Home

Chuck is my older brother......he lives in SW PA.....I live in Utah

He lives alone without any close family members...

Last week I spoke with him....having some health issues...we talk 2-3 times a week.....

my calls go unanswered on cell & land lines on 9-27..9-28....hummm ?

So I decide to call a neighbor...after a search for info on him on the net.....

He & his wife live three doors away.....find him on the floor..house locked..lights on

911 dispatches EMT's & Police......doors locked......no keys ! Front door kicked in with my

permission while on phone.....not sure how long he was 'unattended' but a least 1-2 days

very dehydrated..urinary tract infection.....now under care of UPMC East near PGH

Improving on a daily basis...IF......there are any open classified open deals with him......

please PM me......I will address them..........

Brother Chuck loved catchin' Utah Trout !

[Linked Image]
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

P
Aw man, sorry to hear this. Hope this has a positive ending. Prayers sent.
Tikka, tough row to hoe that. Best wishes for you both.

Dan
Sure hate to hear that!

My prayers for his complete recovery.
Prayers for your Bro's health to return.
He is going to be in a lot of pain for quite awhile. I got a urinary tract infection from a catheter during back surgery about three years ago. I lost a couple of days entirely. A course of antibiotics cleared it up but the residual infection was really painful and pain pills was the only treatment.
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Good thing you were aware something didn't feel right.
He was lucky you were checking on him. I hope he gets well soon!!
Sorry to hear that tikkanut,

I have done transactions with him in the past with never a problem - always a smooth deal.
Good guy to deal with.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery,
-Ted
So sorry to hear. Our prayers for his complete recovery.
i go past upmc east to/from work every day. i could help you out in a pinch if needed.

fyi, upmc east is an excellent hospital. been in it myself a couple times as have family members.
Good thing you pursued it. Another day or two and it may have been too late. Hope he recovers fully.
Good job tikkanut.

Chuck's lucky to have a baby brother that cares enough and is smart enough to make that happen 2000mi away.

Hang in there Chuck.
Tikka, a brother like you is a brother indeed.

Best for his recovery.
Best Wishes to Your Brother.
Yes, Best Wishes!
Glad you checked on him, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Prayers for your brother from N.C.
Originally Posted by hanco
He was lucky you were checking on him. I hope he gets well soon!!

my thoughts, as well !
Way to lookout for your brother, good job, let's hope for a speedy recovery.
Prayers for a full, and quick, recovery from here!
Glad you checked on him!
Always sad when health problems pop up with those we care about, yet are so far away....

condolences and prayers for a speedy and painless recovery for your brother....

wish that had happened to PaDDler instead....
Wow!

Good luck Chuck!
Good thing you insisted on getting in and finding out wth's goin' on.. You did good..
Tikka... Glad you had the fortitude to call someone.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Prayers sent Tikka.

If you need to get anything to your brother or have anything checked on in a pinch, let me know, I'm not that far away.
Best wishes to you both.
My brother lives alone in a western state, I worry about him
Great picture. Prayers sent.
Prayers for all...just went through very similar myself, back in April. Sounds like he got help before it got in his kidneys. Even the recovery from the anti-biotics takes awhile, makes you very weak.
Wow! So many others would have passed were it not for your regular connection and correct reaction. So glad to hear he is improving and hope and pray for a full recovery.

You might want to consider talking to him about a monitor and watch-type or around the neck panic button he could wear so if something like this happens again help can be summoned immediately. Also, possibly daily visitation from either nursing or other care giver.
Prayers for a speedy recovery. Kudos for being a brother!
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

thanks guys for all the thoughts & prayers.......

especially the offers for help on the PA side !

pic.....Utah's Henry Mountains...few years back......

[Linked Image]
Good on you for checking up on him. I have some friends who work at East if I can possibly help out at all. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
Glad you checked when you did.

This coulda been an entirely different kind of thread...
I hope everything turns out well for your brother and he makes a full recovery. Good thing you followed your hunch and checked up on him.

I also think you are to be commended for considering those people who have open deals with him and taking the initiative to put their minds at ease and take responsibility to complete those transactions. Well done.

Just to follow up with my previous post on my brother Chuck......AKA '223'

He passed away today Dec 2nd in Greensburg Pa due to complications

of a very bad urinary tract infection...he stuck with with us till the end but lost

out with serious complications of infection......Gone but not forgotten.......

RIP big brother......I'll miss your September trips to Utah !

[Linked Image]
Sad to hear. Very sorry for your loss.
Gosh what a shame. You have my deepest condolences. Prayers for the family.
I am very sorry for your loss. It is obvious that you are a great brother and lost one. When the pain ebbs, take comfort from these great memories that you so generously share with us.
Sorry for your loss Sir,specially during this holiday season.
Godspeed on your new journey Chuck.

Condolences and kind thoughts to you and your family tikkanut.

Geno
My heart breaks for you, Tikkanut. I'm sure your brother appreciates you. May he find peace in the light of his Creator.
tikkanut;
I am so sorry to read of this sir.

Please accept my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family left behind.

Dwayne
God speed. Prayers for yas. Never thought a urinary tract infection could get ya. Damn, just ...damn.
Sorry to hear that it has turned out this way. Stay strong, TN.
Condolences. Sorry to hear this. I did not see before but glad you got a chance to get involved initially. You're good brother material for sure. Be strong.

Damn bad news. frown
Prayers sent my friend.
I’m sorry to hear of your brothers passing. The Doc said if I’d been a few hours later when they got me to the ER that I wouldn’t have made it when I had the same thing.
Dammit.....there are no words......
RIP, Chuck.

Life is so fragile at times.
Bum deal Tikkler.

Condolences.
Well darn! condolences.
Sad news.....RIP Chuck.
My condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sorry to hear Tikka, it truly sucks.
My deepest condolences, may he rest in peace.
Savor the good times, he'll be waiting at Fiddler's Green.
Prayers to you and your brother sir.
I am so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and the rest of the family.
Tikka condolences to you and your family.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

Prayers to you and the family.

P
My sincerest condolences to you and your family, tikkanut.
Tikkanut: So sorry to hear of your loss.
Prayers sent.
Stay strong through the coming days.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Very sorry to hear this.....our hearts go out to you and your family. frown
I’m sorry to hear if this news. Prayers for you all, from N.C,
Oh man. So sorry for your loss. RIP, brother.
God Bless you tikkanut, and your big brother. May the Lord welcome him with open arms.
Very sorry.
Tikkanut

My condolences, sorry to hear about your brother.
Lost my brother last month but I was able to spend a week with him before he passed.
I'm sure your brother appreciated having you as family.
Tikkanut
So sorry to hear of this. Please accept my deepest condolences.
I just spent 3 days at my brothers place. Got a decent buck with the rifle and unfortunately we hit a yearling doe with his truck. Body shop says $8500 damage. Just thinking if I lost him, how diminished my life would be, makes me consider how much and your family may be suffering in the loss of your brother.

My sincere condolences on your loss.
Very sorry for your loss Tikkanut. Cherish the memories you shared.
You have my sincere condolences.
Just reading this.....

Condolences Tikka... I hope the Good Lord is with you and your family thru this trying time...

He has left all of this behind and is certainly home in a much better place.

Hope his time dealing with the infection was as painless as possible...

I've always believed, we all have a beginning and all have an end.. and we have no control over either.
We've only got control of what is in between...sounds like you brother had a life well lived...

Now may he be forever young in God's House.
Sorry for your loss. I bought some 280 brass from him few months back. My wife comes out to the garage and your brother left a voice message saying it was once fired brass and he will make it right. I let him know through pm whatever he thought was fair. That says a lot about a man. Sad we lose good guys like your brother.
Condolences sent. Nothing like a brother when it comes to hunting and guns. I lost my favorite brother a little over 7 years ago, and there have been a hundred times since that I've found myself wishing I could just talk to him again about our favorite things. Time will heal the pain.
Sure hate to see this news this morning.

So sorry for your loss.
My condolences, sir.
I hate you lost your brother, sorry for your loss!!
So sorry to hear this Tikkanut. My deepest condolences, and prayers are sent.
Sorry for the families loss, prayers sent.
Sorry to hear. Prayers sent.
God bless you, your brother and your family.
Sorry for your loss Tikka
Very sorry for your loss Tikka.
So sorry for you and your family Pard...he was way too young. My heart is full toward you and yours...Rev Jim
Good deal on using your head when your brother would not answer, hope he recovers fast and returns home. I am in NW/PA if by some chance you or your brother need anything.
Whoa.
Just saw this.

That escalated quickly.
Truly sorry, Nut.
You are in my thoughts.

Make the most of each day, boys.
No guarantees out there.
May God’s Grace and Comfort surround you and your Brother’s family. I lost one of mine in 2015..It is a soul crushing time.
God bless you.
I'm very sorry to hear of the Tikkanut. Very sorry.

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom

Thank for all the kind thoughts & prayers........

Life is short.........go huntin.....fishin' or shootin' with a buddy or family member today !
I just read the news and I extend my sincere condolences to you and the family. You and the family will be lifted up in prayers for peace and comfort.
Condolences to you tikkanut, & may your brother rest in peace.

Just an FYI for anyone in SW PA....will be selling Chuck's Dodge Ram 2500 truck

2004...regular cab & 8' bed....Cummins diesel motor & 6 speed manual transmission

122K miles....clean one owner/garage kept...4x4 yes.......$15200.....no pics on file

I do have one interested party.....but no commitment...PM me for any details
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Obituary came out today........

thx guys for all the thoughts !

Pic taken on Boulder Mountains in Utah a few years ago

https://www.indianagazette.com/obit...dd684a2-dcfc-5099-800f-39a8c0465720.html
I'm sorry that you lost your dear brother but I'm grateful you have a bunch of happy shared memories.

A life well lived and he knew he was loved!
Sorry for your loss. I wish I could afford that Cummins.
Dang, sorry to hear this.
prayers sent...
Oh man....so sorry to hear this Tikka.

Condolences to you and Godspeed to your brother.
Sad news, sorry for your loss. Condolences sent.
© 24hourcampfire