Home
Posted By: pahick Tar and chip - 07/02/18
I could strangle our f'in township! Tar and chipped the road by my house in april. 97 yesterday, 98 today...f'in tar came to the top. Sounds like youre driving through a creek! Trucks a mess. mad
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by pahick
I could strangle our f'in township! Tar and chipped the road by my house in april. 97 yesterday, 98 today...f'in tar came to the top. Sounds like youre driving through a creek! Trucks a mess. mad

Figured you lived off a cow trail.
Posted By: add Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
godspeeed...
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Charlotte did that to our street back in the 90s. What a mess.
Posted By: pahick Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Gotta get away from the crackheads somehow. Its actually a main road. Around here, for the most part, only state roads get blacktop.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Good tradeoff, vs. living in the city, wouldn't you agree pahick? F city people.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Good tradeoff, vs. living in the city, wouldn't you agree pahick? F city people.

Theres a difference?!?! Everybodys f'in nuts!
Posted By: greydog Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Happens everywhere. Did the same thing to our road last week. My pickup is speckled like a trout. On top of that, it is a waste of money. The road was already broken up so badly that the coating accomplished nothing. GD
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Gotta get away from the crackheads somehow. Its actually a main road. Around here, for the most part, only state roads get blacktop.

Recently went to a family picnic out in the sticks. At first one of my uncles didn't know what to think about my ECD carry posture with includes a double stack .45 with one in the tube.....then he remembered where I live.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18

The closer you cram people together, the more insane they get it seems.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
What is a paved road?
Posted By: tzone Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Chip seal is actually a good way to cover the road to reduce maintenance. It’s used with success all the time. It sounds like your town tried to skimp on some stone.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
They’ll do that on some of our roads here sometimes. You hope you don’t meet someone going the other way...almost guarantees a rock peck on the windshield.🤬
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by tzone
Chip seal is actually a good way to cover the road to reduce maintenance. It’s used with success all the time. It sounds like your town tried to skimp on some stone.

Yes, sounds like the stone was spread too thin.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
They do that here too - 30% of the (formerly) paved roads get the 'tar/rock' treatment.. Makes finding the other normal roads a challenge on the bikes..
Posted By: Redneck Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by tzone
Chip seal is actually a good way to cover the road to reduce maintenance.
Yeah, until the first couple of snowflakes come outta the sky and the fleet of salt/plow trucks fan out across the county at break-neck speed and plow off all the rock way before any real accumulation occurs.
It’s used with success all the time. It sounds like your town tried to skimp on some stone.
That. Maybe they need to top-dress the existing mess - maybe that'll end the nightmare.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
They do it here to most of the roads, glad I just bought a new vehicle to get chipped up.
90 just before I left the house. Its gonna be a mess this afternoon...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GunReader Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Free undercoating! (seriously)

The tar washes off the paint with kerosene on a rag.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Wax will remove tar as well.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
That's the way they do all our roads in the hills.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
you just got a free undercoat job on the truck,stop complaining. they did ours last month.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
What navlav8r said +1.

WAT too cheap with the stone application.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Light on the stone for sure
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Yep, us hayseed racist inbred toofless hicks here in Ten-O-Cee...
in my county- every county road is paved and has been since 1988. Pledge made and kept by Gus Norfleet our county highways engineer.

They'll even pave some private drives if the school bus transportation dept deems it beneficial to the being able to access a turn around. They made a big cul de sac across from my mailboxes for my chillruns. Now that's our fireworks and basketball court. 😄

Hell, we even have 200ft of pavement AND a 20ton limit bridge the county built on our private farm road

We are 18 miles from the city limits.

We know some people too....lol
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18

The tar and chip is starting to pull up from the heat and heavy truck traffic.

[Linked Image]
Feel for ya. Ours didnt lift yet. Not much heavy traffic on ours.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Too much oil was used. There should be just enough oil to cover about 65% of the chip to hold it in place. If the chips are worked into the oil good by traffic, then all should be well. If that much oil is coming to the top they are short of stone, or chip sealing on top of an older chip seal and the oil is coming up. Long story short... too much oil
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Tar and chip - 07/02/18
Originally Posted by gregintenn

The closer you cram people together, the more insane they get it seems.

I have noticed a lot of bat crazy people that live in the sticks of Alaska, seems like everyone else ran them out.
Posted By: batch Re: Tar and chip - 07/04/18
Have we met?
© 24hourcampfire