Home
Posted By: jaguartx Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18
https://ayearningforpublius.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/famous-presidential-lies-contest/
Biggest one they missed was FDR who was looking for ANY reason to get us involved said this at his campaign address in Boston:

"Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars.

They are going into training to form a force so strong that, by its very existence, it will keep the threat of war far away from our shores."

A solemn thing to think about this weekend.
A "news" story about presidential lies begins with a quote from Ben Franklin?

Hilarious!!
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18
Originally Posted by ironbender

Hilarious!!

Nowadays, editors are too busy ensuring that the stories "follow the agenda" than to fact check or grammar check. Even with automated spell checkers and grammar checkers, most of todays reporters would have had a tough time passing 8th grade English (or History) 40 years ago.

Hilarious!!

Obviously you missed the part where they tied Ben's quote back in? Pretty good writing device, really.
wink
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18

Hilarious!!

Iron, from whence came the notion it was a "news" story?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18
If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Posted By: ConradCA Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18
Obama:

I will have the most transparent administration in history.
The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
The IRS is not targeting anyone.
It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
If I had a son.
I will put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division, conflict and cynicism”.
You didn’t build that!
I will restore trust in Government.
The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
It’s not my red line – it is the world’s red line.
Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I am not spying on American citizens.
Obama Care will be good for America.
You can keep your family doctor. [AYFP: this lie was spoken 37 times to the 6+ million people whose insurance plans have been cancelled]
Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
[AYFP: this lie was spoken 37 times to the 6+ million people whose insurance plans have been cancelled]
It’s just like shopping at Amazon.
I knew nothing about “Fast and Furious” gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
And the biggest one of all:

“I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.”
This^^^.

Our country now has millions of hard working people too young for Medicare who take home $2000-3000 a month. The used to pay about $750 a month for health insurance. On Jan 1 2017 their insurance costs jumped to about $1250/mo.

Now, they work and cant afford insurance.
Posted By: kingston Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/27/18
Originally Posted by jaguartx
This^^^.

Our country now has millions of hard working people too young for Medicare who take home $2000-3000 a month. The used to pay about $750 a month for health insurance. On Jan 1 2017 their insurance costs jumped to about $1250/mo.

We got fücked.
Originally Posted by kingston
This^^^.

We got fücked.

Yep, lied to, screwed blue and tattooed.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18
"Read my lips...."

classic
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18
Yep, and then he made the fatal mistake of making a deal of it with the dimocommies and was surprised to find they lie like schitt.

He thought they were decent men and found out they are nothing more than snakes.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18
"I will have the most transparent administration in history."

I'm not so sure this was a lie. It was perfectly transparent he was out to destroy the country. We just didn't see it right away.
Paul B.
"I did not have sex with that woman"
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18
Everything said by LBJ aside from getting welfare recipients to vote democrat the next 50 years or 100 whatever the time period was
"I am not a crook"... Nixon still makes me laugh
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18
And Zeros and Hillarys deep state tyrannical fbi, doj, irs, and cia conspiracy puts nixons coverup of the watergate break in, which he had previously known nothing about, was about 1000 times less crooked than what Spygate is about.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/28/18

I bet that Ike had some pretty wicked ones at Burning Tree - Secret Service probably bailed him out with foot wedges.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
Hahaha. For sure.
Posted By: hatari Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Biggest one they missed was FDR who was looking for ANY reason to get us involved said this at his campaign address in Boston:

"Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars.

They are going into training to form a force so strong that, by its very existence, it will keep the threat of war far away from our shores."

A solemn thing to think about this weekend.

Well, not that I can ever really defend FDR over anything, once Pearl Harbor hit, it was no longer foreign.
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
"I am not a crook"... Nixon still makes me laugh

Compared to the Clintons and Obama, he had a point... smile
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Obama:

I will have the most transparent administration in history.
The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
The IRS is not targeting anyone.
It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
If I had a son.
I will put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division, conflict and cynicism”.
You didn’t build that!
I will restore trust in Government.
The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
It’s not my red line – it is the world’s red line.
Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I am not spying on American citizens.
Obama Care will be good for America.
You can keep your family doctor. [AYFP: this lie was spoken 37 times to the 6+ million people whose insurance plans have been cancelled]
Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
[AYFP: this lie was spoken 37 times to the 6+ million people whose insurance plans have been cancelled]
It’s just like shopping at Amazon.
I knew nothing about “Fast and Furious” gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
And the biggest one of all:

“I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.”

You just triggered 100,00 Leftists. How can you possibly sleep with that on your conscious? wink
I did not have sex with that woman.

Read my lips "No new taxes"
Posted By: Paddler Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
And Zeros and Hillarys deep state tyrannical fbi, doj, irs, and cia conspiracy puts nixons coverup of the watergate break in, which he had previously known nothing about, was about 1000 times less crooked than what Spygate is about.

You're a nut, Jag. Spygate is complete BS. Nobody in history compares with Trump's lies, beginning with his inaugural crowd being the biggest ever and continuing every single freaking day since.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
Originally Posted by Paddler

You're a nut, Jag. Spygate is complete BS. Nobody in history compares with Trump's lies, beginning with his inaugural crowd being the biggest ever and continuing every single freaking day since.[/quo
[quote=jaguartx]And Zeros and Hillarys deep state tyrannical fbi, doj, irs, and cia conspiracy puts nixons coverup of the watergate break in, which he had previously known nothing about, was about 1000 times less crooked than what Spygate is about.

You're a nut, Jag. Spygate is complete BS. Nobody in history compares with Trump's lies, beginning with his inaugural crowd being the biggest ever and continuing every single freaking day since.

Stop sucking Hillary's dick and wake up ,libtard..
https://usa.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/for-your-eyes-only-a-short-history-of-democrat-spy-collusion/

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/25/code-name-crossfire-hurricane-evidence-fbis-russia-cover-story/
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
You stupid bastid, Clapper admitted it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._the_fbi_was_spying_on_his_campaign.html

Clearly, you can't read. Clapper said they weren't spying on Trump. Your stupidity is boundless.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18

Clearly, you can't read. Clapper said they weren't spying on Trump. Your stupidity is boundless.

Kind of like when Clinton said he didn't have sex with that woman.

Him simply saying it makes it true?

To hell with facts. Just emote like an emotional woman.

FMR you are a fricken dolt.

I saw a psychologist as a patient today and we talked about Trump supporters. We really couldn't come up with a reason why they fall for his lies. Cognitive dissonance? Single issue voters? Relying on bogus "news" sources? Racism? Fear? I know some Trump supporters and they're good people, some very intelligent. Just can't for the life of me understand why they support a truly worthless, lying, narcissistic buffoon.

Please share with us 3 major lies that really have an impact. Not just something Trump said in hyperbole or to put an opponent back on his heels.

Here's the reality you refuse to accept. We support Trump because of results.

Something a strip mall doctor wouldn't understand. RESULTS.

Huge tax relief.

Starting to remove the strain on our natural resouce industries.

Removal of the penalty associated with ocare.

The guy has been president for a bit over a year. He has our enemies afraid and respectful again. They are responding to our requests/demands.

We have US citizens home that have been held captive by enemy nations. Not brain dead and sent home. But home and in 1 piece unlike whe o was in charge.

We have our nato allies stepping up and covering more of their own responsibilities.

We have a guy in the white house that cares for and works to help our military and doesn't simply look at them as something beneath him to be used as pawns.

No doubt Trump is a cad. But he gets [bleep] done. Again, something someone like you could never understand because you are all about what you feel and think.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Famous Presidential Lies - 05/29/18
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I saw a psychologist as a patient today and we talked about Trump supporters. We really couldn't come up with a reason why they fall for his lies. Cognitive dissonance? Single issue voters? Relying on bogus "news" sources? Racism? Fear? I know some Trump supporters and they're good people, some very intelligent. Just can't for the life of me understand why they support a truly worthless, lying, narcissistic buffoon.

Please share with us 3 major lies that really have an impact. Not just something Trump said in hyperbole or to put an opponent back on his heels.

Huge tax relief.

The guy has been president for a bit over a year. He has our enemies afraid and respectful again. They are responding to our requests/demands.

We have US citizens home that have been held captive by enemy nations. Not brain dead and sent home. But home and in 1 piece unlike whe o was in charge.

We have our nato allies stepping up and covering more of their own responsibilities.

We have a guy in the white house that cares for and works to help our military and doesn't simply look at them as something beneath him to be used as pawns.

No doubt Trump is a cad. But he gets [bleep] done. Again, something someone like you could never understand because you are all about what you feel and think.

Come on ,you do realize paddler just lied.
Originally Posted by Partsman

Huge tax relief.

Based on his reviews from his patients, I would say there is a very large chance he lied out his ass.
Originally Posted by Partsman

Huge tax relief.

Based on his reviews from his patients, I would say there is a very large chance he lied out his ass.

Why in gods name do you guys waste your time arguing with this idiot?
I know jag can't help himself but seriously...why....you're smarter than that.

Huge tax relief.

Deluded.
© 24hourcampfire