Home
Posted By: JOG M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
I need a new one and there are too many options. Does anyone have a recommendation? Preferably American made.
Posted By: shaman Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
Try the Rothco M65's on Amazon.
Posted By: fubarguy Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
Aren't there any Army/Navy stores by you?
Posted By: joken2 Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18

Maybe here?

https://www.charleyssurplus.com/militaryclothing/fieldjackets188.html

(Not easy to find American made genuine U.S. Military issue surplus clothing in the larger and long sizes, especially popular items like the M-65 field coats.)
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
Any particular camo pattern that interests you?
Posted By: JOG Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
No camo - plain olive green.

There are a few surplus stores around here, but the selection is a little too ratty.
Posted By: JeffG818 Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
I've bought several items from these people. They are great folks. https://www.militaryclothing.com/search.aspx?q=m65
Posted By: slumlord Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
used mine just for wearing on visits to the junkyard. Big pockets for tools and didn't give a crap if I got cherry fluid all over it

Posted By: renegade50 Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
Things are all over the place in clarksvegas.....
Posted By: slumlord Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
Get one for $20 at The Pack Rat milsurp here locally

And instantly youre a disabled ptsd vet ready to panhandle Exit 4 on i-24

And dumb sympathetic idiots from illinois will hook you up
Posted By: lastround Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
I wish I had the one I was issued back in 1965. Of course it wouldn’t still fit................
Posted By: rem141r Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/24/18
still got mine and the liner with my sgt chevrons and last unit patches and it does fit, but snuggly. i didn't realize those things would shrink just hanging in the garage.

check out flea bay. gotta be cheap

all the A&N stores around here sell fuggen chinese schit and weird stuff from various nato countries.
Posted By: Cabriolet Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/25/18
Darn I have 4 of them from my days in the AF, 1968 through 1978. Still fit. Three have the chintzy liners, one has the real sheepskin liner, man is it warm! Even have a parka with the Wolf Hair hood.

Back when I was a kid growing up in Coastal Georgia the M65 was in high demand for a hunting jacket. My Uncle in the AF got a couple for me, I left them with my dad when I was drafted.
Posted By: JOG Re: M65 Field Jacket? - 09/27/18
Thanks, gents. I ended up going with Propper. They have 25% off until 9/30, so an $89.99 jacket was had for $67.49 (free shipping).
© 24hourcampfire