Home
Posted By: RAS Trump Changes Wildlife Protections - 05/26/18
Trump is the only GOP candidate that would actually follow through with this. Another campaign promise KEPT.

This Trump guy is changing the standard on actually doing what you say you are going to do. Imagine that.

More liberal PETA heads are exploding.

Article from The Hill
Isn't it the norm that states be allowed to manage wildlife on the federal lands within their borders?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Isn't it the norm that states be allowed to manage wildlife on the federal lands within their borders?

Yes
How about letting Great Lake states manage wolves as we see fit?
Working on it. Keep voting GOP and make sure your Cong and Sen support ESA reform.
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Who does it now? Did your State give it up to the Feds?
Game management in AK on Federal lands has been taken over by the Feds... the problem is the Statehood Compact (1959) promised the State vast chunks of Federal lands. They have ceded only a tiny portion to the State. In the mean time they gave vast chunks to Native Corporations during which they created legal entity status and dissolved it at the same time to create those Native Corporations.

This was hastily done to clear Rights-of-way for the Trans-Alaskan-Pipeline and allowed the Corporations to take all accessible lands and block access to lots of land behind it.

To this day the Feds owe many millions of acres.
What is the deal about "hunting bear cubs"? Who does that anyway?

I know absolutely nothing about bear hunting btw.
When predator pits were created by unilateral acts to curb predator hunting the State had difficulty reaching sufficient kills to ensure predator population reductions. Hard to reduce an overpopulation of bears without killing some sows and cubs.

Killing bears I dens has been a Native way of doing things for a long time. Anyone thinking it is not sporty has never crawled into an occupied den...

It has only been allowed in predator control units.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
When predator pits were created by unilateral acts to curb predator hunting the State had difficulty reaching sufficient kills to ensure predator population reductions. Hard to reduce an overpopulation of bears without killing some sows and cubs.

Killing bears I dens has been a Native way of doing things for a long time. Anyone thinking it is not sporty has never crawled into an occupied den...

Sitka deer ,

I think ''cubs'' stay with the mother quite a while , a ''cub'' could be pretty good size roaming around with momma bear helping kill a moose I think .

How big would/could a ''cub'' up in your neck of the woods be ?
Game management in AK on Federal lands has been taken over by the Feds... the problem is the Statehood Compact (1959) promised the State vast chunks of Federal lands. They have ceded only a tiny portion to the State. In the mean time they gave vast chunks to Native Corporations during which they created legal entity status and dissolved it at the same time to create those Native Corporations.

This was hastily done to clear Rights-of-way for the Trans-Alaskan-Pipeline and allowed the Corporations to take all accessible lands and block access to lots of land behind it.

To this day the Feds owe many millions of acres.

And one of many reasons a large part of us hate them.
Who actually "hunts" bear cubs and wolf cubs? They use this term to imply that all hunters are ignorant brutes that just kill anything they want. I guess if you have a real need to control bears and wolves due to overpopulation, cubs might be killed, but I don't personally know anyone that would think it was sporting or hunting.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Who does it now? Did your State give it up to the Feds?

A federal court ruled that we couldn’t have a wolf season.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Sitka deer ,

I think ''cubs'' stay with the mother quite a while , a ''cub'' could be pretty good size roaming around with momma bear helping kill a moose I think .

How big would/could a ''cub'' up in your neck of the woods be ?

Black bear cubs are usually cut loose in the spring of their second year...

Browns are kicked out after their second year and can be hard to tell from the sow.
"expanding rights for hunters, winning cheers from sporting associations but worrying environmentalists who fear it will lead to the extinction of protected species".

Dumchits! "Sport" hunters are a species' best friend. If there are enough to hunt, it means the species is doing well, or at least OK. And we pay the bills... and take the hit on limits, seasons, or closing hunting when things are not going well. Self interest at it's finest.

Habitat loss, no one paying attention to , being aware of, or really giving a rip about the pygmy spotted big-eared 3 toed meadow frog (or whatever) are of far larger importance than controlled hunting in whether any species faces extinction. Besides, extinction of species is the rule, not the exception. Adapt or die.

Hunter's "care" can be a little hard on individuals of the species, however. ... smile

Hunters sure do pay the bills . Just think how much more wildlife is out there cause some dude bought 100 ac. and managed it for wildlife. Millions of dollars go to deer habitat in Wisconsin alone. Look at all the land fish and game licenses that were bought and money used to buy land that might have been developed or just sat in private hands to be logged ETC.
© 24hourcampfire