Home
The Trumpster is threatening to cut off all German auto imports. Get your's while you can.:p

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-drive-them-off-us-streets-idUSKCN1IW0LP

[Linked Image]
Cited by several unnamed sources of course.
As long as America is subsidizing their defense they will dance to the tune POTUS Trump plays for them.
Who cares about German cars?!?

Cars are a commodity, just buy a different maker.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Who cares about German cars?!?

Cars are a commodity, just buy a different maker.

I agree completely. They are all about the same in the same class.
It’s just a scare tactic to get Americans to come out against a fair trade deal for America.
Damn, I feel sorry for all the German repair shops that are always busy
Who cares, the krauts make a ton of cars here. I believe the real target is the BMW plant that's supposed to open next year in Mexico. Trump wanted that plant here in the USA.
Okie,
How do you like the A7? Looks like a 2016, did you have the emissions repair done?
Some German cars are made in the US. There is a Mercedes factory near Tuscaloosa, Alabama and a Volkswagon plant near Chattanoga, Tennessee. However they only make certain models. Move factories here and avoid tariffs. JOBS, and also, Germany hasn't been paying their fair share to NATO.
See:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...e-the-trade-war-has-started#Post12891495
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

We’ll stay busy, no matter what.......
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Okie,
How do you like the A7? Looks like a 2016, did you have the emissions repair done?

Yes it is a 2016. Repair work was done. Still get 38 miles per gallon at 80 mph on the highway. Peach of a car.
Folks like me that don't live anywhere near a metro area don't drive German, Italian, etc cars. There's no place to have the fixed! We stick with Fords, Chevy's, and Yototas. Especially the last. All they ever seem to need is oil changes.

I do wish I could get that 38 mpg! But I don't a 4-runner body style and weight will get better than 21 mpg.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Some German cars are made in the US. There is a Mercedes factory near Tuscaloosa, Alabama and a Volkswagon plant near Chattanoga, Tennessee. However they only make certain models. Move factories here and avoid tariffs. JOBS, and also, Germany hasn't been paying their fair share to NATO.

You forgot the BMW plant in Greenville SC that manufactures all X-class BMW SUVs. That includes all exports for worldwide sales.

Suspect POTUS is looking for more of those positive trade deals with EU manufacturers following Toyota's example of manufacturing in the USA.
Should be good for another 10 years

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude

Betting this isn't just about German vehicles, it will be mostly aimed at hurting Mexico and forcing co-operation. Your President is sneakier than you give him credit.
MAGA

It's actually easy when you decide to put your own country first.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
MAGA

It's actually easy when you decide to put your own country first.

That is supposed to be how it is done.
Requiring that a country not have higher tariffs than us is just good business, not some nefarious "Protectionism" or "Isolationism" that the America haters like to wail about. Get right ,or phauk off.. Simple and effective, which is why it's never really been tried, till now. MAGA, MF. smile
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

We’ll stay busy, no matter what.......

If I lived near you and I had a Beemer you would be doing the repairs on it .
Thank you for the compliment.
Ya think a "Beaner Beemer" will actually be better than a "Bubba Beemer"?
"...which cited several unnamed European and U.S. diplomats but did not include any direct quotes, could not be independently verified..." Wow! That makes it a very creditable "report."
May be a heck of an opportunity for Cadillac if Government Motors can keeps its head out of its a**
The air cooled ones run forever. 😎

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire