Home
Guys (and gals), if you believe in prayer please whisper a prayer for my small town in Columbus County, North Carolina. Hurricane Florence showed her ugly face and devastated the place I call home. Before Florence left she dumped 40” of rain, high winds, and not to mention a few confirmed tornados before she left. We have no power, there is no way in or out. All major highways are impassable. Our first responders are running out of resources. Thousands have been evacuated. Our family owned outdoor/gun store was broken into, along with several other stores in town. So if you don’t mind, just whisper a prayer for us as we try to pick up the pieces and rebuild.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. Keep your spirits up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
May the Grace of God give you the strength to prevail,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://imgur.com/a/NvYe8XW[/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Prayers sent.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Went thru very similar flooding in 1997 in our small burg. Prayers lifted from KY...
Hang in there bud...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Prayers for my fellow Tarheels sent from Rowan. I was afraid of this. Eastern N.C. is just so low in elevation and so close to the coast. It makes for a wicked combination. I am quite certain that our church will be helping out at some point. We are still helping out in the Rocky Mount area, from Hurricane Matthew.
Going to be a real long haul.......!!!

Good luck, Buddy!
Prayers sent.
Gawd awful..............prayers & best wishes sent.

MM
Prayers for you and all those effected. Hopefully the water will begin to recede soon.
Done!
Sent.

Dang, a lot of shattered dreams.
Damn, such devastation.

Prayers for your little burg.
The land I leased for hunting was sold right out from under me today. It sucks and the news was devastating. But it was not devastating...it's a bump in the road and if that's as rough as life ever got, I'd be blessed---but most likely oblivious to that fact. You folks have been dealt a devastating blow, and I feel for you. And pray for all. Stay strong and keep the peace. And God bless.
That looks awful rough. It reminds me of pics of the '37 Ohio River flood from my hometown of Paducah Kentucky.
Prayer sent.
Done. Thank you for the post.
Prayers offered from Western NC where we largely dodged this bullet. What is the name of your town?
Done.

And as they say, "this too shall pass"

Just sucks in the meantime...
Prayers from those of us just west of the Pee Dee. We got hit hard but not as widespread and extensive as you guys. B
Praying for all affected.
Done, we got it last year and those pics make me cringe. I have no doubt things will be cleaned up, rebuilt, and life will return to normal in time. If I may offer a bit of unsolicited advice, you're town is about to be inundated with contractors from all over looking for rebuild work. Many will be respectable and some will be pos conmen looking to taking advantage of people who have lost everything. Choose wisely
Thanks everyone. It’s been very disheartening so far.
Saw the very same thing in my home town in the floods of 94 and 98. Both of them were called "500" year floods!

Prayers sent! The Lord keep you!!
What a mess! Prayers sent and continuing for you good folks.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I only hope that the good people of North Carolina respond to your needs the way the people of Texas and Louisiana responded to the needs to those who suffered thru Harvey last year.
Prayers sent!
Prayers for a quick recovery. You guys are pretty much up against it for sure.
Prayers sent from Pitt County. We are just at the northern edge of the severe flooding. You guys to the south of us paid the price this time.
Thanks everyone.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Amen!
Prayers for all in the storms path.
Thanks for the pictorial, gives much perspective.
Punisher:
We've been through Bladenboro many times over the years...so sad to see this. Prayers sent for you and your family and town.
Prayers from Missouri! Thanks for the visual. Gonna be a tough road.
Sorry to hear it, hate to see it. Prayers sent.

.....how's the fishing? (J/k)
Heart breaking pictures. Prayers for all involved. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Amen!

THIS! We were in the crosshairs for a while; storm turned sharply on Wed. a.m. Glad for us but I feel for you folks that took the hit.
Praying for God to lift you up, and keep you in the palm of His hand.
5000 hogs 300000 chickens.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

??
Hello from Kenansville n.c. just got power today basement full of water none in house 10 inches in the shop will take a while to see what got damaged. Lots of folks around here worse off than me. People who live within a mile of the Northeast Cape Fear River got water to the 2nd floor.
Originally Posted by Punisher0822
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

??

Drowned.

Just bringing it to the top. Ain't over for many. Good luck!

Sorry, 3.5 million chickens.
Prayers for y'all from Florida. We went through much of that last year with Irma. Sure ain't fun. I have sent contributions to two different outfits that are helping. Mercy Chefs and Team Rubicon.
You got the prayers, but believe, it or not, they've already been answered. Take care of your family, friends and community. And take care of yourself. Stuff is just stuff. This is your chance to show how strong you are and how much you care. Time to take care of the things you can. Remember, a hero is just somebody who steps up when confronted by a difficult situation. Not everyone has the opportunity to be a hero.
Prayers on the way.
Did Harvey as a first responder here last fall.

You all have my thoughts and prayers. First responders have my respect too.
Up for our friends in the Carolinas having a tough time. We haven't forgotten you just because the news has.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Up for our friends in the Carolinas having a tough time. We haven't forgotten you just because the news has.

There is certainly the fear that the victims of this storm will be easily forgotten, bring that they are mostly rural folks. I can say for certain that our side of the state will be down there to help out.
Hang in there - prayers sent!
I just read in this morning's paper about 1 farm losing 1.7 million chickens.
That's a hit!
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

There is certainly the fear that the victims of this storm will be easily forgotten, bring that they are mostly rural folks. I can say for certain that our side of the state will be down there to help out.

They always are. Six months from now, before these folks have even begun to get back in their homes, the MSM will have long forgotten Florence, and those who mention her will only say "Thank God she didn't hit somewhere that mattered."
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

They always are. Six months from now, before these folks have even begun to get back in their homes, the MSM will have long forgotten Florence, and those who mention her will only say "Thank God she didn't hit somewhere that mattered."

Unfortunately, everything you said is true. Sometimes I wonder if its not better to forget than to dwell. Then when it happens to you, you don't want it to be forgotten. Its a double edge sword.
Prayers sent from New Jersey, hang in there!
© 24hourcampfire