Home
With Bravazo closing in at the finish, he almost caught Justify. A bit longer race and he might have. I don't think Justify gets it done in the Belmont.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Will Justify win the Belmont? - 05/20/18
Nothing like negativity.
I wouldn't bet against him.
My money is on Justify
Slop track, slow pace, thick fog...that horse was confused and didn't run hard.

Don't bet against him, he's never been beat.
You could see Justify looking off to the side almost the entire race. He wasn't into it at all.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Will Justify win the Belmont?

If yesterday had been the Belmont at a mile & a half, he would have lost; he'll have to be better than he was yesterday.

But he'll still be the overwhelming favorite.

MM
Looked like the jockey ran him just enough to stay in the front and win, with that track why do more.
Originally Posted by jk16
Nothing like negativity.

Not being negative, just pointing out what I saw Saturday. He only beat Bravazo by 3/4 of a length who was closing. Another 1/16 of a mile ( the Derby distance ) and it may have been a different story but we'll see in 3 weeks.
I think he will🤠
We know Bob Baffert won’t have the field stacked with horses used to running a mile and a half at the Belmont again this year.
The Belmont is the great equalizer...usually.

Lots of horses win the first two races.

A Triple Crown winner is rare for a reason.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Officially by 31 lengths. This is undoubtably the greatest sporting event that I have ever witnessed. I made $100 in bets at work and back in '73 that was a lot of money.
The movie with Diane Lane was good!!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Will Justify win the Belmont? - 05/20/18
no one has any idea what he'd do against the field on a dry track
Virtually impossible to predict with any surety.

Much longer race, can't know track condition at post time, can't know how well Justify will recover*, and there are always a lot of fresh horses at Belmont.

*I've read that the recovery time for a horse after one of these races is greater than the interval between them. That's a compromise.

Then again, if I was a bettor, I'd put money on Justify.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Greatest performance I have ever seen by a racehorse. There will never be another Secretariat.

No idea on what Justify will do in this race, probably get beat by a fresh horse.
Posted By: djs Re: Will Justify win the Belmont? - 05/20/18
The Belmont (the longest race at 1.5 miles long) has brought the downfall of many Triple Crown hopefuls. I'd sure like to see Justify win the Triple Crown though.
Secretariat was an anomaly—he died at 19 and at the necropsy his heart wouldn’t fit in a 5 gallon pail.
Only thing I know of horses is to stay off them.
Like to see a triple crown winner plus with the end of it puts us closer to college football.
He certainly could win at Belmont. Did Smith turn him loose, or just do what it took to win? He WAS getting run down, at the end, but of course Bravazo ALSO just ran a race....I'd defiantly put a win bet on Justify, but cover the bases, with a couple of other bets. Depends on what the odds are, too. Winning anything is good, but winning more, is better. I never bet a whole bunch, though. Just what I would spend for any other day of entertainment.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Will Justify win the Belmont? - 05/20/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Lots of horses win the first two races.

A Triple Crown winner is rare for a reason.

This ^^^^^^
© 24hourcampfire