Home
Posted By: hanco How many left handers out there? - 10/16/18
I write and eat left handed, but do everything else right handed. I had arm broken and shoulder dislocated when young.

How many lefties out there?
left handed. I putt golf and shoot right handed.
I am.

Everything lefty. Makes for missing out on a lot of cool rifles.
lefty here. i don't write like i have a broken claw either like obama does.

my first grade teacher got me off on the right track.

shoot & hammer left handed, golf right handed.

as a non-interesting aside, bush the younger, clinton & obama were all left-handed.

but, i don't know what it might mean.
More or less lefty here. Probably more right hand and left eye dominant.

Do fine work with the left hand, strong work with the right. Shoot, write, use eating utensils with the left hand but bat and throw a ball with the right hand and catch with the left, play guitar (well, try to play) normally using the right to strum and left to finger the notes but use a hammer with the left hand. Could never shoot a bow worth a hoot, I draw it right handed but am trying to aim with the left eye so it looks across the arrow instead of down it.
Rub one out with my left hand.
Feels like I'm getting some strange.
Lefties are generally more artistic. Kind of a left brain right brain thing.

I'm ambidextrous as well...mostly right.
Originally Posted by Gus

as a non-interesting aside, bush the younger, clinton & obama were all left-handed.

My third grade teacher, Mrs. Waters, damned me to a life of horribly bad handwriting, especially cursive. She made me slant my paper the same way as all the other right handed kids so I push the letters across the page instead of pulling them as they are meant to be written. Got so used to it that now when I try to slant it the opposite way the letters march up across the page.

A curiousity is that when I try to write right handed it comes out a perfect mirror image going right to left. Not the greatest penmanship but it's easily readable in a mirror.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Interesting. You and Quagmire do it the same... wink

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Gus

My third grade teacher, Mrs. Waters, damned me to a life of horribly bad handwriting, especially cursive. She made me slant my paper the same way as all the other right handed kids so I push the letters across the page instead of pulling them as they are meant to be written. Got so used to it that now when I try to slant it the opposite way the letters march up across the page.

A curiousity is that when I try to write right handed it comes out a perfect mirror image going right to left. Not the greatest penmanship but it's easily readable in a mirror.

no such things as left-handed guns when i was growing up. not in my community anyways.

shot pump guns, semi-autos, and right hand turn bolts. they all worked just fine. like the classic stocks though, hate the cheekpiece on the wrong side.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by renegade50

Interesting. You and Quagmire do it the same... wink

[Linked Image]

laugh
I have a Kleinguenther with a left hand cheekpiece on it. I’m gonna have it taken off after deer season.
Total lefty here, but have the ability to swap shoulders quickly with a shotgun on a fast passing bird from right to left....or the occasional coyote out the truck window, unhandy for a lefty.
I use pen or pencil with my left hand, I sometimes cram food with both hands, I generally pull a trigger with a finger on my right hand, & I wipe with toilet paper. When taking care of personal business, I can switch hands & gain a stroke..

Wrenches, hammers, saws etc. can be used with either hand.
I shoot bow & gun Lefty, everything else righty.
Total lefty here too. Although as I grow older, I have become more ambidextrous. I think it is from having more patience with the right handed world we live in. Almost all tools, etc. are right handed.

On an interesting note, when I was in college years ago, a professor had an ongoing experiment. On the first day of a large auditorium sized class (200+ students), he would ask all lefties to raise their hand. We were all sitting on the first 2 rows. He said it was always that way.

Lefty just about all the way.

Early teachers tried very hard to get me in the right side.

It did not work.

But I do have a bunch of left-handed rifles that I adore.

Life turned out to be pretty good for this 78 year old hunter.

Steve
Lefty here, do everything Left handed except batting and golfing. Though I can bat and golf both ways. Afraid to use the term switch hitter around this gang.
If it requires finesse (writing, eating,etc.), left-handed. If it requires strength (throwing, lifting, etc.), right-handed. Right eye dominant, shoot righty.
I’m left handed if I look in the mirror 😊
I'm left handed, but play a guitar and fish right handed.
Left-handed, left eye dominant, left hand bolts only!!!!!
total lefty
Left handed, left eye dominant. Write with my left hand just like a right handed.

The only thing I do right handed is shoot a bow and arrow. Right handed bows were all we had growing up.

I own very few right handed firearms now. Even my AR's have left handed uppers.
I shoot left handed as does my son. If my son was right handed I have quite a few useless rifles and shotguns. Thankfully he will inherit guns he can use.
You guys are all sinister.
The woman and I are both lefties.
Left hand, Right hand----------Let's see... Left is when the thumb is on the inside right?
Originally Posted by hanco
I write and eat left handed, but do everything else right handed. I had arm broken and shoulder dislocated when young.

How many lefties out there?
Me.

Remember - we're the only ones in our 'right' mind... smile
eat and write left, shoot right.
I shoot, eat, & write left handed. I'm left eye dominant. I do everything else right handed.
Originally Posted by Tracks
Left hand, Right hand----------Let's see... Left is when the thumb is on the inside right?

Coaching LL football we had a kid that honestly had no clue, all plays ended in either L or R, every time when a play was called[practice] he would look down at his hands which he would be moving like he was tossing a ball up and down until his mind could tell him which was which. He was probably 12 at the time.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Tracks

Coaching LL football we had a kid that honestly had no clue, all plays ended in either L or R, every time when a play was called[practice] he would look down at his hands which he would be moving like he was tossing a ball up and down until his mind could tell him which was which. He was probably 12 at the time.

My son has a friend that, even today when he's 28 years old, can't remember which is right or left. He holds his index fingers straight up with his thumb on a 90* angle. Which ever one makes the letter "L", that's his left. The funny part is that he's now an elementary school teacher. He's really smart, but just has this mental block or something.
I have heard that lefties have difficulty with left and right and will attest to that. Not as bad as having to look at my hands to tell but if someone says turn right or turn left I have to think about it for a second.

Good thing I wasn't in Gunny Hartman's platoon...
Yes. Depends on the endeavor. Right eye dominant. Baseball, softball, bowling, and frisbie left handed throws. Firearms right handed, archery used to be left but went right at about 30 yrs. Football, darts, golf, batting, tennis, ping pong, writing, and eating right hand. Corn toss left hand. No issues picking out port or starboard.

Must admit that it's fun to tell folks that have difficulties that it's the other left.
I write left handed but am right handed otherwise, and am a bit ambidextrous.
Complete lefty
Hanco: I have a few left handed friends - they come in handy when shooting Varmints from the VarmintMobile on private land (I shoot out the left window being right handed and the lefties shoot out the right hand window).
Other than that they aren't to useful.
Its my understanding that nearly 10% of Americans are left handed.
Stressed out expectant mothers are much more likely to give birth to lefties - puzzling that.
Among the many famous and dynamic left handers are Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin and Benjamin Franklin!
Among the many infamous and truly horrible people that are left handed would be the Boston Strangler, Jack The Ripper, Osama Bin Laden and barrack hussein obama!
Sadly they say left handed people live much shorter lives on average than right handers (7 to 8 years less!).
Heres wishing all you lefties a long and prosperous life.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Totally left handed and I have guns to prove it.
Everything from the left side.
I just posted several left hand rifles in the classified section.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sadly they say left handed people live much shorter lives on average than right handers (7 to 8 years less!).
Heres wishing all you lefties a long and prosperous life.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The reduced life expectancy comes from coveting pre-64 Model 70's and Barrett Fieldcrafts. They eventually waste away to nothing.....
Left eye Dominant, but write and do alot right handed and can shoot Both!
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I am.

Everything lefty. Makes for missing out on a lot of cool rifles.

So True! I am right handed, but I am blind, totally, in my right eye, so I shoot long guns left handed. Seeing the number of cool right handed rifles is maddening.
I'm a righty, my boys' mom is a righty. But one son is a full on lefty and the other is righty but left eye dominant. Go figure...

Poor bastiges are gonna suffer with righty rifles for a while...
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I shoot bow & gun Lefty, everything else righty.

Same here...it's about the weak right eye for me...
Left hand dominant, Right eye dominant. Fine motor skills, eating, writing, shooting long guns, all happen left handed. Major motor skills, hammer, batting, shooting handguns, happen right handed. Bunch of other stuff ambidextrous. Have purchased a few Right Hand long guns in past 10 years, only because they were not available in Left Hand. Only have a couple right handers left. At least one will be a graduation present for a grandson.
I had no idea there were so many freaks here.......... wink
Lefty for all but batting
I'm one.
And I should add I do everything left handed.
It is handy to have a left handed guy to shoot out the right window. I drive and shoot out the drivers window. I can’t shoot out passenger window for cshit.
Complete left-hander, except shooting a bow, swinging an axe or splitting maul.
I write, eat and shoot pool left handed. Everything else i do right handed and am right eyed.
i'm right handed and so is the old lady but all 4 of my kids are left handed. my father is left handed also.
Eat, drink, shave, brush teeth, and wipe left handed laugh kick left footed.......Write, shoot, and throw right handed
100% left handed here!
I'm 100% SOUTHPAW.

yours, tex
Shoot pool, brush teeth, and eat left handed, kick a football left legged, kinda ambidextrous here, full power work loads etc get the right side.
Lefty on most everything.... throw and shoot right more comfortably.
I have two (adopted) sons who are left hand shooters. The oldest is 100% lefty everything. The younger plays ball right hand right foot and writes right handed, but shoots left. I started them both out shooting a right hand pellet gun and they were very dysfunctional at loading and cocking it. So we moved up to left hand bolt .22lr and it was so natural for them both. Heck, I have a hard time shooting their stuff now. Totally backwards.
Totally left handed shooting rifle, shotgun, pistol and bow. Fish right-handed.
I'm about half and half.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I'm about half and half.

Ambisinistral?
Ambidextrous. I have a helluva time with 'turn right' turn left'. No dominant hand, really.
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.
This means that only left handed people are in their right mind.
southpaw here as well.
I am a complete lefty.
I write left handed. I throw a baseball left handed, but I throw a football right handed, I shoot a pistol left handed but a rifle and shotgun right handed. I shoot a left handed bow but use right handed golf clubs. I swing a hammer with my left hand but use scissors with my right. My right arm is my strongest and I'm right eye dominant. Somethings just feel more natural with one hand versus the other but I've always considered myself to be a lefty,
My teachers encouraged me to write with my right hand so I did. I'm left eye dominant, throw and shoot left handed, but I golf right handed and can bat either way. I purged my gun collection of all right hand bolts about 10 years ago, but I still have a Belgium Browning BAR and an AR with RH upper. Never had any issues with ejected brass with either one. My shotgun is a LH Benelli SBE 2.
Left handed here. So is my daughter. Baylor Health Edu. quote: " Left-handers are twice as likely to qualify for membership in Mensa, and when NASA needed imaginative, reliable, multitalented astronauts to explore the moon, it turned out that 1 out of every 4 of the Apollo astronauts was left-handed, which is 250% greater than statistical probability" .
Originally Posted by Chisos
Left handed here. So is my daughter. Baylor Health Edu. quote: " Left-handers are twice as likely to qualify for membership in Mensa, and when NASA needed imaginative, reliable, multitalented astronauts to explore the moon, it turned out that 1 out of every 4 of the Apollo astronauts was left-handed, which is 250% greater than statistical probability" .

interesting. my granddad was a lefty. made it to 97. his son, my uncle was a lefty made it to almost 90.

if they had been righties they might have been still alive according to some of the pundits?

i'm a lefty, and as a True Christian, i'm pretty sure i'd be better off dead.

in the past Left -Handedness could get one enslaved or kilt.
I'm all screwed up!

Shoot, eat, write, wipe, throw darts, bowl and shoot a basketball lefty. Golf, hit a baseball (fast pitch softball now, I'm old), kick and VOTE right. I can throw with either hand!

My oldest daughter is very similar to me as far as lefty/righty.

I've owned a few left handed rifles, but ended up selling them as I can work a right handed bolt action just as fast and are cheaper to buy. Only lefty rifle is my heavy varmint Savage 112 in .223!

Elk Country

© 24hourcampfire