Home
Posted By: ingwe OK..one more time- Image Gallery - 05/26/18
How EXACTLY does this thing work. I followed the "easy" instructions and got absolutely nowhere...help!
It's magic! You don't have it!
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/12319326/
Use postimage instead. Intuitive and easy.

https://postimages.org/
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Use postimage instead. Intuitive and easy.

https://postimages.org/

☝🏼
OK something wrong with postimages.org...I have an account there but am unable to log in and unable to contact them about it...

OK..I did all the stuff to create an Image Gallery, hit 'done' and.....

nothing...

?????????
Forgot you run iOS so my link may not be too helpful.
What part of establishing an Image Gallery is giving you problems? Which step? Is it add the photos from your hard drive?
Originally Posted by ingwe

OK..I did all the stuff to create an Image Gallery, hit 'done' and.....

nothing...

?????????

After "done" you need to click "Post New Thread"
What gringo said. Nothing shows after Done until you post thread.
https://imgur.com/

Much easier
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
What gringo said. Nothing shows after Done until you post thread.

OK..I tried to post a thread and nothing happened....
OK something wrong with postimages.org...I have an account there but am unable to log in and unable to contact them about it...

Happens on a regular basis.

I keep all my pictures on a Jump Drive. Only use hosting sites for the forums. If they shut me off I still have my pictures.
Are you certain images were attached or uploaded correctly? You can either select each file through your file tree or you can just drag and drop them to add. Did any image files show up on the bottom of the "Attachment Manager" Window? Like the example below shows IMAGE_2095.jpg. You may not have successfully added files.

[Linked Image]
Yeah, they all showed up in the attachment manager...
I heard it was easy too
I have a similar problem. Mine show up in the picture gallery, but in a thread all I can get is a box with an X and text that says linked image.
Did you put any text in the text box? It's been a while since I've posted an image gallery so don't remember for sure, but IIRC, you need some text in it. If I wasn't on my phone I could help more, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Did you put any text in the text box? It's been a while since I've posted an image gallery so don't remember for sure, but IIRC, you need some text in it. If I wasn't on my phone I could help more, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yep..I tried that...
Originally Posted by 700LH

OK I went and signed up..couldnt make heads or tails of it..

how does it work?
[Linked Image]
Well, finally
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Takes me about ten tries to get it to open, gotta remember what I'm doing the same each time.

imgur!

Tom-
What device(s) are you using?

I can upload pics from my iphone to imgur, but have not been able to post them with my phone. I have to go to the laptop (PC) to post the pics.

Also, appreciate Rick setting up pics here after the Photobucket kerfuffle, but I have not been able to make that method work for me either.

how does it work?

Real simple, download ( click add images) then click on the picture you want to post, scroll down to BBCode on the right, click to highlight, then copy, then paste on the forum. Using "full editor" to post image is not needed..
If someone can explain it better please do.

[Linked Image]

how does it work?

Even my eRetarded ass could work with imgur.

Once you have an account:
In the upper right, hover over your username and a drop down should appear
Click on "Images"
Click on the Green button "add images"
Drag your pictures into the box that comes up
Once your picture is showing (a small icon of it), click on it
Hit the "copy" button just to the right of "BBC Code"
Paste it into a reply box here on the 'fire

You know what to do from there.

PS, make sure the pictures are of skanky whores or dead critters. Nothing else is acceptable.

You're welcome.

The image gallery here on the 'fire does work, but it is as unuser friendly as a small rubber on my magnum wang.
Having seen INGWE's posts, I see he posts pictures of moderately classy whores. Much appreciated!
I've always thought I was reasonably savvy on the computer but I haven't been able to figure it out either - I can put up the link to be downloaded but can't make the picture appear on screen. I might have too much Ad-Block stuff on my Mac.

how does it work?

Real simple, download ( click add images) then click on the picture you want to post, scroll down to BBCode on the right, click to highlight, then copy, then paste on the forum. Using "full editor" to post image is not needed..
If someone can explain it better please do.

[Linked Image]

Thank you! That was simple..

[Linked Image]
I find the image gallery easier to use if I open it on a separate tab than the 24hr tab I'm posting on. That way I can switch back and forth to copy/paste the image address. The trickiest part of the gallery is properly sizing the pics before uploading them. I've pretty much got that figured out so I don't have to redo them too often but many photo sites do it automatically.

I just type in a single character, an x or something.
Note to self. In case I ever want to post a picture.
I wonder how many campfire members sit silently on the side lines, hoping to figure out that magic
clue to get this stuff to work...

I have Imgur and it use to work just fine for me... for posting pics here

now any more...so I just quit doing so...

Imgur.........

quick.......easy & free........

[Linked Image]

dogs die...........

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire