Home
Free Range, Tejon Ranch Southern Sierras.
442 & Change B&C.

[Linked Image]
Nice elk, but I hate forced prospective pictures, and I think less of the people who take them or are in them when it comes to hunting/fishing pictures.
I hate photo Nazis.
If you know elk, or any other big game animal, you know that you can't make a dink look huge to guys that really hunt.
Nice management bull. whistle
Blow me fayget, and shove your buzz word up yer arse. While I agree that people can tell when an animal is large or small based on other features other than body size, there is no need to used force prospective with an already large animal. He is easily 2+ feet from this animal( outstretched arm to grab antlers, upward camera angle). He could have easily sat right behind it's ribcage and we would still think it's large elk, without him using ELKZILLA tactics.
What a f uc k in g p u s s y.

Have you even killed a deer?
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Blow me fayget, and shove your buzz word up yer arse. While I agree that people can tell when an animal is large or small based on other features other than body size, there is no need to used force prospective with an already large animal. He is easily 2+ feet from this animal( outstretched arm to grab antlers, upward camera angle). He could have easily sat right behind it's ribcage and we would still think it's large elk, without him using ELKZILLA tactics.

Hell of a bull.
Damn that’s a nice bull! Fat bastard to boot.

What do you mean by “free range”?
The world record was 442 3/8 killed by John Plute in Dark Canyon Colorado.
That stood for like 100 years or so IIRC...so yeah it's a dink....🤣
Sal,

is this an archery bull?

I don't follow the regs down there so I don't know if muzzleloader/ rifle is open yet.

I have pics of some nice Modoc bulls taken recently, but none look that good.

Geno
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Not a high fenced , tame elk.
Optical illusion, looks 441.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Not a high fenced , tame elk.

Lotta folks are not familiar with the ranch Sal, no idea how big it is and that critters can live on it for years and get nowhere near public roads etc.

Just because it's on a ranch doesn't mean it's tame.

Geno
At least he doesn't have that chit-eatin' grin they usually have. I hate the optical illusion hunting photo's, too.
That bull is an absolute giant. The Tejon ranch is huge. Good on him. Screw the nasayers
The elk roam on and off the property but the "Ranch" is like a Five Star Four Seasons for wild life. Meaning you can leave but why. They spend big money on habitat development that benefits not only big game but all wild life in and around that property.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Hell of a bull.

Agreed, and that's why the FP is even more ridiculous than normal.

You just proved yourself a pos with your own words.

FOAD you pos.
Hell of a bull. Must be a green score. A 60 day drying period would put the bull in velvet.
Was curious about the ranch and Googled up some info. Apparently some introduced elk escaped years back and now a small wild herd lives in the area. They wander on and off the ranch. State issues some land owner permits. Looks like a cool hunt.

The Roland Martin photos don’t bother me. Give me a chuckle if anything. That bull is a hoss no matter where the fella is sitting.
At Tejon, it probably cost a near fortune.
Yep, regardless of pics 442 is def on the large size.

Actually, im pissed i didnt have proactive pics of me and my 260 gross BC muley. Its true to life pics arent nearly as impressive as other pics i see of muleys scoring 40 inches less.
Yep.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You just proved yourself a pos with your own words.

FOAD you pos.

Awww, did my rational words upset the little snowflake..? Grow up or untwist your panties, your feigned outrage doesn't get you any validity. You faquers sure are deep on ad hominem, but short on reasonable and rational discourse, maybe ya'll should get'cha some of that learn'n.
Great bull, congrats to the hunter.
Originally Posted by Old Ornery

Count on it. Hunting on the Tejon Ranch is extremely expensive!

L.W.
That's a real nice bull! No matter where it came from or who killed it.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Yowza!! Googled it, looks like a steal if OP didn't pay for the trophy hunt.
Just checked 6 days 6 nights 30,000 dollars. Free range Technically yes, but due to the size of the ranch the elk might as well be their own private herd. Unless you have money the general public will never have a chance to hunt them.

Richard
Originally Posted by hntnnut
Just checked 6 days 6 nights 30,000 dollars. Free range Technically yes, but due to the size of the ranch the elk might as well be their own private herd. Unless you have money the general public will never have a chance to hunt them.

Richard

Just bears repeating to give some perspective.
If ya gotta hire it done, $30k ain't bad for what this guy got.
If you hold the bills out away from you $30000 looks even bigger! laugh
If you hold the bills out away from you $30000 looks even bigger!

I am cheaper than you as a fifty held behind him would have my rapt attention.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Really, a grand worth of meat and a hat rack.

I would rather have the money.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If you hold the bills out away from you $30000 looks even bigger!

I am cheaper than you as a fifty held behind him would have my rapt attention.

Laughing.

If you had the disposable income, would you hunt Africa?

If you had the disposable income, would you hunt Africa?

No as it does not interest me...and unless I win lotto there is very little chance of my ever having to face that decision in actuality.
My brother's such a tightwad, one time I managed ta pull a nickle outta his hand, and there was fingerprints embedded in it.

Guy would use both sides a the toilet paper, if his wife would let him.

Point is, there's people that *do* have the $$$ to have the decision to make, and they make it in favor of the hunt.

I don't fault em for that, and hopin you win that lotto, wouldn't fault you for goin to Africa.
Hunters that have the means either through financial ability, friendship or relatives to hunt private land for fair chase animals only have one main advantage over the rest who hunt public land...Idiots roaming around screwing up your hunt, or other hardcore hunters who had the same idea you did to hunt miles away from road access. 😎
My brother's such a tightwad, one time I managed ta pull a nickle outta his hand, and there was fingerprints embedded in it.

Guy would use both sides a the toilet paper, if his wife would let him.

Point is, there's people that *do* have the $$$ to have the decision to make, and they make it in favor of the hunt.

I don't fault em for that, and hopin you win that lotto, wouldn't fault you for goin to Africa.

Should I ever (wife actually as I am too miserable to buy a ticket) win lotto I will be off to France to commission work from Dorleac & Dorleac, then off to Purdy for a set of glorious matched twenties...then straight to the States to hunt bears, but not with one of your tourist operators.

Should I ever have need to hand money over to hunt, it will go in the hand of hunters and business' that live in the area...not some arsehole that runs a tourist shop stocked with "bling".
Yeah, I don't think this one has milk on his lips. A great bull for sure.
Hey buddy, thanks for posting this picture.
Have a good day.
Fake news. He's not wearing any ridiculously priced "camo" and there's no subliminal product placement with pronominal names in the picture. wink
WOW!
Elkslayer91 kills elk like these everyday in his back yard.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Elkslayer91 kills elk like these everyday in his back yard.

With a hand tossed stone.
Originally Posted by hntnnut

Richard

$30K?? Far as I'm concerned, they're out of their minds.

Class isn't a buzz word.
Like I said, if he paid the management hunt fee and got a trophy then it was a steal at $12,500. What would a hunt out of state into Wyo, Colo, Utah, Id. cost with travel, food, lodging and a guide? And how many times do you spend that money and not score? It might come up close.
Anyway, it looks like he got a lifetime bull.
Hell of a bull. If he can afford it, good for him. It’s his money, I would go if I could afford it.
Originally Posted by hanco
Hell of a bull. If he can afford it, good for him. It’s his money, I would go if I could afford it.

Same here.

Maybe I missed it, but is the OP the hunter or is he just deliverig the message?
Nice bull.

Yep, hell of a bull. The only bull i ever got bigger than that was a moose. shocked
Nice Bull.
Nice elk, but I hate forced prospective pictures, and I think less of the people who take them or are in them when it comes to hunting/fishing pictures.

It's "perspective," not "prospective." Ie; I read my prospective financial statement and now have the perspective I'm screwed...
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

That's what I was thinking
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Same here.
Maybe I missed it, but is the OP the hunter or is he just deliverig the message?

That not the OP.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Same here.
Maybe I missed it, but is the OP the hunter or is he just delivering the message?

That not the OP.

Thanks.
I know a couple of the Tejon guides, had those pictures on my phone within minutes and will be hunting with the father of one in a few weeks in Wyoming.

Tejon is a beautiful ranch with some mind blowing elk and good people. There are several top quality bulls taken on the ranch yearly. I'm glad to be in on the phone message loop as I will never be able to hunt them. Have to stick to the cheaper pig hunts. smile
Originally Posted by Brad

It's "perspective," not "prospective." Ie; I read my prospective financial statement and now have the perspective I'm screwed...

You are correct, I was workin' on the better part of a bottle and my hands got away from me. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Brad

You are correct, I was workin' on the better part of a bottle and my hands got away from me. Thanks.

Yep, we can see that you have been at the bottle.

I hate it when people act all passionate about some topic on internet that they can’t even spell.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The world record was 442 3/8 killed by John Plute in Dark Canyon Colorado.
That stood for like 100 years or so IIRC...so yeah it's a dink....🤣

with a dern .30-40 !
Originally Posted by turkish

I hate it when people act all passionate about some topic on internet that they can’t even spell.

Eye no it, them our sum word tip oh peep all errand her. ewe mite wan two doubly are con stent checks four they kind. Also, if you think that is passionate, I'd hate to see what you give your old lady as 'passion'. She's probably not thrilled by it...
Did 91 move west?
Originally Posted by turkish

Eye no it, them our sum word tip oh peep all errand her. ewe mite wan two doubly are con stent checks four they kind. Also, if you think that is passionate, I'd hate to see what you give your old lady as 'passion'. She's probably not thrilled by it...

Just when we thought you couldn’t be more of a dumbass... just stop posting.

So now the truth shows what a dink it really was.
What an a s s h o l e.

[Linked Image]
Azzholes and their frigging prospectives...
© 24hourcampfire