Home
Have you read this Foxnews article about how risky the thing really was? It's a good read.
RESCUE
Good read.
For sure glad the kids were rescued. Was going to do the read, but with the first word being "terrifying" I figure the reporter is trying to add a bit too much drama. Give me the facts and leave out the colorful adjectives and adverbs. I see all kinds of similar terms used by the media now days, and when the film runs, half the crowd is roaming around with their phones in the air. I've experienced a couple panic moments in my life, and believe me, capturing video was the last thing on my mind.
Terrifying is an over reach. Logistical nightmare with low odds of all 12 getting out alive is more like it.

It did shed light on the fact that where the boys were staying, there wasn't enough physical room for the meals needed for them to wait out the rainy season.
I hadn't read before that the water was so murky that it was a total blackout. They had to feel their way through. They couldn't see rocks until their heads hit them.
This was a remarkable rescue, no matter what words one uses to describe it.
© 24hourcampfire