Home
It seems she "accidentally" shot him in the head with a crossbow in 2016. What a strange "accident" whistle

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wife-accused-poisoning-husband-eye-182031353.html
Wife Accused of Poisoning Husband With Eye Drops Shot Him With Crossbow in 2016: Officials
,Inside Edition•September 5, 2018
The woman accused of fatally poisoning her husband with eye drops once shot him in the back of the head with a crossbow, officials have revealed.

Police have reopened an investigation into the bizarre incident at the home of millionaire Stephen Clayton and his 52-year-old wife, Lana, which occurred two years ago.

Lana Clayton told police she was having trouble loading a crossbow. She says that she took it into the bedroom where her husband was sleeping. She then claimed the device accidentally went off and a piece of the bow called “the bolt” struck him in the back of the head. He woke up screaming, but miraculously, he was not seriously hurt.

Crossbow expert Manny Circa told Inside Edition that if you keep the safety on the crossbow on, it won't go off.

Stephen Clayton told detectives he “did not believe she was trying to kill him," according to documents obtained by Inside Edition. The situation was later ruled an accident.

Cops say Lana Clayton has now confessed to murdering her husband by putting eye drops into his water. The chemical can be deadly if swallowed.

"Over several days it started shutting down his body," optometrist Dr. Elyse Briscoe told Inside Edition. "You can't breathe after a while. Your heart shuts down and you eventually go into a coma."

The couple lived in an enclave of million dollar homes on Lake Wylie, South Carolina. Stephen Clayton's funeral was held in the backyard before toxicology reports showed he had been poisoned.

Frank Keith and Ken Stanford were at the funeral.

Keith told Inside Edition she was "stoic" at the funeral.

Sanford added, "That's part of the mystery all of this is. He always appeared to be happy-go-lucky grateful for his success, grateful to be alive, grateful to be in the community and that's all the more reason that it's so stunning to us, I think."
If at first you don't succeed...
I have to wonder how someone gets shot in the head by a crossbow while they are sleeping and there is no thought to why is the wife trying to load a crossbow in the house?
I would bet if this is brought up at her trial we will find out it was not her crossbow and she had no history of ever using a crossbow.
"a piece of the bow called “the bolt”

Part of the bow? Accessory maybe......... whistle
Ouch!!!
I've had itchy runny eyes for days now, and my wife asked me if I wanted to get some eye drops to put in them.....................I said, no way.

I also locked my crossbow too.
Originally Posted by diamondjim
"a piece of the bow called “the bolt”

Part of the bow? Accessory maybe......... whistle

Also known as an arrow.

What imbecile wrote that?
She needs to use better broad heads.
Originally Posted by Virginian2

Not any more, she doesn't.
[Linked Image]
There needs to be huge red warnings on that stuff. God forbid a toddler grabs a bottle of it off the coffee table and chews on it.
Made me think of this....

[Linked Image]
What is in eye drops that makes it so deadly?

As for the bolt; that is the right name, I am surprised a news story had it. The cylindrical solid projectiles shot from good old artillery is also a bolt, as opposed to a shell, cannister, bar, ball. Hope I didn't start something.
Originally Posted by kennyd
What is in eye drops that makes it so deadly?

As for the bolt; that is the right name, I am surprised a news story had it. The cylindrical solid projectiles shot from good old artillery is also a bolt, as opposed to a shell, cannister, bar, ball. Hope I didn't start something.

Sure, it's the right name, but it's the intended projectile. The reporter made it sound like some part of the crossbow came off that wasn't supposed to and caused injury.
There is a group at my work place who does this to others because a drop or two will cause diarrhea to there victim.
How many more murders will occur now that the public knows eye drops are lethal?
Originally Posted by DMc
How many more murders will occur now that the public knows eye drops are lethal?

I've known that for awhile.

A quick search shows discussion of it back to 2007. Probably before that...

Windex and anti-freeze is too.
Originally Posted by Virginian2

He should have given her a bigger broadhead.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by DMc

I've known that for awhile.

A quick search shows discussion of it back to 2007. Probably before that...

Windex and anti-freeze is too.

Windex clears them up and the AF keeps ur eyelids from stickin to yer eyeballs in cold weather.
Originally Posted by DMc

[Linked Image]

Yer always thinkin of everthang DMc. wink
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DMc

[Linked Image]

Yer always thinkin of everthang DMc. wink

Sharp as a dull tack!!! Thx Jag

Originally Posted by DMc

nasal-pray also has the effective ingredient 'tetrahydrozoline'

...and the wife regularly attended Bible class, which may have been the most deadly ingredient of all... grin

could be the place where vengeful housewives met to talk about their cheating husbands and how to 'deal'
with them.
© 24hourcampfire