the while glorifying foreign people, bums, drug addicts and anything else that is a financial drain
to this nation, instead of any type of financial contributor...

creating a social elite caste system, while they live behind the gates of their gated communities and talk
about all the 'social wrongs' they righted this week.. at their Saturday night cocktail parties...

The "let them eat cake" crowd....

The future is not going to end well for one side or the other....

Addendum:

And Stacy MY brother, you ARE a Pilgrim in an UNHOLY LAND....
© 24hourcampfire