Home
This was about 80 miles from here this morning.

MOUNTAIN HOME, Idaho (AP) — Officials in southwestern Idaho say a sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man who threatened deputies with a military-style knife.

Elmore County Sheriff Mike Hollinshead says deputies responded Friday morning to reports of a man driving recklessly on private property.

The man attempted to elude authorities but deputies disabled his vehicle and a foot pursuit began.

Hollinshead says one of the deputies opened fire when the man took out a large knife and threatened the deputies.

The man's name hasn't been released.
Suicide by cop.
Speaking of knives look at p. 66 of the June 2018 American Rifleman. There is a picture of WWI (presumably) Americans manning a Hotchkiss mg. Two of them show knives on their belts that I've never seen or heard of before. Does anyone know what these are?
Could well be.
He learned.
Mud.
Took a knife to a gun fight
Well ........ he learned the permanent way!!
Originally Posted by Youper
Speaking of knives look at p. 66 of the June 2018 American Rifleman. There is a picture of WWI (presumably) Americans manning a Hotchkiss mg. Two of them show knives on their belts that I've never seen or heard of before. Does anyone know what these are?
I don't get that magazine, but many are not familiar with the U.S. Army BOLO knives. Might that be it?
Thanks, that's what they look like. Do you know more about them? When were they issued?
I don't know much about it, Youper, but the knife featured in the photo was first issued in 1917, I believe. Most were made by Plumb, and they were used in both WWI and WWII. The design was inspired by knives encountered by our guys while in the Philippine Islands. Wish I could be of more help.
I've been looking at WWI & WWII pictures since I was a kid in the early 70's, and of course watched all the movies. I've never seen these before.
[Linked Image]

bolo knives were issued to machine gunners to clear vegetation around a firing pit. Also i understand by the medical corp to cut tent stakes and poles.
The leather canvas shield dates to WWI.
pretty cool knife, particularly if marked U.S.M.C.
I've been looking at WWI & WWII pictures since I was a kid in the early 70's, and of course watched all the movies. I've never seen these before.
Here is an article on the Bolo knives, by Bernard Levine, the noted knife guru: The World War I Bolo
Short of immediate family, who stand a good chance of also being dregs to society...not a soul will miss him.

I love when garbage is taken out.

© 24hourcampfire