Home
Posted By: Berettaman Youth Outdoor Activity Day - 08/17/18
I organize a Youth Outdoor Activity Day in Alexandria MN that will take place on Sunday, August 26th. This isn't your average youth event as we are expecting 2,500 kids to attend! We will have 45+ activities for the kids to do including archery, trap, BB gun, crossbow, rock climbing wall, bird house building, ATV course, mountain biking course, outdoor cooking, building a fire, building an outdoor shelter, kiddie pools with frogs, salamanders, turtles and fish that the kids can pick up, mock blood trail, camping, casting clinic, geocaching, orienteering, and many other activities. This event is completely FREE! We give each kid a tshirt, feed everyone lunch and ice cream and give away 1,000 duck calls, 1,000+ fishing rods/reels, 400 bird houses, 100 bows, 100 BB guns, 425 butterfly nets, 2,000 binoculars (uh, they are not Swarovskis!) and many other things. If you know anyone in MN or the eastern Dakotas, please have them visit our webpage youthoutdooractivityday.org. You can see it yourself on our youtube video here:

Youth Outdoor Activity Day
You are a Great Man.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Youth Outdoor Activity Day - 08/17/18
Good for you. We need many many more just like you.
We do sorta the same thing around here, but not on that scale!
Usually around 500 or so youngsters ( up to 16 ). Most all the Gun/Hunting clubs help sponsor, and quite a few of the gun shops and sporting goods stores as well.
It's a great thing for the kids, and even us old-timers enjoy the heck out of it.
I love seeing stuff like this. We need to engage the younger generation in outdoor sports, especially shooting sports, in order to preserve the heritage.
I congratulate you and all those involved.
7mm
That. Is. Awesome! Thank you for all you do for those kids.
Thanks guys! I really hope that someone reads this that can get some kids to enjoy this event. Or possibly, someone who wants to use our model/experience to create an event like this in their area. All of the cost is covered by donations and they are way easier to get than you would expect. I would be happy to share how we do it with anyone that would like to learn more about it.
Incredible. What a great event for passing along great Americana values

How is it your state is thinking about electing a Muslim Abuser for Attorney General.

I just shake my head at all the White Guilt in that state.

Back on topic. Keep at it OP.
© 24hourcampfire