Home
Really interesting article to me, if you like 400 year old archaeology in Kansas . . .

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-kansas-lost-city-20180819-htmlstory.html
I read this earlier today. Very cool.

Very few ancient cultures had writing that survived or means of recording history. It would be interesting to now how much technology or science attributed to others were actually discovered earlier, then lost when a culture disappeared. I've read some earthen works here in NA rivaled that of the pyramids, but were made of materials that didn't survive like rock.
That's pretty cool.
Thanks, very interesting
The Native Americans were a lot more civilized in the 1400s thru the 1600s. European plagues initiated "the dark ages" across the Western continents.
U mean I'm working my azz off building all this stuff just to have my chit 6 foot deep ...i' m wasting my time !!
There are no doubt many other such sites just waiting to be studied. This was a good read. Thanks to the poster! cool
Cool stuff!

How many are surprised about science being wrong again?

Sometimes I wonder if a bunch of pompous professors just sit around drinking beer and make schit up.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cool stuff!

Sometimes I wonder if a bunch of pompous professors just sit around drinking beer and make schit up.

A loud AMEN!!
Cool stuff!

"like!"
Thatched roofs, flint, pottery and buffalo hides, yep, an advanced civilization, about like global warming, eh?

Not doubt some ambtious types do cause they want their names in lights...the exact same problem exists with
the religious types...you know 'foot prints in the sand' drivel and all such fantasy nonsense.

Cool.
[quote=OrangeOkie]Really interesting article to me, if you like 400 year old archaeology in Kansas . . .

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-kansas-lost-city-20180819-htmlstory.ht
I also found this very interesting. Cheers NC
Thank you for posting.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Thatched roofs, flint, pottery and buffalo hides, yep, an advanced civilization, about like global warming, eh?

"Like!"

At least the evidence is genuine... not like the fraudulently planted evidence to 'prove' Noahs Ark existed.
from the article:
As the Spaniards drew near, they spied numerous grass houses along the bluffs. A delegation of Etzanoans bearing round corn cakes met them on the river bank. They were described as a sturdy people with gentle dispositions and stripes tattooed from their eyes to their ears. It was a friendly encounter until the conquistadors decided to take hostages. That prompted the entire city to flee

That's what the Spanish did. They pillaged their way through Mexico, central, and south America.
Originally Posted by Starman

Not doubt some ambtious types do cause they want their names in lights...the exact same problem exists with
the religious types...you know 'foot prints in the sand' drivel and all such fantasy nonsense.

So science is a religion based on faith? I had no idea, It must be all true then.
That is fascinating, thanks for posting. A city of 20,000 in Kansas, unreal. Whipped the ass of the Spaniards, then, a century later, had vanished. Probably wiped out by disease.
European diseases really decimated the Indians.

I have visited the mounds at Cahokia, very impressive.

I have also spent a lot of time among the Maya ruins in the Yucatan, at Chichen Itza and Tulum.

You have to hand it to those Mexican Indians, who built pyramids of carved stone 200 feet high, when the apex of technology among US Indians was a dirt mound, a clay pot, and a flint arrowhead. Really makes me wonder about the Chariots of the Gods stuff, if UFOs visited the Maya and gave them a kick start.

About as civilized as Europe during their stone age.

It takes a lot of organization and quite a market system to keep 20000 people fed when everything has to be transported in with a basket on your head or in a back pack.

Apparently they disposed of their sewage, or the city would not have lasted two hundred years.

The Maya, Aztec, and Inca built cities to be envied by any nation.

There have been a lot of people speaking over the last couple decades that NA native populations were severely depressed by time America embarked on Manifest Destiny. Much evidence has been shown that bison populations were higher in the early 1800s than any time before, as their sole predator was in such declining numbers.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is fascinating, thanks for posting. A city of 20,000 in Kansas, unreal. Whipped the ass of the Spaniards, then, a century later, had vanished. Probably wiped out by disease.
European diseases really decimated the Indians.

I have visited the mounds at Cahokia, very impressive.

I have also spent a lot of time among the Maya ruins in the Yucatan, at Chichen Itza and Tulum.

You have to hand it to those Mexican Indians, who built pyramids of carved stone 200 feet high, when the apex of technology among US Indians was a dirt mound, a clay pot, and a flint arrowhead. Really makes me wonder about the Chariots of the Gods stuff, if UFOs visited the Maya and gave them a kick start.

The mound builders built huge pyramids and had elaborate towns as well. In fact, it may turn out that their culture was not that different than that of Mexico. There were certainly trade links. However, the building material was dirt as opposed to cut stone because that sort of stone was not as plentiful as it was in Mexico.
Some of you might be interested in this https://www.amazon.com/1491-Revelat...814658&sr=8-1&keywords=1491+book

Personally, I think the author has a bit of an agenda about the subject, but check it out if you think there might have been huge cities in pre-Columbian America.
Thanks for posting. That was a great read. I have a good friend from Ark City and I forwarded it to him.
Fun read. I will follow the story as it unfolds.
Isn't it amazing how quickly a large city like that falls into ruin and is completely covered up by nature? A city of 20,000 people and 500 years later it takes magnetometers and serious archaeological effort to discover its prior existence.
Thanks for posting the link. It’s quite an amazing find and I look forward to new finds at this site. Last fall our family visited the Etowah Mounds outside Cartersville,GA. That settlement was visited by Desoto and existed at the time of Etzanoa. I have to believe that th two settlements traded and interacted along with the other large cultures. We take such travel Over such distances for granted. These guys hoofed it along and carried their goods or used boats and added many miles to a trip following the waterways. I’d sure like to know more details about these cultures.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Isn't it amazing how quickly a large city like that falls into ruin and is completely covered up by nature? A city of 20,000 people and 500 years later it takes magnetometers and serious archaeological effort to discover its prior existence.
No pavement, no electrical grid, no concrete buildings. There's not much to endure.
You might be surprised how poorly some of our own cities would fare after 500 years if everyone moved away and never went back.
Steel and concrete might not be in the form of buildings after 500 years, but they'd still be there.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Steel and concrete might not be in the form of buildings after 500 years, but they'd still be there.

It wouldn’t completely disappear but our concrete wouldn’t do as well as you think. Until very recently, it was markedly inferior to Roman concrete.
Wonder if the citizens of that old city may have somehow imported a few blacks?
Look at Detroit.
Fire is also a destroyer of any readily found evidence of villages, especially in my part of the Continent.
Travel routes were North-South, rather than East-West from what I have been reading, and whats up with the piles of stones containing numerous deceased people buried within that farmers are finding or have already found especially in Southern Saskatchewan?
North American Indians had alot of interaction with Central/South American Indians, not sure what could be traded or obtained that they didn't already have or need.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You might be surprised how poorly some of our own cities would fare after 500 years if everyone moved away and never went back.

One of the "shark channels" had a series a couple of years ago about how things would deteriorate if all humans disappeared.
Go read all the stories about the graves of giants, with some photographs that they found in the 19th Century. And many of the Indian tribes have legends about having to defeat tribes of giants and the like when they moved into the area.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

About as civilized as Europe during their stone age.

Assuming that to be true, that puts them how many thousands of years behind?
Did any North American Indian tribes ever invent the wheel?

Horses brought to North America by early Spanish explorers probably had the biggest impact on native people's lives especially the plains tribes than anything had in thousands of years prior.

Mesoamerican Wheeled Toys

Yeah, they had the wheel but there wasn’t much use for it because for most of their existence they didn’t have any domesticated animals suitable for pulling carts. You can’t tame bison, there were no horses, deer can’t pull a cart. Only in the far far south did they have llamas and alpacas, but in the terrain of the Andes, they were better suited as pack animals than they were pulling carts.

Yeah, they had the wheel but there wasn’t much use for it because for most of their existence they didn’t have any domesticated animals suitable for pulling carts. You can’t tame bison, there were no horses, deer can’t pull a cart. Only in the far far south did they have llamas and alpacas, but in the terrain of the Andes, they were better suited as pack animals than they were pulling carts.

I dunno, I've seen pics of a guy on a buffalo. laugh
Go read all the stories about the graves of giants, with some photographs that they found in the 19th Century. And many of the Indian tribes have legends about having to defeat tribes of giants and the like when they moved into the area.

Apparently the Smithsonian is sitting on a lot of this material.

Been to the medicine wheel.

Apparently, they knew how a wheel worked.

Travois was more efficient, for their purposes.

It wouldn’t completely disappear but our concrete wouldn’t do as well as you think. Until very recently, it was markedly inferior to Roman concrete.

My parents worked 5 years in Abu Dhabi. The Arabs were tearing down high rises that were only 30 years old. In their rush to build the high rises, they didn't bother to use desalinated water. Both the concrete was severely compromised and the structural steel and especially the rebar was rusting.

Even taller high rises were built in their place, this time using desalinated water.

I don't know how or what the difference is but the concrete that the WPA used, was a lot better than the concrete the Highway Department was using when I worked for the ARDOT (name now). miles
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Some of you might be interested in this https://www.amazon.com/1491-Revelat...814658&sr=8-1&keywords=1491+book

Personally, I think the author has a bit of an agenda about the subject, but check it out if you think there might have been huge cities in pre-Columbian America.

https://www.amazon.com/America-B-C-Ancient-Settlers-Revised/dp/0671679740

That is an update of a book I read at least 35 years ago with an impressive bit of evidence for whites coming up the Red River and finding evidence of Indians and Druids...

The principle of the wheel was discovered not invented.

I can see it now: Brave comes riding up in a cart behind his pony "Look what I invented, Heap Big Chief!"
"You not invent that! You had help, only because they help, you build!"

Ds dicing semantics since the Stone Age.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I can see it now: Brave comes riding up in a cart behind his pony "Look what I invented, Heap Big Chief!"
"You not invent that! You had help, only because they help, you build!"

It appears that guns were discovered, not invented. Burning powder has always produced an expanding gas. A soft metal object stuffed through a tube produces pressure. Anything the soft metal object hits will die if you yell BANG loud enough. Those are scientific laws that have always existed.
..]It appears that guns were discovered, not invented. Burning powder has always produced an expanding gas.
A soft metal object stuffed through a tube produces pressure. Anything the soft metal object hits will die if you yell BANG loud enough.
Those are scientific laws that have always existed.

How did you jump to man made purpose built complex mechanisms like guns and combustible chemical formulas
developed in a lab, from a naturally occurring very simple principle wheel?

The principle of the wheel [and actual basic models of such] existed before man discovered such
and then implemented in their inventions.

if you are happy to be a fool that believes other wise , thats your choice...you are a zero evidence based
Noahs Ark believer after All, which shows how irrational and highly subjective you can be.

Brainwashed subjective mind Creationists who try to explain objective mind science and physics...;cringe.

the INCLINED PLANE like the wheel is another of whats termed a SIMPLE MACHINE that occurs in nature.
but maybe Chucky can tell us who 'invented' the I-P.

To a bonehead bubba cop it needs to be explained...

Two commonly known and termed 'simple machines' like the wheel and inclined plane
already occurred in nature before man used them....One cannot then legitimately claim 'invention' of such.

The Wright brothers also did not 'invent' flight....for it had been occurring in nature for many millions of years.

To a bonehead bubba cop it needs to be explained...

Two commonly known and termed 'simple machines' like the wheel and inclined plane
already uncured in nature before man used them....One cannot then legitimately claim 'invention' of such.

The Wright brothers also did not 'invent' flight....for it had been occurring in nature for many millions of years.

Uncured, as opposed to cured?

Bonehead bubba, glass house. You’re welcome.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Uncured, as opposed to cured?

no bubba boy (cop?) , I meant to type occurred

eg;"..the wheel and inclined plane already occurred in nature before man used them.."

if you can fit cured into that , it explains why you are a cop.

I only made a keystroke error causing the computer to prompt a different word and auto insert it.
You however have no sense of rational vocabulary to recognise a simple one off chance error...
...instead you see your chance to play the petty spellcheck cop....LOL
Gawd that would suck if it was your land.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Gawd that would suck if it was your land.

I was wondering about that...can you imagine having a section of wheat, headed out and ready for the combine and have the absent minded professor come up and ask to begin digging holes all up and down your property...
© 24hourcampfire