Home
The Western Hunter Magazine ran a scaled down version of my elk story in the new issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All right. Good deal there for sure.
Most excellent.
Congratulations. Hunting stories are way better than politics...
I’m proud for you, Ted! That’s a great honor.
Good deal
Well done, sir.
Congrats!
Congrats Ted!!
Cool as hell.
Thanks guys...... I was tickled for sure
Cool!!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Cool as hell.

You bet it is, Congratulations Ted.
Reminds me of the stories I used to read growing up, in Outdoor Life and Sports Afield. Played a big role in my goal of getting a Wildlife Ecology degree with a communications minor. Always wanted to be an outdoors writer and have my own TV show. Well done!
Congrats....now you can post in the Gun writers forum!
Congrats and well done. Both the hunt and the writing. Enjoyable read...
Congrat's and well earned.
Nice.
Extremely Bully!!!!! Well done!
Great story - Great bull !
Congratulations on both !
I'm totally jealous...of the hunt AND the mag story......
That is cool, Ted - Congrats!
Congratulations on both the hunt and published story!
Way to go Ted.....several years ago Fur Fish and Game printed a picture of a big Bobcat I caught in their "end of the line" section.
My fifteen minutes of fame was more like fifteen seconds but seeing my picture in a magazine was pretty cool.
I remember reading your post about the hunt. Congratulations.
Wow! Just wow!! Congrats Ted...
That is really cool !!

Congratulations!!
Great stuff, congrats to you.

Nice bull.
Great article! congratulations!
Nice Ted, congrats!
Nicely done! Pard's been in a few and bought extra copies, which he framed and hung next to the mount. Turned out pretty cool.
Neat; congats on the Bull and the publication.
Nicely done!
Great story

Congrats. Good to read stuff like this on here
Mine is sitting still sealed on my dining room table I’ll check it out congrats squared man!!!
Great write up!
Congratulations great write up.

Nicely done Ted! I didn’t write either story but ended up in two by virtue of being in a camp with Judd Cooney once and also a Petersen’s Hunting writer both of whom included me and pic’s in their stories. In the latter case it was a Bill-something, IIRC, who wrote for Petersen’s and I can’t remember which mag Cooney wrote for at that time in the late ‘80’s or early ‘90’s, but some general hunting mag.
COOL! CONGRATS!
No way the story is true. I have it on good campfire authority that all M700 bolt handles fall off, the only thing a Leupold is good for is a boat anchor, and Accubonds couldn't penetrate a coyote. Not to mention the .30-06 is too powerful/not powerful enough/too common/not a 6.5 creed or .223 AI. Nope, I'm not believing the story at all!
Originally Posted by K1500
No way the story is true. I have it on good campfire authority that all M700 bolt handles fall off, the only thing a Leupold is good for is a boat anchor, and Accubonds couldn't penetrate a coyote. Not to mention the .30-06 is too powerful/not powerful enough/too common/not a 6.5 creed or .223 AI. Nope, I'm not believing the story at all!

And yet will all those disadvantages, he still got one....outstanding! wink

Congrats Ted!

Seems like that would have been a good advertising opportunity for your studinator, rifle-hanginator, strap-wart thingy! smile
That's fantastic Ted. That's a really cool deal. I'll go try and find that issue and read the details. I remember you posting that here.
Enjoyed the heck outa that! Tks for posting Ted and congrats on a heckuva trophy. Those well earned ones make for many a good memory.
Nicely done!
Congrats Ted, great Elk, fantastic hunt/experience and a wonderful article. Memories that will last forever enjoy. Gary U
Congratulations on the Bull and the magazine article.
Congrats, nice story !!

Ted

That old ticker of yours seems to have healed well. I think your good to go after testing yourself on that exciting hunt. I too would be very proud of that bull. Heck I would be proud of a dink bull Elk. GW
Two Thumbs up!

Geno

Ted

That old ticker of yours seems to have healed well. I think your good to go after testing yourself on that exciting hunt. I too would be very proud of that bull. Heck I would be proud of a dink bull Elk. GW
COOL deal right there, the way it should be done, CONGRATS on a fine bull and hunt with compadres.
Congratulations, Ted!
Congratulations!!!
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Ted

Ted,

I want to suggest that you drop off a few magazine copies to your surgeon's office.

In this same vein (sorry about the pun, I cannot help it!), I think you should include this picture of yourself after your heart surgery!

[Linked Image]

Write on the magazine article something like "Look what I was able to do after Dr. xxxx fixed me up!" :-)

Anyway, you write well and are an inspiration to many of us!

John
Thanks guys but the aneurysm surgery came after that elk hunt.

I was hunting with that huge time bomb and didn't know it.
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Thanks guys but the aneurysm surgery came after that elk hunt.

I was hunting with that huge time bomb and didn't know it.

Ah, sorry for getting the timeline wrong.

A time bomb in your chest -- a huge one indeed!

I'm very glad that hunt didn't finish you!

John
No worries jpb

I appreciate that you remembered my surgery at all.

Thank You !!
Originally Posted by Springcove
Congratulations. Hunting stories are way better than politics...

Roger that.

Great job on that elk and this story.
This is too friggin cool, congrats! cool cool cool cool
Congrats!!
Well done, congratulations!
Another congratulations on your story. Just think, we were treated with your story first. So again, thanks for telling us about your hunting trips. As well, as telling us about your time bomb in your chest. I hope The Dr's. did a good job, so you can be back on The Hill chasing those critters around with your trusty 30-06!
Take care.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Another congratulations on your story. Just think, we were treated with your story first. So again, thanks for telling us about your hunting trips. As well, as telling us about your time bomb in your chest. I hope The Dr's. did a good job, so you can be back on The Hill chasing those critters around with your trusty 30-06!
Take care.

My pleasure..... I'm glad to be around to share
© 24hourcampfire