Home
I enjoyed it
Personally found it slow and boring. Went to bed after 30 min. I haven’t been a fan of Costner since he started his Hollywood elite BS about gun control and Trump bashing. Like a lot of his early stuff but now he’s on the fugg em list.
Nope

Recorded it but haven't watched it yet.
The older Costner gets the more impressed I've been with his acting in the roles he's taken on. .
I thought it pretty much sucked, which is a shame.
Good scenery, a bit too much 'soap opera' kind of stuff but...what else is out there to watch? Kind of like Longmire, Hell or High Water, and Wind River (Taylor Sheridan involved in all of them except Longmire). Probably worth watching for the scenery alone.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

+1

Technical advising and story line both sucked.
And of course the governor and senator are split tails
Watched about half an hour and left to go read. Wife is recording it, so I may go back to it if I run out of reading material.
The half Chinese DIL is pretty hot though.
Got it recorded. Havn't watched it yet.

Hell, I'd watch it for Kelly Reilly alone... laugh

Slinky redhead!
My wife an I met Costner in Deadwood one night, very friendly and modest acting. Wish I didn't know all the political BS sometimes.
Watched it this time. Probably no more tho. yea on the great scenery.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Slinky Slutty redhead!

Fixed it for ya . . . .
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Slinky Slutty redhead!

Fixed it for ya . . . .

Either way is good for me... smile
Better than most of the crap on TV, but the bar ain't real high.
. Second that motion.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...iew-im-not-recognizing-america-right-now
Typical hollyweird DICKHEAD!!
Caught the last half of it. Watched him pull a calf off a range cow in the middle of the pasture. Diverted a river and retrieved thirty head of cattle with the aid of close air support.

What's not to like?
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Caught the last half of it. Watched him pull a calf off a range cow in the middle of the pasture. Diverted a river and retrieved thirty head of cattle with the aid of close air support.

What's not to like?

Calf jumped up and ran off dry as can be 3 seconds later. Cracked me up!
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

Me too. I've never pulled one that came out that easy either. At least they *brought* a pulled with them!

This
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

me and the wife both laughed our asses off....calf ran off like it was 2 weeks old (grin)

I was hoping for a bit better show....Costner did real good in the Hatfields and McCoys..
Didn't watch, for me, I could tell by the trailers a few weeks ago it would be nothing I would have the need to see.
Originally Posted by rost495
Didn't watch, for me, I could tell by the trailers a few weeks ago it would be nothing I would have the need to see.

me too. I don't have much use for commie Hollywood of any kind. If I didn't have a mute button when the commie Juan Williams starts foaming at the mouth on "The Five" (right this moment actually) I would be out a TV screen.
We watched it, started out a bit slow, then things picked up. But, I very curious as to where it is headed.....I’m sure it will take a “hard left”, by showing how “the white man” is an evil bigot that needs to be removed from humanity! memtb
Nope but I did catch Joel McCrea in "Stars in my Crown".
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

lol

The wife was watching it. I thought it was stoopid. Agree with the others about the calf pull. Thought it was funny as hell how the son had to stop and put on plastic sleeves to pull the calf when it was supposedly time-sensitive. Vet-son is all wrought up about fitting in with a bunch of racist redskins that hate him because he's white. Funny as hell. What a [bleep] snowflake.
Taped it havent watched it tho!
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

Me too. I've never pulled one that came out that easy either. At least they *brought* a pulled with them!

At least they brought a puller,but neither one knew how to use it.Not too impressed with the show,really kinda disappointed.
If you look at the actor line-up, DeNiro was in it. Played the part as one of the cows!
Reminded me of the series a few years ago "Sons". I was not terribly impressed ,but will probably continue watching it.Not much else nee on TV. That calf jumping up as soon as it hit the ground and running off probably impressed a lot of city folks
Originally Posted by kenster99
If you look at the actor line-up, DeNiro was in it. Played the part as one of the cows!

I thought DeNiro was one of those piles of Cowshit in the field?
At least the scenery was nice
No, but I watched the new “Death Wish” with Bruce Willis. It was pretty cool.
Originally Posted by joken2

Recorded it but haven't watched it yet.
The older Costner gets the more impressed I've been with his acting in the roles he's taken on. .

Me too. I used to think he was a one-off, but no more. But hey, I liked Waterworld.
I recorded it to watch soon. I’m not reading any more of this thread. lol

Ad was promising.

Jerry
Wife recorded it - we just watched the first 30 minutes or so, and I quit. Seemed quite contrived with too many cliches. Those who experience true western/ranch life probably will see it as hokey - I thought the stallion capture/unloading was unrealistic - not good. Didn't see the calf pull. I did like the mountain scenery, but don't need the show for that - we live in it.

Don't know whether she will continue to record/watch the thing (stupid gratuitous "F" word use by the hard-looking redhead and others). I have too many good/needy things to do - done with that.
I watched it a second time this evening.....caught several things in the story line that I missed the first time.

I like it
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

At least they brought a puller,but neither one knew how to use it.Not too impressed with the show,really kinda disappointed.

That scene has nothing to do about pulling a breach........it's the dialog before and after
It reminded me of the old 80 TV series “Dallas”. It was ok. What did y’all expect from a bunch of Hollyweird Liberals ?

At least it had a hot slutty redhead, and the girl that played the Indian wife married to the youngest son wasn’t bad either.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It reminded me of the old 80 TV series “Dallas”. It was ok. What did y’all expect from a bunch of Hollyweird Liberals ?

At least it had a hot slutty redhead, and the girl that played the Indian wife married to the youngest son wasn’t bad either.

Yeah, those Hollywood casting directors never went to a real rez to see real squaws. The real ones don't quite look like that.... wink

They look more like a 55 gallon drum.

Me too. Have seen that film several times, and never get tired of it. Joel McCrea was a very good actor, and that was a movie that wouldn't be made today. It gave God too much credit.
It helps that she ain't Injun. She's half white/half Chinese.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Me too. Have seen that film several times, and never get tired of it. Joel McCrea was a very good actor, and that was a movie that wouldn't be made today. It gave God too much credit.

Any cross burning?
It was very crude. Only watched a little. They did get main street Livingston correct,
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

That scene has nothing to do about pulling a breach........it's the dialog before and after

And if the scene is incorrect the dialogue is lost with the distraction.
Boys, that calf puller is what we call an ASS JACK..............................
DW7,

Most movies are lost in a persons eyes because the dialog is missed

I wonder how many understood why the ranch hand abducted the drug users with two strikes from a single wide house trailer?

The reason for that scene came from the cattle auctuon.....why was Costner at the auction?
We watched it against my better judgement. The language was terrible and the acting was at times just stupid. The plot wanders all over the place. I do think I saw Elizabeth Warren's cousin appear as one of the Indians. This offering is just one of those things they do anyway because they can. The scenery was nice though.
No sheit his dad asked at the auction. Characters are still weak
And what about the little kid that called his uncle a [bleep]????
And remember, just before you perform a coup de gras on a dying Indian, tell him "In case you don't know, there's no such thing as heaven"
You snowflakes were offended by a few cuss words? Stick to the Lifetime channel.
And remember, just before you perform a coup de gras on a dying Indian, tell him "In case you don't know, there's no such thing as heaven"

I might tell an enemy the same thing if I knew it mattered to him.
He didn't have much time to dwell on it.
True....since that was his BIL it might complicate matters
Which is funny, cuzz I didn't think he looked half white/half Chinese....
Originally Posted by callnum
You snowflakes were offended by a few cuss words? Stick to the Lifetime channel.

As an old guy who is world-worn and quite conservative, I'm not anything like a snowflake. Probably have seen every kind of show and heard every "cuss word" extant, and I'm not, as you say - "offended". Don't understand how you would know it if indeed I were.

This you can know because you see it here. I am disgusted that show writers and the actors who read their scripts feel that they have to stoop to low trash talk in efforts to get noticed, and equally disgusted that consumers not only put up with the slop, but accept it - and even praise it.
Pardon my French but I thought it was incredibly fuucking lame.

Beyond stupid.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pardon my French but I thought it was incredibly fuucking lame. Beyond stupid.

I like this post - your French seems fine.
laughing
The reviews disappoint. Was looking forward to this one.
Ok corral on Outdoor Ch tonight. Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas.
It was so bad it was kinda funny(for a 'drama').
That sucks.
It reminded me of the old 80 TV series “Dallas”.

I thought the same thing, except they set in a more remote area and put a Cliven Bundy spin on J.R. I wonder if John Duttton ("J.D.", hmm) will get shot and everybody will wonder who shot him for a few months.

I thought the whole thing was lame except the scenery. Does anybody else think it weird that they set the Yellowstone Ranch in Montana? I realize the proximity, but it's not what people generally think when they think of Yellowstone.
"Does anybody else think it weird that they set the Yellowstone Ranch in Montana?"

"well, a river so named runs through it... not much stretch.
Everybody in it has a shidty attitude. I hate shows like that.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
It reminded me of the old 80 TV series “Dallas”.

I thought the same thing, except they set in a more remote area and put a Cliven Bundy spin on J.R. I wonder if John Duttton ("J.D.", hmm) will get shot and everybody will wonder who shot him for a few months.

I thought the whole thing was lame except the scenery. Does anybody else think it weird that they set the Yellowstone Ranch in Montana? I realize the proximity, but it's not what people generally think when they think of Yellowstone.

Really?

Uh...Maybe the name came from the RIVER and NOT the National Park?
I understand the connection. I just don’t think that it is the first thing that will come to the average TV viewer’s mind.
Costner reviles in messianic complex roles...
Originally Posted by Mike74

Yeah - not like real life..... smile
I watched it....all I can say is it' slow, boring, totally unbelievable and a big waste of time.
And those are its' good points.
I kept hoping it would get better---it didn't.
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Mike74

Yeah - not like real life..... smile

Well it's not like real life around here. If there is anywhere where that kind of arrogance is par for the course then I don't even want to so much as visit there.
Am thinking there was some keen intent for that design - looks like it may not achieve such intent.
The thing that I found was most weird was the branding of people...

That's some pretty crazy stuff.

I've only seen insane liberals brand each other before.
The thing that I found was most weird was the branding of people...

That's some pretty crazy stuff.

I've only seen insane liberals brand each other before.

That was weird
The whole fugging show was 'weird'.
Anybody watch it last night? I watched a cooking show.
I like the show but why does everything have to involve a damn Navy SEAL. I called it from the beginning.
Missed it . Watching the Trump show .
Tedhorn: There is SOME beautiful photography in this "series" but its only getting a 78 from me (on a scale of 1 to 100!).
I am still trying to figure out what relation to anyone is the redhead screwing?
I think its her uncle - I don't know?
Hope it gets better.
Again I really like some of the scenery.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Daughter
I watched last week's episode for the first time last night, and I can't stop laughing about the opening scene. Damn that was funny stuff.
© 24hourcampfire